StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bear & PGA players
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

Bear & PGA players

if you get a chance please chime in on this weekend, i need the help
GL

Old Post 08-29-13 11:35 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MSU, talk about timing. I was just getting ready to come on here. I spent about 6 hours on site at the DB Championship here in nearby Norton, MA today. I spent some time following Tiger and it was NOT packed early when he was going off. Spent some time in the NIKE truck that was on site and learned more about wedges, bounce etc than I thought possible, however that got me access to stand right behind the players on the range when I exited (remember - today is the Pro-Am; tournament proper begins tomorrow.) Watched all of the top players up close either on the range or on a couple of tees. Tiger looked good (not playing him - back seemed fine but might be a problem if he hits it in the rough.) I watched Phil hit balls for 20 minutes. He hit about 10 drivers, 9 of them went wide left and he wasn't trying to cut it.) He finally hit one solid and straight and put it away. He did hit the 3 wood well, however this course calls for many drivers. Not betting him either. Stenson and Day looked real good when I saw them. So did Adam Scott. By the way, Gary Woodland is an impressive athlete.

Based on value return, here are my plays in a fully loaded field.

Stricker: 30-1
Speith: 44-1
Fowler: 40-1

I didn't play them, but Z Johnson (39-1) and H Stenson (24-1) are both in good form and worth a look.

Old Post 08-29-13 11:52 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

thanks for this, what about Dustin Johnson, sorry to bother
GL

Old Post 08-30-13 12:22 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No worries, Mike. This is the time of year I start to ride your coat tails right through to March Madness. I stood 20' from DJ and watched him tee off a long par 4, so he hit driver and it was just plain different. He does not hit it all that high, but it stayed in the air for a while and it was straight. Can he win? Sure he can. However, he hasn't made a cut (0-2) since he got engaged to the lovely Paulina Gretzky. Do I blame him? No. Am I ready to invest in him? No.

Old Post 08-30-13 01:03 AM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

thanks, & yes i was thinking thesame thing lol
GL

Old Post 08-30-13 01:25 AM
Illini45

Here are a few tournament matchups (All 4 rounds) that I will be playing:

Jim Furyk -115 over Dustin Johnson

Furyk has four straight top tens and Johnson is coming off a missed cut last week, plus the recent engagement to The Great One's daughter might be weighing on his mind

Adam Scott +120 over Tiger Woods

Adam Scott is arguably the best player in the world right now, and even though he's against Tiger I like him as the underdog against anyone

Lee Westwood -125 over Sergio Garcia

Sergio has been playing pretty average golf as of late and Westwood is the better ball striker and overall player

GL

Old Post 08-30-13 02:11 AM
Illini45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Illini45 Click here to Send Illini45 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Illini

glad to see Furyk here & thanks for the outlook
GL

Old Post 08-30-13 02:52 AM
bostonshamrock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

couple plays for me
to win
day 20/1
furyk 25/1
z.johnson 35/1

tourney matchup
bradley over dufner -110

Good Luck

Old Post 08-30-13 02:55 AM
bostonshamrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bostonshamrock Click here to Send bostonshamrock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIV2

HI All

I also played
Stricker to win +2500
And a top 29 I was able to play at -130
Bubba Watson + 3500

Kuchar +2500 ( A play cause I had him last week & if he turns it around after last weeks dud sunday & I didnt play him I would be pissed)

Good luck.

Old Post 08-30-13 03:58 AM
BIV2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIV2 Click here to Send BIV2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Badger24
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hunter Mahan 40-1
Keegan Bradley 33-1

$10 on each

Old Post 08-30-13 10:43 AM
Badger24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger24 Click here to Send Badger24 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: