StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Cnotes July's MLB POD'S-Stats-News
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Nationals (52-55) at Tigers (60-45)
Game: 2
Venue: Comerica Park
Date: July 31, 2013 1:08 PM EDT

The last time Justin Verlander's ERA was this poor this late in a season, he was finishing off a disappointing 2008 campaign that marks the worst of his career.

Though his overall 2013 performance hasn't reached those depths quite yet, the Detroit Tigers are hoping their ace can turn things around as they try to hold on to a slim AL Central lead.

Gio Gonzalez, meanwhile, hasn't lost in more than two months, and he'll oppose Verlander as the visiting Washington Nationals look to end Detroit's four-game winning streak Wednesday.

Verlander (10-8, 3.99 ERA) agreed to a five-year extension in March that will pay him $28 million per season from 2015-19. He won the AL MVP and Cy Young Award in 2011 before helping Detroit reach the World Series in October, going 17-8 with a 2.64 ERA in 2012.

The Tigers (60-45) still sit atop the Central despite Verlander's rough stretch over the last couple of months. After going 4-3 with a 1.93 ERA through his first eight starts, he's 6-5 with a 5.21 ERA in 14 outings since May 16.

Verlander gave up seven runs and 11 hits in six innings of a 7-4 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Thursday, and he's in danger of his ERA climbing above 4.00 for the first time since it was 4.50 following the 2011 season opener.

The right-hander, who hasn't had this tough of a season since going 11-17 with a career-worst 4.84 ERA five years ago, chose to take the positives out of his latest start.

"As funny as it sounds, (Thursday) was a step in the right direction," said Verlander, who struck out 11 in eight innings of an 8-3 win over the Nationals in his only start against them June 16, 2010. "I thought my stuff was the best it's been all year. It was just a little erratic."

Gonzalez (7-3, 2.97) has had his better stuff for quite some time, as he's 4-0 with a 2.06 ERA in 10 starts since falling to Baltimore on May 27. He struck out 11 for the second straight start - matching a season best - while allowing three runs in 5 2-3 innings before Bryce Harper's walkoff homer gave Washington a 9-7 win over Pittsburgh on Thursday.

"It's one of those weird lines," Gonzalez said. "You look at it and find out that at the end I had 11 strikeouts. I kid you not, it felt like I had six."

The Nationals (52-55) have won six of Gonzalez's last seven starts. The left-hander gave up one run in seven innings to beat the Tigers 5-3 the last time he faced them Sept. 17, 2011, while with Oakland.

He'll look to help Washington split this two-game interleague series with Detroit, which leads second-place Cleveland by 2 1/2 games and has won eight of nine to move a season-best 15 games above .500.

Alex Avila hit a tiebreaking grand slam off Stephen Strasburg in the sixth inning to give the Tigers a 5-1 victory Tuesday, ending the Nationals' three-game winning streak.

Ryan Zimmerman drove in Harper for Washington's run after it busted out for a season-high 14 in Sunday's win over the New York Mets.

Detroit has won six of the seven all-time meetings with the Washington franchise at Comerica Park.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Tigers
Tue, Jul 30 Final 1 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Tigers
Wed, Jul 31 - 1:08PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's
GIRLS, GOLF,GAMBLING not in any particular order.

Old Post 07-31-13 03:14 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Blue Jays (49-57) at Athletics (63-44)
Game: 3
Venue: O.co Coliseum
Date: July 31, 2013 3:35 PM EDT

Nobody, not even Bartolo Colon himself, imagined that he'd be enjoying one of his best seasons in 2013.

The Oakland Athletics are glad the 40-year-old has turned back the clock, and they'd be happier still if he can stick around the rest of the season.

Colon will try to match the major league lead with a 15th victory Wednesday when the AL West-leading A's conclude their series with the Toronto Blue Jays.

After serving a 50-game suspension for a positive testosterone test that included the first five games this season, Colon (14-3, 2.54 ERA) is as surprised as anyone that he has a chance to tie Detroit's Max Scherzer for the most victories in baseball.

"I wouldn't have thought this,' Colon said after throwing six innings of two-run ball in Friday's 6-4 win over Los Angeles Angels. "I have surprised myself right now because I didn't know I was going to share the lead with the other pitchers. I am proud.'

So is manager Bob Melvin, whose team has won 12 of its last 13 with Colon on the mound.

"I'd be lying if I said I thought he'd be 14-3 right now," Melvin told the Athletics' official website. "... With starters sometimes, the win-loss record sometimes isn't really indicative of how good he is, but to be able to be 14-3 and give us as many quality starts and shutouts, I have a ton of confidence in him."

There has been speculation that Colon, as well as Toronto's Melky Cabrera - who was out of Tuesday's lineup with leg soreness - could each be handed second suspensions for their involvement in the Biogenesis performance-enhancing drug scandal. However, sources have told the AP that they will not face additional discipline when Major League Baseball announces player penalties, perhaps as early as this week.

Colon will try to get the A's (63-44) back on track after having a four-game win streak snapped with Tuesday's 5-0 loss that also trimmed its division lead over Texas to five games.

The Blue Jays (49-57), last in the AL East, go for the series win with R.A. Dickey (8-11, 4.86) coming off another rocky start.

The veteran knuckleballer allowed five runs in six innings of Friday's 12-6 victory over Houston. An eight-run seventh inning helped prevent Dickey from losing a career high-tying fourth consecutive start.

"I'm trying to remain optimistic because I feel like the same guy I was last year and it is frustrating not to get the same results,' said Dickey, last year's NL Cy Young Award winner.

He's already matched his career high in home runs allowed (24), but only six of those have come on the road. Dickey is 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in three starts in Oakland, where he has not pitched since 2008 while with Seattle.

Alberto Callaspo, who's hitting .253 with five home runs and 36 RBIs, could make his first appearance in an A's uniform after being acquired from the Angels on Tuesday for prospect Grant Green. Callaspo is expected to back up third baseman Josh Donaldson and play some at second, even though he hasn't done that since 2010.

"The good thing is he's played a lot of it in the past but there's no question there's been a little bit of a void the last couple of years," general manager Billy Beane said.

The Blue Jays have been getting plenty of production from Edwin Encarnacion, who has reached safely in 16 of his last 25 plate appearances.

Encarnacion, the AL player of the week, is 4 for 16 with a double off Colon.

Jose Reyes (3 for 4), Colby Rasmus (4 for 6) and Cabrera (5 for 8) have fared much better against the 2005 AL Cy Young Award winner.

------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Blue Jays at Athletics
Mon, Jul 29 Final 4 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Blue Jays at Athletics
Tue, Jul 30 Final 5 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Blue Jays at Athletics
Wed, Jul 31 - 3:35PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:22 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: White Sox (40-64) at Indians (58-48)
Venue: Progressive Field
Date: July 31, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

The Chicago White Sox are struggling to find a way to defeat the Cleveland Indians.

They can no longer look to Jake Peavy for answers.

After dealing the former NL Cy Young Award winner, Chicago will give the ball to Dylan Axelrod on Wednesday night when it tries to avoid its first seven-game single-season losing streak to the Indians in 37 years.

No longer in the AL Central race - the White Sox (40-64) are 24 games under .500 for the first time since Sept. 29, 1989, following Tuesday's 7-4 defeat - the team has an eye on 2014 and beyond after dealing veteran relievers Matt Thornton to Boston on July 12 and Jesse Crain to Tampa Bay on Monday.

Peavy, who was pushed back from Tuesday's start with Brazilian Andre Rienzo making his major league debut, was the latest White Sox pitcher to leave town after getting traded to the Red Sox on Tuesday night in a three-team deal.

Chicago acquired Detroit center fielder Avisail Garcia, who was assigned to Triple-A Charlotte, and three Red Sox minor leaguers.

"Garcia is a very young, five-tool player who already has spent time in the major leagues,' general manager Rick Hahn said in a release. "Our scouts are extremely optimistic about his future and view him as a potential impact talent for many years to come.'

The exodus from the White Sox could continue before Wednesday's 4 p.m. EDT non-waiver deadline, with shortstop Alexei Ramirez and right fielder Alex Rios possibly on the trading block.

However, Rios left in the eighth inning Tuesday after fouling a ball off his foot. He's supposed to undergo X-rays, yet he said he doesn't believe the left foot contusion is serious.

The Indians, 9-2 against the White Sox this season, could also make additional moves before the deadline according to general manager Chris Antonetti. Cleveland (58-48) will make at least one move Wednesday, optioning reliever Vinnie Pestano to Triple-A Columbus after acquiring left-hander Marc Rzepczynski from St. Louis via trade on Tuesday.

Wednesday's starter Cory Kluber (7-5, 3.74 ERA) was denied a victory Friday when the bullpen couldn't hold on to an 8-4 lead in the Indians' 11-8 victory. The right-hander gave up four runs in six innings after yielding none in his previous two outings.

Still, it was an encouraging outing after hip tightness forced him out of his last start - a 3-2 loss at Minnesota on July 20 - following five innings.

"It didn't really affect me too much tonight," Kluber, 1-1 with a 4.26 ERA in two career starts versus Chicago, told the Indians' official website. "Hopefully, it's in the past."

The Indians will face Axelrod (3-6, 5.17 ERA) for the third time this season as they go for a season-best seventh straight victory overall and their first seven-game run over the White Sox since an eight-game stretch June 11-Sept. 1, 1976.

The White Sox right-hander, who surrendered career highs of seven runs and 11 hits in his last start - an 8-5 loss at the Tigers on July 10 - made his first career road start in Cleveland, a 5-4 victory Sept. 20, 2011.

The White Sox, losers of four of five at Cleveland this season, have dropped 24 of 31 on the road.

The Indians have won nine straight at home for the first time since a 14-game run April 3-May 10, 2011.

--------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
White Sox at Indians
Mon, Jul 29 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
White Sox at Indians
Tue, Jul 30 Final 4 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
White Sox at Indians
Wed, Jul 31 - 7:05PM EDT

GAME 4
White Sox at Indians
Thu, Aug 1 - 12:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:40 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Giants (46-59) at Phillies (50-56)
Venue: Citizens Bank Park

Charlie Manuel will breathe a sigh of relief when the Philadelphia Phillies take the field on Wednesday night.

At long last, the trade deadline will have passed by the time the Phillies host the San Francisco Giants.

"I think the trade deadline for our team has been a distraction,' said the manager, whose team has gone 2-8 since the All-Star break and on the fringe of the wild-card race. "I'll be glad when it's over.'

Among those who may be departing Philadelphia is Michael Young, who homered in Tuesday's 7-3 win over San Francisco that snapped an eight-game skid. He finished with two hits, two runs scored and two runs batted in.

"We just have to do our job,' pitcher John Lannan said. "(Trade rumors) are part of the game. It's one of those things where you have to put it in the back of your mind and play. It's something you can't control.'

If Young exits the City of Brotherly Love, no one will be happier than San Francisco starter Chad Gaudin (4-2, 2.77 ERA). Young has more hits (15) off Gaudin than any other batter and is a lifetime .455 hitter against the right-hander. Of those 15 hits, three are home runs and three are doubles.

Gaudin is looking to return to form after a rough start against Cincinnati. Gaudin had a 0.77 ERA in four starts leading into Wednesday, when he surrendered season highs of six runs and five walks in an 8-3 loss.

"I didn't command the fastball," Gaudin said. "I didn't get ahead of hitters and against a team like that you can't fall behind."

Gaudin has made nine relief appearances but never started against the Phillies (50-56). He pitched two scoreless innings against them on May 6, but owns a 5.79 ERA in three appearances at Citizens Bank Park.

Carlos Ruiz will look to make life difficult for Gaudin after hitting his first home run since September 25 on Tuesday. The Phillies catcher, who finished with 16 home runs last season, needed 152 at_bats this year to finally go deep.

"I think Carlos showed last year the kind of hitter he can be,' Manuel said. ``He's missed some time and he's had a hard time getting back to where he was.'

The Giants (46-59), losers of five straight and eight of nine, would very much like to end a power drought of their own. They have gone nine games without a home run and have averaged 2.0 runs during that stretch.

"We couldn't get the offense going,' manager Bruce Bochy said. "That's been the frustrating thing during the stretch. We kept talking about it. We just had to get the bats going. We've tried everything.'

Buster Posey, tied for the team lead with 14 home runs, hasn't homered since July 20 and is mired in a 1-for-23 slump.

Fortunately for San Francisco, Philadelphia starter Kyle Kendrick (9-7, 3.96) has also struggled of late with a 5.76 ERA over his last five starts. Those woes continued Thursday, when he allowed three runs and four of his five total hits in the third inning of a 3-1 loss to St. Louis.

The right-hander, who pitched six innings in that defeat, has allowed just two runs over his last 11 1-3 innings against the Giants. He tossed seven innings of two-run ball in a 6-2 win May 7.

---------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Giants at Phillies
Tue, Jul 30 Final 3 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Giants at Phillies

GAME 3
Giants at Phillies
Thu, Aug 1 - 7:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:41 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Cardinals (62-43) at Pirates (64-42)
Venue: PNC Park

The Pittsburgh Pirates wrested control of the National League Central from the St. Louis Cardinals with a doubleheader sweep on Tuesday.

They'll look to expand their lead with a sixth straight win over the reeling Cardinals on Wednesday night.

The Pirates (64-42) have won eight of 11 behind a starting staff that has posted a 1.95 ERA during that span. They've compiled a 1.77 ERA in winning six of their last seven at PNC Park, helping raise Pittsburgh's home record among the majors' best to 35-18.

"We want more," manager Clint Hurdle said.

Jeff Locke (9-3, 2.15 ERA) will look to maintain both the Pirates' momentum and his own as he has gone 8-2 with a 1.70 ERA since April 23. The left-hander has yielded two earned runs or fewer in eight straight starts.

Locke has pitched around the plate all season long with little ill effect. He has walked three or more batters in 11 of his 20 starts, but he has a 2.37 ERA in those outings. That's partly due to his ability to pitch with runners in scoring position, as batters are hitting just .122 off him in such situations.

Friday was nearly a microcosm of his season - Locke struggled with control, walking six batters and allowing 14 baserunners overall, yet still gave up only two runs with a season-high nine strikeouts in 6 2-3 innings of a 2-0 loss to the Miami Marlins.

"Kind of sloppy," Locke said. "I felt really good, but just command wasn't there."

Locke has surrendered just three home runs in his last 17 starts.

While Locke ranks fourth in the majors with 57 walks, Adam Wainwright (13-6, 2.51) has issued 1.0 walks per nine innings, the best mark in the majors. The right-hander, who also is third in the NL with 145 strikeouts, has an 8.1 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Unlike Locke, Wainwright has struggled keeping the ball in the park of late. After surrendering just four home runs in his first 17 starts, he has given up three in his last five, including one in seven innings of a 4-1 loss at Atlanta on Friday.

"Sometimes you just get beat," Wainwright said. "I had some pretty good stuff tonight."

Wainwright will look to be a stopper for St. Louis, which has lost a season-worst six in a row. During that skid, the Cardinals (62-43) have managed six runs and batted .155 with one home run. Carlos Beltran is 4 for his last 32 (.125), Daniel Descalso is 0 for his last 16 with five strikeouts and Matt Carpenter is 2 for his last 24 (.083).

"It's just one of those points in the season -- you have your ups and downs, and hopefully it's the only down we have," pitcher Lance Lynn said.

That struggling offense will be further impacted without All-Star Yadier Molina. The catcher, third in the NL with a .330 batting average, is expected to be put on the disabled list for a strained right knee that has been bothering him since June.

Wainwright will make his first start against Pittsburgh since he gave up seven runs and a season-worst 11 hits to the Pirates on June 29, 2012. One of those 11 hits was a home run by recent call-up Alex Presley, who had a walkoff single in the 11th inning of Pittsburgh's 2-1 victory to open Tuesday's twinbill and a pinch-hit triple in the nightcap, which the Pirates won 6-0.

Pittsburgh's bullpen pitched six scoreless innings on Tuesday. Mark Melancon, with a 0.89 ERA, has allowed just one run and 14 baserunners in his last 20 innings. Jeanmar Gomez, who completed the sweep with two hitless innings, has posted a 1.04 ERA since transitioning back into the bullpen.

-------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Cardinals at Pirates
Mon, Jul 29 Final 2 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Cardinals at Pirates
Tue, Jul 30 Final 0 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Cardinals at Pirates

GAME 4
Cardinals at Pirates
Thu, Aug 1 - 7:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:44 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Mariners (50-56) at Red Sox (64-44)
Venue: Fenway Park
Date: July 31, 2013 7:10 PM EDT

While John Lackey has struggled of late for Boston, Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has shined for the Mariners since he was roughed up by the Red Sox earlier this month.

Lackey looks to avoid a third straight loss while trying to hand the All-Star and the Mariners an eighth consecutive defeat at Fenway Park on Wednesday night.

Though Boston (64-44) acquired veteran Jake Peavy from the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday as part of a three-team deal with Detroit, it likely can't afford Lackey (7-8, 3.19 ERA) to regress after his strong two-month stretch. The right-hander went 6-2 with a 2.32 ERA in his previous 11 starts before allowing nine runs and 19 hits over 12 2-3 innings in losing the last two.

Lackey gave up three homers and five runs overall in 6 1-3 innings of a 6-0 loss at Baltimore on Friday. His teammates, however, failed to score with him on the mound in both defeats.

"I felt OK, but they kind of took advantage of a couple of things," Lackey told the Red Sox's official website after his last outing. "I didn't pitch good enough."

Lackey hasn't faced the Mariners since 2011, but he's 4-1 with a 1.84 ERA in his last six against them.

Iwakuma (10-4, 2.87) yielded a season-high six runs and homers to Dustin Pedroia, David Ortiz and Mike Napoli in three innings but did not factor in the decision of an 11-8 loss to Boston on July 9. Since the shortest start of his career, the right-hander has posted a 2.25 ERA while winning three straight outings.

Iwakuma gave up four hits and struck out nine in six scoreless innings of an 8-2 win over Minnesota on Thursday.

"He did a great job of battling and working down in the zone," injured catcher Mike Zunino told the Mariners' official website. "The last few starts he's been really good at doing that."

Iwakuma hopes to help Seattle (50-56) end a seven-game skid at Fenway during which it's been outscored 44-18. The Mariners fanned 12 times, including nine against rookie Brandon Workman in Tuesday's 8-2 loss.

Pedroia homered and had three RBIs and Shane Victorino added three hits as a Boston bounced back after a blown call at the plate Monday overshadowed a 2-1 loss to Tampa Bay.

Boston trails the first-place Rays by one-half game in the AL East.

Pedroia was mired in a 2-for-35 slump heading into Tuesday's contest but is batting .407 (11 for 27) during Boston's home winning streak against the Mariners.

Victorino is 7 for 14 this season versus Seattle, which has lost four in a row overall against the Red Sox.

Kyle Seager and Kendrys Morales each had two hits for the Mariners, who have dropped four of six since a season-high eight-game winning streak.

"We had our backs up against the wall there early and were never able to make a run at it,' said Robby Thompson, who is serving as acting manager while Eric Wedge recovers from a mild stroke.

Morales is batting .315 with 11 RBIs in 18 games.

---------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mariners at Red Sox
Tue, Jul 30 Final 2 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mariners at Red Sox
Wed, Jul 31 - 7:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Mariners at Red Sox
Thu, Aug 1 - 7:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:46 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Rockies (51-57) at Braves (62-45)
Venue: Turner Field

Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez isn't ready to tab Mike Minor the future ace of his banged-up rotation, though the left-hander has certainly pitched that way as of late.

Tyler Chatwood has performed well enough to earn that distinction for the Colorado Rockies.

Minor will try to help the Braves win their sixth in a row Wednesday night when they take on Chatwood and the visiting Rockies.

Atlanta's lineup has led the way in the first two games of this series, as All-Star Freddie Freeman hit two home runs and Brian McCann added a three-run shot in Tuesday's 11-3 victory.

The Braves (62-45), a major league-best 36-15 at home, moved 10 games ahead of second-place Washington in the NL East.

With 20 runs and 26 hits in this set, the Braves are averaging 7.8 runs and hitting .311 while winning four of five in the season series.

They've also gone 9 for 22 with runners in scoring position in their last two games and are hitting .395 (17 for 43) in those situations during the winning streak.

"We've had a tough time staying away from the big inning first two games of this series," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "We've got to put innings away, we've got to put games away."

That could prove critical considering Colorado (51-57) isn't likely to be headed for a big day at the plate against Minor (10-5, 2.89 ERA).

Minor has found a groove, going 2-1 with a 1.91 ERA in his last four outings. He outpitched St. Louis ace Adam Wainwright on Friday, limiting the Cardinals to one run and four hits over seven innings in a 4-1 win.

Gonzalez, however, doesn't want to put any extra pressure on Minor by calling him the ace with veterans Tim Hudson and Paul Maholm out with injuries.

"He's been this good for a while," Gonzalez said. "We saw him growing up and getting better and better about this time last year. Let's let him dictate his own career and let's not start putting labels yet."

Minor gave up three runs in six innings to beat the Rockies 4-3 on April 23. He's 2-0 with a 5.50 ERA in three starts against Colorado.

Michael Cuddyer is 3 for 4 with a home run and double against Minor, and the right fielder is 5 for 12 with four RBIs in his last three games.

Teammate Nolan Arenado has homered in the first two games of this series and is 9 for 23 (.391) over his last six.

The slumping Rockies hope to avoid their seventh loss in 10 games by giving the ball to Chatwood (7-3, 2.48).

The right-hander is 3-1 with a 1.95 ERA in his last four starts and has allowed two runs or fewer in 12 of his 14 outings. He struck out a career-high 11 while yielding two runs over seven innings in an 8-3 win over Milwaukee on Friday.

Chatwood, though, is 1-1 with a 5.63 ERA in three starts against the Braves. He allowed five runs and nine hits over six innings versus Atlanta in his season debut April 24, a 6-5 win for the Rockies in 12 innings.

Chatwood's .345 batting average ranks second in baseball among pitchers with at least 29 at_bats. He went 1 for 2 with an RBI against Atlanta in April.

-------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rockies at Braves
Mon, Jul 29 Final 8 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rockies at Braves
Tue, Jul 30 Final 3 to 11
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Rockies at Braves

GAME 4
Rockies at Braves
Thu, Aug 1 - 7:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:47 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Mets (48-56) at Marlins (40-65)
Venue: Marlins Park

Henderson Alvarez and Jenrry Mejia have each made a good first impression this season.

The two 23-year old pitchers will square off Wednesday night as the Miami Marlins host the New York Mets.

Alvarez (1-1, 2.64 ERA), who didn't make his season debut for the Marlins until July 4 due to right shoulder inflammation, has been much better lately after posting a 4.58 ERA in his first three starts. The right-hander has held opposing batters to a .159 batting average over 13 scoreless innings in his past two outings.

That included six innings of two-hit ball in a 2-0 win over Pittsburgh on Friday to pick up his first win with Miami.

"He just had explosive stuff," Pirates catcher Russell Martin said. "His fastball was electric."

Alvarez has seemingly been helped by his offseason trade from Toronto, where he allowed 1.39 home runs per nine innings, the ninth-worst total in the majors, while pitching in one of the league's most hitter-friendly parks. With Miami, where the Marlins (40-65) play in one of the toughest venues to hit a home run at, Alvarez has yet to surrender a home run in 30 2-3 innings.

He'll face off against Mejia (1-0, 0.00), who followed brief stints with the Mets (48-56) in 2010 and 2012 with an excellent season debut Friday. Mejia limited Washington to seven hits and struck out a career-high seven in seven innings of an 11-0 win.

"I haven't seen him obviously that good in a long time," manager Terry Collins said. "The command of his stuff was very, very good. His location. I thought he pitched an outstanding game. His best changeup. I didn't know he had one. He used it and used it effectively."

While avoiding the home run has made the difference for Alvarez, avoiding the walk has been key for Mejia. The right-hander walked 29 in his first 55 innings in the big leagues, but walked no one Friday.

Mejia's strong start was only the latest in a stretch that spans back to Double-A Binghamton, where he allowed a run and six hits in 11 innings.

Mejia isn't the only Met to enjoy a strong July. John Buck, after singling home the two go-ahead runs in New York's 4-2, 10-inning win over Miami on Tuesday, has 16 RBIs this month, surpassing his combined total from May and June. The catcher is batting .302 since July 6.

On Tuesday, he was able to deliver after failing to drive a runner in from third with one out in the eighth.

"When I came up I kind of had a similar situation with (Miami reliever Steve) Cishek, who is more funky, I said, 'All right, just stick with that approach,'" Buck said. "He left it over the plate and I got the results I wanted this time.'

He was joined by Juan Lagares, who went 3 for 3 with a triple and a walk Tuesday. Lagares, who entered June with a .149 average, is batting .319 since with 16 of his 43 hits going for extra bases.

Alvarez, who has received 10 runs of support over his first five starts, hopes the Marlins can break out after averaging 2.4 runs per game while losing eight of 13.

He'll look to avenge his only start against the Mets on May 20, 2012, when he allowed six runs in five innings of a 6-5 loss.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mets at Marlins
Mon, Jul 29 Final 6 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mets at Marlins
Tue, Jul 30 Final 4 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Mets at Marlins

GAME 4
Mets at Marlins
Thu, Aug 1 - 12:40PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:49 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Diamondbacks (54-52) at Rays (64-43)
Venue: Tropicana Field

One of the many reasons for the Tampa Bay Rays' recent run of success has been the pitching of Jeremy Hellickson.

Though the Arizona Diamondbacks have struggled most of July, Wade Miley has pitched well this month.

Both pitchers look to continue their current success when the AL East-leading Rays try for a 10th consecutive interleague victory Wednesday night against a Diamondbacks team looking to avoid a fourth straight loss.

Tampa Bay (64-43) has won 28 of 36 and holds a one-half game lead over Boston in the division.

"It's been a lot of fun,' said Tampa Bay rookie outfielder Wil Myers, who is batting .465 (20 for 43) during an 11-game hitting streak. "We're doing everything we need to do. We're pitching well, we're hitting well, we're getting timely hits, and our bullpen's coming in and shutting the door.'

That run began June 19 when the Rays won 6-2 at Fenway Park behind six strong innings from Hellickson (10-3, 4.48 ERA). Tampa Bay has won Hellickson's last seven starts during which he's gone 6-0 with a 2.09 ERA. The right-hander allowed a run in six innings of a 10-6 victory at Yankee Stadium on Friday.

"(The pitchers) just go out there and be aggressive," Hellickson told the Rays' official website.

He's received an average 7.95 runs of support over those seven starts.

"It's not hard to win games when I'm getting eight, nine, 10 runs a game,' Hellickson said.

Though Hellickson is 1-3 with a 6.41 ERA in seven career interleague starts, the Rays improved to 10-1 against NL opponents this season after Tuesday's 5-2 win over Arizona (54-52).

Roberto Hernandez pitched the Rays' seventh complete in July - the most by a club in a calendar month since Philadelphia also recorded seven in May 1999. Rays starters have a 2.10 ERA this month.

"We feel like we're going to be in every single game, which gives us a lot of confidence to play," Myers said.

Ben Zobrist had three hits with two RBIs on Tuesday as Tampa Bay won for the 12th time in 13 home games. The versatile All-Star is batting .381 in his last 10 games.

Averaging 6.2 runs during their nine-game interleague streak, the Rays hope to stay hot at the plate against Miley (7-8, 3.86).

Arizona has dropped 11 of 18, but Miley is 3-1 with a 1.89 ERA in five July starts after going 1-6 with a 5.88 ERA in the previous nine. The left-hander shook off a batted ball to his right leg and gave up a run in 7 2-3 innings of a 3-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Thursday.

"He's been doing a great job and been throwing the way we need him to throw," infielder Cliff Pennington told the Diamondbacks' official website.

Eric Chavez hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning and Aaron Hill added two of Arizona's five hits Tuesday. The Diamondbacks have managed five runs and 14 hits during their three-game slide.

All-Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is 1 for 21 with nine strikeouts the last five contests.

Teammate Aaron Hill, however, is batting .432 (19 for 44) with four homers in his last 12 interleague games.

------------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Diamondbacks at Rays
Tue, Jul 30 Final 2 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Diamondbacks at Rays

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:51 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Angels (48-57) at Rangers (58-49)
Venue: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Date: July 31, 2013 8:05 PM EDT

After breaking out of their slump against one of baseball's hottest pitchers, the Texas Rangers appear poised to continue their turnaround when they face one of the coldest.

The Rangers look for another big performance at the plate and a three-game sweep against struggling Jerome Williams and the visiting Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday night.

Following a two-run, ninth-inning rally to win the opener, Texas (58-49) had another thrilling win Tuesday by tying the game in the ninth and winning it 14-11 on a walk-off, three-run homer by Leonys Martin in the 10th.

The Rangers broke through with six runs and 11 hits in four innings off Angels starter C.J. Wilson, who had won seven of his previous eight starts. The slumbering lineup had averaged 2.5 runs and batted .234 over the team's prior 16 contests.

Adrian Beltre had three hits and two RBIs Tuesday, leaving him 9 for 21 in his last five games against the Angels. Geovany Soto has homered in both games of this set and is 5 for 11 in the season series.

"They committed themselves to each other to try to finish as strong as we possibly can," manager Ron Washington said. "We have two games that were very exciting.'

Washington's club will try to continue that production against Williams (5-7, 4.85 ERA), whose 8.90 ERA since June 22 is the highest in the majors for any pitcher with at least five starts.

The right-hander dropped to 0-5 during a seven-start winless stretch after yielding four runs and six hits over five innings in a 6-4 loss at Oakland on Friday.

Williams pitched seven innings and allowed two runs in a 4-2 home win over the Rangers on June 1, 2012. He hasn't yielded a hit against them over five scoreless innings of relief this season.

Beltre has had success in this matchup, going 8 for 18 with a home run, double and four RBIs, while Nelson Cruz is 9 for 15 with three homers and nine RBIs.

Teammate Elvis Andrus is batting .341 during a 12-game hitting streak, but he's 2 for 15 lifetime versus Williams.

Texas left-hander Martin Perez (3-3, 4.37) will try to help send Los Angeles (48-57) to its first six-game losing streak since June 4-10, 2011.

Perez was tagged for a career-worst seven runs - six earned - and eight hits over three-plus innings in an 11-8, 11-inning loss at Cleveland on Friday. He's 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA in his last three outings.

This will be the first start against the Angels for Perez, who allowed two hits in one scoreless inning of relief against them in a 6-2 loss July 31, 2012.

That's an area where Los Angeles has struggled in this series. Closer Ernesto Frieri had converted 25 of 27 saves before consecutive blown chances in Texas.

"I never went through this," Frieri said. "I don't know what to do. We're very frustrated.'

After going 6 for 6 with two doubles and four walks in the two games, All-Star Mike Trout is hitting .385 with six homers and 14 RBIs in 17 career games in Arlington.

Former Ranger Josh Hamilton is 4 for 9 with six RBIs in the series and 13 for 26 in his last six against his old club.

The Angels won't have third baseman Alberto Callaspo, who was traded to Oakland for infielder Grant Green on Tuesday.

------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Angels at Rangers
Mon, Jul 29 Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Angels at Rangers
Tue, Jul 30 Final 11 to 14
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Angels at Rangers
Wed, Jul 31 - 8:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:53 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Brewers (46-61) at Cubs (48-58)
Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: July 31, 2013 8:05 PM EDT

The Milwaukee Brewers have saved the majority of their runs for the late innings and are on the verge of their first four-game sweep of the Chicago Cubs.

Scoring may be more frequent for both teams if Chicago starter Edwin Jackson can't end his struggles versus the Milwaukee Brewers and Wily Peralta is unable to overcome his recent woes Wednesday night.

The Brewers (46-61) haven't let any of the drama surrounding Ryan Braun's suspension bother them the past two days, as they broke open a scoreless game with a big ninth inning to win 5-0 on Monday before sweeping Tuesday's day-night doubleheader from their NL Central rivals.

Khris Davis hit a three-run homer in a four-run seventh to give Milwaukee a 6-5 win in Game 1, then Jeff Bianchi hit a two-run single off a diving Starlin Castro's glove with two out in the ninth of Game 2 for a 3-2 victory.

Milwaukee hasn't completed a four-game sweep of Chicago since joining the NL in 1997.

``That's what's great about this game,' Bianchi said. ``You get a chance in the (top) of the ninth to redeem yourself a little bit for the mistakes early on in the game."

The Cubs (48-58) have allowed 14 runs in the series, 11 coming in the seventh inning or later. They've also been limited to seven runs offensively while being held scoreless in 25 of the series' 27 innings.

Welington Castillo had three hits and an RBI in Game 1, and David DeJesus hit a two-run double in the nightcap after adding an RBI in the first contest.

"We had the bullpen set up the way we wanted it with some guys down and obviously just couldn't get it done," manager Dale Sveum said.

The Cubs' starters have a 1.35 ERA over their last five games, but the bullpen has a 10.57 ERA with two blown saves in this series. They will look to Jackson (6-11, 4.89 ERA) on Wednesday to continue his solid second half.

Jackson pitched well again Friday, allowing two runs in 6 2-3 innings before the Cubs rallied for a 3-2 win at San Francisco. He's 3-1 with a 2.51 ERA over his last five starts.

"Statistically, I've always been a second-half guy," Jackson said. "Sometimes the ball rolls in your favor, sometimes it doesn't. I don't feel like I've made any huge changes. I'm just trying to attack the strike zone."

The right-hander has had a difficult time with Milwaukee this season, though, dropping all three starts while posting a 6.48 ERA.

Peralta (7-10, 4.54) has fared better against the Cubs - going 1-1 with a 3.44 ERA in three starts - though he hopes this one goes better than the last. He gave up seven runs - three earned - in five innings of a 7-2 loss to Chicago on June 27.

The right-hander had gone 3-1 with a 0.87 ERA in his previous six starts before giving up eight runs - five earned - in just 3 2-3 innings of an 8-3 loss to Colorado on Friday.

``It was a tough outing, man,' Peralta said. "The starts before I was doing good because I was able to keep the fastball down. "I (didn't get) my slider, so I just leave a lot of fastballs up in the zone.'

Milwaukee has won seven of the last nine matchups with Chicago, but it still trails the fourth-place Cubs by 2 1/2 games at the bottom of the Central.

----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Brewers at Cubs
Mon, Jul 29 Final 5 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Brewers at Cubs
Tue, Jul 30 Final 3 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Brewers at Cubs
Wed, Jul 31 - 8:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:55 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Royals (52-51) at Twins (45-58)
Venue: Target Field
Date: July 31, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

The Kansas City Royals are on the verge of their longest undefeated stretch in a decade.

Jeremy Guthrie is one win away from matching a career high.

The veteran right-hander will try to pitch the Royals to an eighth consecutive victory Wednesday night against the Minnesota Twins.

Coming off a sweep over the Chicago White Sox to open their nine-game trip, Kansas City (52-51) won 7-2 on Tuesday to climb above .500 for the first time since it was 20-19 on May 18.

Mike Moustakas' second career two-homer game also helped the Royals improve to 8-3 in this AL Central matchup this season.

"Taking hundreds of swings every day and just trying to get that good feel back,' Moustakas said. "Feeling the barrel and today I found it. Keep working and keep building off of this.'

Kansas City can now string together eight consecutive wins for the first time since a 9-0 start to 2003.

Guthrie (10-7, 4.27 ERA) has a chance to equal a season high by winning a third straight start after throwing six innings of one-run ball in Thursday's 7-1 victory over Baltimore. He was 2-4 with a 6.05 ERA in his previous seven outings.

"Ten wins is obviously indicative of the way the team is playing,' said Guthrie, who went 11-14 for the Orioles in 2010.

He's made three starts against the Twins this season, going 2-1 with a 3.32 ERA. Guthrie was denied a fourth straight winning start in Minneapolis on June 27 when he surrendered three runs in 6 1-3 innings of a 3-1 defeat.

Minnesota (45-58) will counter with Kevin Correia (7-7, 4.56). The right-hander needs a bounce-back effort after lasting a season-low 1 2-3 innings in Thursday's 8-2 loss at Seattle. All six runs he allowed crossed in the second inning - the most runs scored against the Twins in one frame this season.

"It was obviously my worst start of the year,' Correia said after his shortest start since going 1 2-3 innings for San Diego on June 6, 2010. "I felt all right. The first half of the second inning I was making good pitches, and then I made a couple bad pitches and they just kept hammering them.'

The Royals did that the last time they faced Correia, a 9-8 Kansas City road win June 30 when he was charged with five runs and three walks in five innings.

Joe Mauer has struggled against Kansas City with just nine hits in 47 at_bats, but he had two of Minnesota's five hits Tuesday in his first game in eight days following the birth of twin daughters.

"It felt good to get out there,' said Mauer, 6 for 19 with two homers off Guthrie. "I haven't been out there in a while. But I was surprisingly good with the timing at the plate. I'm pleased, I guess, with that.'

Justin Morneau, whose name has been mentioned in trade talks leading up to Wednesday's non-waiver deadline, is 8 for 22 with two homers against Guthrie.

Royals designated hitter Billy Butler, a .425 hitter against Twins pitching this season despite Tuesday's 0-for-5 effort, is 1 for 4 with two walks off Correia.

Kansas City's four-game road winning streak is its longest since a five-game run May 12-21, 2012.

-----------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Royals at Twins
Tue, Jul 30 Final 7 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Royals at Twins
Wed, Jul 31 - 8:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Royals at Twins
Thu, Aug 1 - 1:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:57 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Yankees (55-51) at Dodgers (57-48)
Venue: Dodger Stadium
Date: July 31, 2013 10:10 PM EDT

Former Dodger Hiroki Kuroda stymied Los Angeles last month when he faced his former team for the first time.

Earning another victory against them could be tougher for the New York Yankees right-hander opposite Clayton Kershaw.

Kuroda looks to match a career high with his fourth straight winning start while Kershaw tries to win his third in a row Wednesday night at Dodger Stadium.

In his first start against his former team since leaving Los Angeles (57-48) after four seasons to sign with New York in 2012, Kuroda (10-6, 2.51 ERA) allowed two runs and walked one in 6 2-3 innings of a 6-4 victory over the Dodgers on June 19.

"Once the game started I didn't really focus too much on who I was facing,' Kuroda said after that appearance.

That was Kuroda's only victory during a nine-start stretch during which he went 1-4 with a 3.60 ERA before winning three straight. During his four July starts, Kuroda has yielded two runs and walked five in 26 innings.

He gave up six hits in seven innings of a 2-0 win at Texas on Thursday.

"I don't think I had any particular pitch that was working well, and from the get-go I didn't have a good outing,' Kuroda said. "But I think I was able to get big outs and have a decent outing.'

In Kershaw's only appearance against the Yankees (55-51) in 2010, he yielded a two-run homer to Alex Rodriguez and three other hits without walking a batter in seven innings of an 8-6 home win.

The major league ERA leader, Kershaw (10-6, 1.96) has a 1.72 ERA while winning five of six starts. The left-hander allowed a run and struck out eight in eight innings of a 2-1 win over Cincinnati on Friday.

"It was just typical Clayton," manager Don Mattingly told the Dodgers' official website. "He's just relentless as far as every hitter, every pitch, every inning. He just continues on. It's one of the greatest things about Clayton, he just never gives in."

The NL West-leading Dodgers won for the 27th time in 33 games and second in three meetings this season against the Yankees, 3-2 on Tuesday. Mark Ellis had two hits, including the winning single with two outs in the ninth to send Los Angeles to its fifth straight interleague victory.

"They're playing real well and we knew that coming in,' Yankees starter Andy Pettitte said. "So they've got a lot to be excited about right now. It would have been nice to come in here and be able to get this first game. But they're hot.'

With two more hits and a run driven in, Hanley Ramirez is batting .375 with 10 RBIs during his 11-game hitting streak. He's 7 for 21 with two doubles against Kuroda.

New York opened an eight-game trip by recording five hits while losing for the ninth time in 13 contests. Lyle Overbay homered and drove in both runs for the Yankees.

"We've had some tough losses in the second half but we're going to bounce back (Wednesday)," manager Joe Girardi said.

Derek Jeter went 0 for 4 after he homered and had two hits Sunday in his return from missing 2 1/2 weeks with a quad injury.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Yankees at Dodgers
Tue, Jul 30 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Yankees at Dodgers
Wed, Jul 31 - 10:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 03:59 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Dunkel

Cincinnati at San Diego
The Padres look to build on their 13-3 record in Eric Stults' last 16 home starts. San Diego is the pick (+115) according to Dunkel, which has the Padres favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+115). Here are all of today's picks.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 31

Game 951-952: Cincinnati at San Diego (3:40 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Bailey) 15.619; San Diego (Stults) 16.649
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1; 8
Vegas Line: Cincinnati (-135); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+115); Over

Game 953-954 St. Louis at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Wainwright) 15.286; Pittsburgh (Locke) 14.503
Dunkel Line: St. Louis by 1; 6
Vegas Line: St. Louis (-120); 7
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (-120); Under

Game 955-956: San Francisco at Philadelphia (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Gaudin) 14.815; Philadelphia (Kendrick) 13.887
Dunkel Line: San Francisco by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Philadelphia (-115); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Francisco (-105); Over

Game 957-958: Colorado at Atlanta (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Chatwood) 14.177; Atlanta (Minor) 16.640
Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 2 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: Atlanta (-160); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (-160); Under

Game 959-960: NY Mets at Miami (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Mets (Mejia) 15.698; Miami (Alvarez) 14.579
Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Miami (-110); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (-110); Under

Game 961-962: Milwaukee at Chicago Cubs (8:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Peralta) 13.575; Cubs (Jackson) 14.934
Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Chicago Cubs (-125); No Run Total
Dunkel Pick: Chicago Cubs (-125); N/A

Game 963-964: Toronto at Oakland (3:35 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Dickey) 14.936; Oakland (Colon) 16.471
Dunkel Line: Oakland by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Oakland (-160); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oakland (-160); Under

Game 965-966: Chicago White Sox at Cleveland (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Axelrod) 15.751; Cleveland (Kluber) 15.127
Dunkel Line: Chicago White Sox by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Cleveland (-170); 8
Dunkel Pick: Chicago White Sox (+150); Over

Game 967-968: Houston at Baltimore (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Bedard) 13.744; Baltimore (Gonzalez) 15.150
Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1 1/2; 10
Vegas Line: Baltimore (-240); 9
Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (-240); Over

Game 969-970: Seattle at Boston (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Seattle (Iwakuma) 16.111; Boston (Lackey) 15.157
Dunkel Line: Seattle by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Boston (-150); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (+130); Under

Game 971-972: LA Angels at Texas (8:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: LA Angels (Williams) 13.896; Texas (Perez) 15.497
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1 1/2; 10
Vegas Line: Texas (-140); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Texas (-140); Over

Game 973-974: Kansas City at Minnesota (8:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Kansas City (Guthrie) 16.462; Minnesota (Correia) 15.165
Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Minnesota (-110); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (-110); Under

Game 975-976: Washington at Detroit (1:08 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Gonzalez) 16.621; Detroit (Verlander) 15.700
Dunkel Line: Washington by 1; 6
Vegas Line: Detroit (-145); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Washington (+125); Under

Game 977-978: Arizona at Tampa Bay (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (Miley) 14.199; Tampa Bay (Hellickson) 16.118
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 2; 9
Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-170); 8
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-170); Over

Game 979-980: NY Yankees at LA Dodgers (10:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Kuroda) 14.925; LA Dodgers (Kershaw) 16.906
Dunkel Line: LA Dodgers by 2; 5
Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-185); 6 1/2
Dunkel Pick: LA Dodgers (-185); Under

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:00 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Short Sheet

Wednesday, July 31

National League

Cincinnati at San Diego, 3:40 ET
Bailey: Over is 6-1 in 2013 when Reds play final game of a road trip during the day
Stults: Padres 13-3 SU when Stults starts at Petco Park

St. Louis at Pittsburgh, 7:35 ET ESPN
Wainwright: Cardinals 10-3 SU when Wainwright starts on the road in 2013
Locke: Under is 11-3 when Locke starts at PNC Park

San Francisco at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
Gaudin: Giants 5-15 SU in 2013 road games for total over 8
Kendrick: Over is 8-2 when Kendrick starts at home in 2013

Colorado at Atlanta, 7:10 ET
Chatwood: Under is 10-3 when Chatwood starts on the road for the Rockies
Minor: Braves 7-2 SU in last nine games when HF of between -150 and -200 and total under 8

New York Mets at Miami, 7:10 ET
Mejia: Under is 8-2 last ten games a Mets game has had a total under 8
Alvarez: Under is 4-1 in Alvarez's five starts for Miami

Milwaukee at Chicago Cubs 8:05 ET
Peralta: Brewers 10-23 SU when on the road in 2013 with a total of 8 or higher
Jackson: Last four starts for Jackson have all been Under

American League

Toronto at Oakland, 3:35 ET
Dickey: Under is 7-3 in Dickey's road starts in 2013
Colon: Athletics 9-2 SU when Colon starts at home in 2013

Chicago White Sox at Cleveland, 7:05 ET
Quintana: White Sox 5-15 in 2013 on the road in a contest before playing a day game
Kluber: Indians 5-0 SU in Kluber's last five home starts

Houston at Baltimore, 7:05 ET
Bedard: Under is 6-1 in Bedard's last seven road starts
Gonzalez: Orioles 12-2 when Gonzalez starts at Camden Yards

Seattle at Boston, 7:10 ET
Iwakuma: Under is 10-3 in 2013 when Mariners are road dogs of more than +150
Lackey: Under is 6-0-1 when Lackey starts at Fenway Park in 2013

Los Angeles Angels at Texas, 8:05 ET
Williams: Road teams in 2013 are 4-13 SU when starting a southpaw with a total of 10 or over
Perez: Under is 7-1 in 2013 in a Rangers home game with a total of 10 or higher

Kansas City at Minnesota, 8:10 ET
Guthrie: Under is 6-1-1 in Guthrie's last eight road starts
Correia: Twins 7-3 SU when Correia starts at Target Field

Interleague

Washington at Detroit, 1:08 ET
Gonzalez: Nationals 9-1 SU when Gonzalez starts a day game
Verlander: Tigers are 3-6 SU in Verlander's last nine starts

Arizona at Tampa Bay, 7:10 ET
Miley: Diamondbacks 4-9 SU when Miley starts on the road in 2013
Hellickson: Rays 11-2 SU in Hellickson's last 13 road starts

New York Yankees at Los Angeles Dodgers, 10:10 ET
Kuroda: Under is 19-6 when Kuroda starts on the road for Yankees
Greinke: Dodgers 7-1 SU when Greinke starts at Dodger Stadium

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:01 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, July 31

Hot pitchers
-- Locke is 4-2, 1.90 in his last eight starts. Wainwright is 3-1, 3.20 in his last six starts.
-- Gaudin is 3-0, 3.68 in his four road starts this season.
-- Minor is 2-1, 2.22 in his last four starts. Chatwood is 3-1, 2.28 in his last four outings.
-- Alvarez is 1-0, 0.00 (13 IP) in his last two starts. Mejia blanked Nationals for seven innings in his first '13 start.
-- Peralta is 2-1, 2.45 in his last five starts. Jackson is 3-1, 2.78 in his last five.

-- GGonzalez is 4-0, 2.19 in his last ten starts.
-- Rays won last seven Hellickson starts (6-0, 2.09). Miley is 3-1, 1.87 in his last five starts.
-- Kershaw is 4-1, 1.72 in his last six starts. Kuroda is 3-0, 0.69 in his last four.

-- Colon is 11-1, 1.53 in his last thirteen starts.
-- Kluber is 1-0, 2.42 in his last four starts.
-- MGonzalez is 4-0, 2.60 in his last four home starts.
-- Iwakuma is 3-0, 1.80 in his last three starts.

Cold pitchers
-- Bailey is 0-4, 4.68 in his last four starts. Stults is 0-2, 8.18 in his last two.
-- Kendrick is 2-3, 6.07 in his last five starts.

-- Verlander is 1-3, 6.31 in his last four starts.

-- Dickey is 0-3, 6.48 in his last four starts.
-- Norris is 0-2, 8.47 in his last three starts.
-- Lackey is 1-3, 4.33 in his last four starts.
-- Axelrod is 0-2, 9.64 in his last six.
-- Williams is 0-5, 8.42 in his last seven starts. Perez is 0-2, 9.39 in his last three outings.
-- Guthrie is 3-4, 5.85 in his last eight starts; Correia is 1-3, 6.39 in his last six.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. You're reading ***************.com. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
-- Bailey 3-21; Stults 2-22
-- Wainwright 5-22; Locke 3-20 (0 of last 12)
-- Gaudin 2-8; Kendrick 7-21
-- Chatwood 4-14; Minor 7-21
-- Mejia 0-1; Alvarez 1-4
-- Peralta 4-22 (0 of last 9); Jackson 7-21

-- GGonzalez 6-21; Verlander 6-22
-- Miley 6-21; Hellickson 7-21 (0 of last 11)
-- Kuroda 6-21 (1 of last 10); Kershaw 2-22

-- Dickey 6-22 (1 of last 10); Colon 5-21
-- Axelrod 6-18; Kluber 3-17
-- Norris 7-21; MGonzalez 6-18
-- Iwakuma 5-22 (0 of last 6); Lackey 7-18
-- Williams 5-14; Perez 4-8
-- Guthrie 6-21; Correia 6-20

Totals
-- Five of last seven Milwaukee games went over the total; nine of last eleven Cub games stayed under.
-- Seven of last nine St Louis games stayed under total.
-- Seven of last ten Colorado road games stayed under.
-- Four of last six San Francisco games stayed under.
-- 12 of last 14 Marlin games stayed under the total.
-- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Cincinnati games.

-- Three of last four Washington games stayed under total.
-- Eight of last ten Tampa Bay games stayed under total.
-- Under is 7-3-1 in last eleven Bronx games.

-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Baltimore games.
-- Eight of last eleven Cleveland games stayed under total.
-- Six of last eight Boston games stayed under the total.
-- Under is 7-2-1 in last ten Texas games.
-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Kansas City games.
-- Six of last nine Toronto games went over the total.

Hot teams
-- Brewers won four of their last five games.
-- Pirates won six of their last seven home games.
-- Braves won five of their last six games.
-- San Diego won seven of its last nine games.

-- Detroit won eight of its last nine games. Nationals won four of their last six.
-- Tampa Bay won 23 of its last 27 games.
-- Dodgers won 27 of their last 33 games.

-- Boston won 14 of its last 20 games at Fenway Park.
-- Indians won their last six games, scoring 38 runs.
-- Kansas City won its last seven games, allowing 12 runs.
-- Rangers won three of their last four home games.
-- A's won 13 of their last 18 home games.

Cold teams
-- Cubs lost their last three games, scoring seven runs.
-- Cardinals lost their last six games, scoring six runs.
-- Rockies lost three of their last four games.
-- Phillies/Giants both lost eight of their last nine games.
-- Miami lost three of its last four games. Mets lost three of their last five.
-- Reds lost their last five games, scoring five runs total.

-- Arizona lost 13 of its last 17 road games.
-- Bronx lost nine of its last thirteen games.

-- Mariners lost three of their last four games.
-- Astros lost 14 of their last 17 games; Baltimore lost five of last seven.
-- White Sox lost eight of their last nine games.
-- Minnesota lost four of its last six games.
-- Angels lost eight of their last ten games.
-- Blue Jays lost four of their last six road games.

Umpires
-- Cin-SD-- Five of last six Davis games stayed under the total.
-- StL-Pitt-- Underdogs won 10 oif last 15 Fairchild games.
-- SF-Phil-- Five of last six Bellino games stayed under the total.
-- Col-Atl-- Five of last seven Foster games stayed under total.
-- NY-Mia-- Four of six Hamari games went over the total.
-- Mil-Chi-- Last five Estabrook games stayed under the total.

-- Wsh-Det-- Last six Gorman games stayed under the total.
-- Az-TB-- Favorites won last four Hallion games.
-- NY-LA-- Last four Bucknor games went over the total.

-- Tor-A's-- Eight of last ten LBarrett games stayed under total.
-- Chi-Cle-- Over is 11-6-2 in last eighteen Reyburn games.
-- Hst-Balt-- Four of last five Barksdale games stayed under.
-- Sea-Bos-- Last nine Darling games stayed under the total.
-- LA-Tex-- Last five Layne games went over the total.
-- KC-Min-- Under is 6-2-2 in last ten Nauert games.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:02 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Wednesday, July 31

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:08 PM
WASHINGTON vs. DETROIT
Washington is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Detroit
Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Detroit is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Washington
Detroit is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

3:35 PM
TORONTO vs. OAKLAND
Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland's last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Oakland's last 18 games

3:40 PM
CINCINNATI vs. SAN DIEGO
Cincinnati is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 5 games
San Diego is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Diego's last 11 games

7:05 PM
SAN FRANCISCO vs. PHILADELPHIA
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games
San Francisco is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games on the road
Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 6 games

HOUSTON vs. BALTIMORE
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston's last 8 games on the road
Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 6 games when playing Houston
Baltimore is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing Houston

CHI WHITE SOX vs. CLEVELAND
Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road
Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Cleveland is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland's last 15 games

ST. LOUIS vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of St. Louis's last 12 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
St. Louis is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 6 games when playing St. Louis
Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against St. Louis

7:10 PM
COLORADO vs. ATLANTA
Colorado is 1-10 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado's last 5 games
Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

SEATTLE vs. BOSTON
Seattle is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
Seattle is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Seattle
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston's last 13 games at home

NY METS vs. MIAMI
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games when playing Miami
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami's last 6 games when playing at home against NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Miami's last 14 games

ARIZONA vs. TAMPA BAY
Arizona is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Tampa Bay's last 17 games
Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Arizona

8:05 PM
LA ANGELS vs. TEXAS
LA Angels are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 6 games on the road
Texas is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas's last 7 games at home

8:05 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. CHI CUBS
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Milwaukee is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Chi Cubs are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

8:10 PM
KANSAS CITY vs. MINNESOTA
Kansas City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kansas City's last 9 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota's last 9 games when playing at home against Kansas City

10:10 PM
NY YANKEES vs. LA DODGERS
NY Yankees are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games
LA Dodgers are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:02 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Long Sheet

Wednesday, July 31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CINCINNATI (59 - 49) at SAN DIEGO (50 - 58) - 3:40 PM
HOMER BAILEY (R) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
Top Trends for this game.
BAILEY is 8-13 (-8.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
BAILEY is 2-9 (-8.3 Units) against the money line in road games this season. (Team's Record)
BAILEY is 2-8 (-8.9 Units) against the money line in day games this season. (Team's Record)
BAILEY is 8-13 (-8.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
SAN DIEGO is 126-144 (+5.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 71-62 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 72-69 (+17.0 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 50-55 (+3.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
SAN DIEGO is 26-23 (+7.8 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
SAN DIEGO is 20-12 (+12.5 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 18-12 (+8.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
STULTS is 22-15 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STULTS is 13-3 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STULTS is 22-14 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CINCINNATI is 642-716 (+53.6 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 579-660 (+37.6 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 71-44 (+20.0 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 91-53 (+16.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 202-165 (+43.7 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season since 1997.
BAILEY is 28-10 (+15.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season since 1997. (Team's Record)

Head-to-Head Series History
SAN DIEGO is 2-0 (+2.8 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

HOMER BAILEY vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
BAILEY is 4-0 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 4.30 and a WHIP of 1.273.
His team's record is 6-1 (+4.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-0. (+5.0 units)

ERIC STULTS vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
STULTS is 1-0 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 1.50 and a WHIP of 1.167.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.1 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ST LOUIS (62 - 43) at PITTSBURGH (64 - 42) - 7:05 PM
ADAM WAINWRIGHT (R) vs. JEFF LOCKE (L)
ST LOUIS is 6-17 (-13.3 Units) against the money line in road games in July games over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 52-62 (-23.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 64-42 (+26.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 35-18 (+14.6 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 12-4 (+9.2 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday this season.
PITTSBURGH is 29-17 (+14.3 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
PITTSBURGH is 64-42 (+26.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
PITTSBURGH is 41-24 (+17.8 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 53-32 (+26.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
PITTSBURGH is 37-26 (+13.6 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
PITTSBURGH is 331-344 (+47.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
ST LOUIS is 30-13 (+14.3 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
WAINWRIGHT is 31-11 (+18.2 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)
WAINWRIGHT is 54-31 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)
WAINWRIGHT is 57-27 (+19.4 Units) against the money line after a loss since 1997. (Team's Record)

PITTSBURGH is 6-2 (+5.0 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
5 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

ADAM WAINWRIGHT vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
WAINWRIGHT is 8-4 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.99 and a WHIP of 1.489.
His team's record is 9-6 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 11-1. (+10.2 units)

JEFF LOCKE vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
LOCKE is 1-0 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.714.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (46 - 59) at PHILADELPHIA (50 - 56) - 7:05 PM
CHAD GAUDIN (R) vs. KYLE KENDRICK (R)
SAN FRANCISCO is 46-59 (-23.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 19-32 (-13.2 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 7-17 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 46-57 (-21.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 27-37 (-15.8 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 32-38 (-13.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 21-36 (-21.8 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 17-32 (-23.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 4-10 (-10.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season this season.
KENDRICK is 64-43 (+22.5 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
GAUDIN is 27-19 (+14.8 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
GAUDIN is 21-10 (+15.9 Units) against the money line in road games in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
PHILADELPHIA is 131-137 (-27.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 133-155 (-45.9 Units) against the money line at home with a money line of -100 to -125 since 1997.
PHILADELPHIA is 131-134 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 21-26 (-10.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.

PHILADELPHIA is 3-1 (+2.6 Units) against SAN FRANCISCO this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

CHAD GAUDIN vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
No recent starts.

KYLE KENDRICK vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
KENDRICK is 1-1 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 3.72 and a WHIP of 1.138.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

COLORADO (51 - 57) at ATLANTA (62 - 45) - 7:10 PM
TYLER CHATWOOD (R) vs. MIKE MINOR (L)
COLORADO is 115-155 (-29.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 194-254 (-67.0 Units) against the money line in July games since 1997.
COLORADO is 188-243 (-57.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 29-60 (-29.3 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 26-61 (-24.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
ATLANTA is 156-114 (+20.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 36-15 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
ATLANTA is 36-15 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
ATLANTA is 110-71 (+23.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 95-61 (+20.1 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.

ATLANTA is 4-1 (+2.9 Units) against COLORADO this season
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.1 Units)

TYLER CHATWOOD vs. ATLANTA since 1997
CHATWOOD is 1-1 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 5.63 and a WHIP of 1.688.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.0 units)

MIKE MINOR vs. COLORADO since 1997
MINOR is 2-0 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 5.50 and a WHIP of 1.444.
His team's record is 3-0 (+3.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

NY METS (48 - 56) at MIAMI (40 - 65) - 7:10 PM
JENRRY MEJIA (R) vs. HENDERSON ALVAREZ (R)
NY METS are 26-42 (-17.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
NY METS are 38-24 (+19.9 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 27-26 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
NY METS are 22-11 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 27-26 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field this season.
NY METS are 55-44 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 30-18 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 109-158 (-34.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 92-120 (-35.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 13-29 (-16.1 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 108-154 (-31.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 40-56 (-17.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 72-111 (-29.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 96-148 (-41.7 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons.
ALVAREZ is 0-9 (-10.2 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

MIAMI is 8-5 (+6.3 Units) against NY METS this season
7 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

JENRRY MEJIA vs. MIAMI since 1997
No recent starts.

HENDERSON ALVAREZ vs. NY METS since 1997
ALVAREZ is 0-1 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 10.80 and a WHIP of 2.200.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

MILWAUKEE (46 - 61) at CHICAGO CUBS (48 - 58) - 8:05 PM
WILY PERALTA (R) vs. EDWIN JACKSON (R)
MILWAUKEE is 46-61 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 54-79 (-25.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 46-61 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
MILWAUKEE is 63-64 (-16.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 28-23 (+13.8 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 17-7 (+11.8 Units) against the money line in home games after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 3 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 109-159 (-27.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 17-28 (-15.0 Units) against the money line at home with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 3 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 694-664 (-154.9 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 15-31 (-13.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
CHICAGO CUBS are 109-159 (-27.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 193-203 (-68.7 Units) against the money line in home games in night games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 948-1048 (-187.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 645-636 (-148.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
JACKSON is 20-32 (-13.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
JACKSON is 5-17 (-13.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
JACKSON is 19-32 (-14.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
JACKSON is 8-16 (-10.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

MILWAUKEE is 8-3 (+5.0 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.7 Units)

WILY PERALTA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
PERALTA is 1-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.44 and a WHIP of 1.363.
His team's record is 1-2 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.3 units)

EDWIN JACKSON vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
JACKSON is 3-5 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 4.37 and a WHIP of 1.400.
His team's record is 5-7 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-5. (+0.6 units)

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:03 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

TORONTO (49 - 57) at OAKLAND (63 - 44) - 3:35 PM
R.A. DICKEY (R) vs. BARTOLO COLON (R)
TORONTO is 49-57 (-8.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TORONTO is 9-16 (-9.5 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
TORONTO is 3-14 (-11.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.
OAKLAND is 63-44 (+15.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
OAKLAND is 43-18 (+18.3 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -125 to -150 over the last 3 seasons.
OAKLAND is 34-17 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
OAKLAND is 34-14 (+20.5 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 63-41 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
OAKLAND is 43-29 (+11.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
OAKLAND is 61-52 (+14.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 75-44 (+27.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 36-14 (+17.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
COLON is 17-4 (+12.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
COLON is 17-4 (+12.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
COLON is 17-6 (+12.2 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

TORONTO is 1-1 (+0.4 Units) against OAKLAND this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

R.A. DICKEY vs. OAKLAND since 1997
DICKEY is 1-3 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 5.73 and a WHIP of 1.500.
His team's record is 2-6 (-4.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-4. (-0.3 units)

BARTOLO COLON vs. TORONTO since 1997
COLON is 10-5 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 4.12 and a WHIP of 1.303.
His team's record is 15-9 (+3.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 13-10. (+2.6 units)

CHI WHITE SOX (40 - 64) at CLEVELAND (58 - 48) - 7:05 PM
DYLAN AXELROD (R) vs. COREY KLUBER (R)
CHI WHITE SOX are 40-64 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 17-31 (-13.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 18-36 (-15.6 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 12-26 (-14.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 38-59 (-21.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 21-43 (-22.3 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 31-46 (-14.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 22-41 (-20.2 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
CLEVELAND is 58-48 (+14.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 35-19 (+14.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
CLEVELAND is 55-45 (+12.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
CLEVELAND is 36-32 (+7.7 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
CLEVELAND is 37-33 (+6.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
CLEVELAND is 34-22 (+11.6 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
CLEVELAND is 30-17 (+11.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
CLEVELAND is 103-109 (-35.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday since 1997.
CLEVELAND is 17-28 (-12.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

CLEVELAND is 9-2 (+7.7 Units) against CHI WHITE SOX this season
7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.3 Units)

DYLAN AXELROD vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
AXELROD is 0-0 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 4.32 and a WHIP of 1.440.
His team's record is 1-2 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.1 units)

COREY KLUBER vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
KLUBER is 1-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 4.26 and a WHIP of 1.105.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

HOUSTON (35 - 70) at BALTIMORE (59 - 48) - 7:05 PM
ERIK BEDARD (L) vs. MIGUEL GONZALEZ (R)
HOUSTON is 90-176 (-41.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 6-27 (-16.0 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +175 to +200 over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 37-94 (-26.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 8-41 (-26.9 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 88-171 (-41.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 100-211 (-68.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
HOUSTON is 95-186 (-49.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons.
HOUSTON is 12-41 (-17.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BEDARD is 13-32 (-20.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997. (Team's Record)
BALTIMORE is 59-48 (+9.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BALTIMORE is 73-53 (+22.0 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 79-57 (+15.5 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 54-40 (+11.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
BALTIMORE is 42-29 (+11.7 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
BALTIMORE is 45-36 (+11.6 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 82-72 (+14.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 84-65 (+18.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
GONZALEZ is 22-12 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 12-4 (+9.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 8-0 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 8-0 (+8.2 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 8-0 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 7-0 (+7.4 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season. (Team's Record)
HOUSTON is 10-6 (+10.4 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday this season.

BALTIMORE is 3-1 (+1.5 Units) against HOUSTON this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.9 Units)

ERIK BEDARD vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
BEDARD is 1-1 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 5.54 and a WHIP of 1.654.
His team's record is 3-3 (-1.9 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-5. (-4.6 units)

MIGUEL GONZALEZ vs. HOUSTON since 1997
GONZALEZ is 1-0 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 1.50 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

SEATTLE (50 - 56) at BOSTON (64 - 44) - 7:10 PM
HISASHI IWAKUMA (R) vs. JOHN LACKEY (R)
SEATTLE is 299-425 (-97.7 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss since 1997.
BOSTON is 64-44 (+12.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
SEATTLE is 30-20 (+11.5 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
IWAKUMA is 24-14 (+13.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
IWAKUMA is 23-13 (+13.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
IWAKUMA is 16-7 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
IWAKUMA is 13-5 (+12.2 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
BOSTON is 69-67 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 12-19 (-13.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 115-125 (-33.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 90-100 (-25.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 85-97 (-27.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 458-342 (-57.6 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.

BOSTON is 4-1 (+3.3 Units) against SEATTLE this season
4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+4.0 Units)

HISASHI IWAKUMA vs. BOSTON since 1997
IWAKUMA is 0-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 18.00 and a WHIP of 2.667.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

JOHN LACKEY vs. SEATTLE since 1997
LACKEY is 15-10 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 3.61 and a WHIP of 1.330.
His team's record is 19-11 (+3.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 16-13. (+1.7 units)

LA ANGELS (48 - 57) at TEXAS (58 - 49) - 8:05 PM
JEROME WILLIAMS (R) vs. MARTIN PEREZ (L)
LA ANGELS are 48-57 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA ANGELS are 18-29 (-20.8 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
LA ANGELS are 48-57 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA ANGELS are 30-45 (-28.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
LA ANGELS are 10-16 (-9.8 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
LA ANGELS are 22-34 (-22.0 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
LA ANGELS are 686-679 (+54.8 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
TEXAS is 19-29 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 78-72 (-22.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.

TEXAS is 6-2 (+3.7 Units) against LA ANGELS this season
6 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.7 Units)

JEROME WILLIAMS vs. TEXAS since 1997
WILLIAMS is 1-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 2.57 and a WHIP of 1.286.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

MARTIN PEREZ vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
No recent starts.

KANSAS CITY (52 - 51) at MINNESOTA (45 - 58) - 8:10 PM
JEREMY GUTHRIE (R) vs. KEVIN CORREIA (R)
CORREIA is 39-35 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 45-25 (+27.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 16-7 (+10.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 21-9 (+17.0 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday since 1997. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 16-7 (+10.6 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 65-54 (+26.3 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
CORREIA is 54-39 (+28.5 Units) against the money line after a loss since 1997. (Team's Record)
KANSAS CITY is 61-57 (+11.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 89-89 (+10.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
GUTHRIE is 29-21 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GUTHRIE is 11-2 (+11.0 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season. (Team's Record)
GUTHRIE is 16-7 (+10.4 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GUTHRIE is 13-7 (+7.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
GUTHRIE is 23-15 (+11.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MINNESOTA is 87-124 (-36.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 87-124 (-36.4 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 57-89 (-32.7 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 29-47 (-15.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 6-16 (-9.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

KANSAS CITY is 8-3 (+4.6 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
6 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.6 Units)

JEREMY GUTHRIE vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
GUTHRIE is 6-3 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 3.31 and a WHIP of 1.117.
His team's record is 6-4 (+3.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-6. (-3.0 units)

KEVIN CORREIA vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
CORREIA is 0-2 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 5.71 and a WHIP of 1.673.
His team's record is 0-3 (-3.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+1.0 units)

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:04 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WASHINGTON (52 - 55) at DETROIT (60 - 45) - 1:05 PM
GIO GONZALEZ (L) vs. JUSTIN VERLANDER (R)
WASHINGTON is 52-55 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
WASHINGTON is 11-15 (-9.9 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
WASHINGTON is 52-55 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
WASHINGTON is 38-41 (-13.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
WASHINGTON is 30-13 (+16.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 109-97 (+20.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
GONZALEZ is 38-17 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 22-7 (+15.4 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 9-1 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in road games in day games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GONZALEZ is 38-17 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
DETROIT is 155-125 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 19-24 (-16.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 21-22 (-12.6 Units) against the money line in day games this season.
DETROIT is 147-119 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 31-28 (-15.4 Units) against the money line after a win this season.

WASHINGTON is 2-1 (+1.2 Units) against DETROIT this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

GIO GONZALEZ vs. DETROIT since 1997
GONZALEZ is 1-3 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 5.33 and a WHIP of 1.657.
His team's record is 1-4 (-3.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-2. (+0.8 units)

JUSTIN VERLANDER vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
VERLANDER is 1-0 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 3.38 and a WHIP of 0.875.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.1 units)

ARIZONA (54 - 52) at TAMPA BAY (64 - 43) - 7:10 PM
WADE MILEY (L) vs. JEREMY HELLICKSON (R)
ARIZONA is 36-45 (-15.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 64-43 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 34-16 (+15.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
TAMPA BAY is 100-41 (+33.4 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.
TAMPA BAY is 21-4 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 82-55 (+25.2 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
ARIZONA is 77-69 (+18.9 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.

TAMPA BAY is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against ARIZONA this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

WADE MILEY vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
No recent starts.

JEREMY HELLICKSON vs. ARIZONA since 1997
No recent starts.

NY YANKEES (55 - 51) at LA DODGERS (57 - 48) - 10:10 PM
HIROKI KURODA (R) vs. CLAYTON KERSHAW (L)
NY YANKEES are 152-140 (-29.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
KURODA is 5-12 (-9.7 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LA DODGERS are 19-5 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
LA DODGERS are 11-21 (-16.1 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.

LA DODGERS is 2-1 (+1.3 Units) against NY YANKEES this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.7 Units)

HIROKI KURODA vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
KURODA is 1-0 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 2.70 and a WHIP of 1.349.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.1 units)

CLAYTON KERSHAW vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
KERSHAW is 0-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 2.57 and a WHIP of 0.571.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 07-31-13 04:05 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: