StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NHL 1st round series picks
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NHL 1st round series picks

Pens -1.5 -195

Even if Crosby didn't come back the Pens still win this series. Pens just too deep and the Isles have a No. 1 line although No.2 did shine pretty well the last few weeks. Even if Nabby stands on his head it will not be enough to win. Maybe pull off one upset but that's it. The great news for the Isles fans is that next year with a couple more sticks in the offseason you should have one hell of a team.

Habs -147

It's amazing what the Sens have done this year with all the injuries. Someone deserves coach of the year honors. This will be the Habs speed against the Sens piledriving them into the boards and ice. Considering the lack of scoring from the Sens I don't think hard physical play will change things. Although if the Sens can stay out of the sin bin that will even things up a bit. But if you play physical it will be called sometime. We all know even with all the new rules, the whistles are put away in the 1st round, till they get word from above to call more penalties.

Anderson will even things up a bit, but if Price gets his stuff together at all this could end in 5 or 6 games. Anderson has been playing over his head and price under his. Habs are suspect for sure though. See this one going all 7 games.

Boston -1.5 games Ev

The B's have stumbled to the playoffs and the Leafs have stepped things up. Once again the B's are having a hard time hitting the back of the net. Reimer has got to out play Rask if they have any chance at all. Although if the Leafs don't put more pucks on the net it will be tough to win anyway. They will need to open things up, then don't want a 60 minute hard checking slog-fest against the B's.

Will Kessel even be on the map for this series ? He caught fire a bit last couple of weeks of the season, but this will be the test for sure. He should have some extra fire in the belly going against hi sold team.

The Leafs had a real good year and many are happy they are in the playoffs. But do they know how to step it up and win in the playoffs ? I don't think so, they are going against a team that has been there as of late and that will make a world of difference. There is a reason the B's have dominated the Leafs and I see it happening again. 6 games here and very possible 5

Caps +102

The Caps have caught fire at the right time of year. Ovechkin sees the net like a soccer goal right now. The Caps PP is great (Ranked No. 1) and almost as important as the big O is Holtby has been playing really well the past month. That will make the difference where you know that Lundqvist will play great no questions there. The Rangers are middle of the pack putting goals in. As usual great D and average to low mid average scoring.

So we have the leagues best PP going against the leagues 27th PK. We have an edge in goal for the Rangers. The Caps have a player scoring out of his mind.

Bottom line is the Caps have better scorers then the Rangers and that's what it will come down to.

Caps in 7

Sharks +112

Wildcard here is who starts in net for the Nucks ? Really I don't think it makes any difference The Sharks swept the season series from the Nucks. Neither team has a scoring touch, goals against is pretty much even, PK percentage is almost the same, the only real difference on the surface is the Sharks PP is much better than the Nucks.

Both of these teams leave their fans with a trail of tears. Talk about disappointing to the extreme. But anyway........The Nucks had a very nice pickup of Roy that has made an impact and getting Kesler back is making a huge difference. I think Niemi will make the difference here though. You have a goaltender that has won a cup. A goaltender that is just on fire right now. And once again, no one really knows what shape Schneider is in now. I am thinking there is no way he is sitting for the 1st game.

But how will he perform ? This is his first playoffs as a starter and that's a completely different animal from the regular season. I will take the seasoned goaltender with his name on the cup over the who knows what health and first playoffs as a starter goaltender.

Sharks in 7

Old Post 05-01-13 06:16 AM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: