StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MLB Underdog Chase
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Mshven87

MLB Underdog Chase

Hey, so I've been away for 4 years. But back in the hay days there was a great MLB underdog chase system. Is anyone doing it this year?

I'm going to try but my problem is figuring out the teams that will be underdogs for all 3 games.

Anyone else going to dabble in this system?

MLB Money Season!!

Old Post 04-05-13 01:07 AM
Mshven87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mshven87 Click here to Send Mshven87 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The original underdog system was awesome, unfortunately, people made a lot of tweaks to it in the past few years which resulted in a lot more plays, and a lot more losses. I'm pretty sure everyone stopped doing it because it was losing money they way it was being done. I had the same problem as you are talking about when I did all the research myself. Good luck if you decide to give it a try, I hope you use the original criteria!

Old Post 04-05-13 01:20 AM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Mshven87

The system I was using was basic

Pick a team that is going to be an underdog for 3 games straight

Example: Bet $20 on the first game, if they loose
Bet $40 on the next one, if they loose
Bet $80 on the next one

Since there's so many games, even the worst teams win about 33% of their games. Making that 1 out of 3, and thus.

Dont play 2 games series and it's a judgement call on 4 game serious

Basic. No extra bets. There was a guy on this forum that used to put out who the underdogs would be for 3 game series. And he did it really well. If I can get it going, I'll post.

Old Post 04-05-13 01:30 AM
Mshven87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mshven87 Click here to Send Mshven87 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If you're interested, I can give you all the qualifiers of the original one (I think it was bDnews who posted it). He looked at winning percentages for last 10 games, historical win percentages of the teams head to head, etc. There were about 10 criteria in total. Usually only 1 or 2 series would qualify, but won at a very high rate. Send me a PM with your e-mail if you're interested and I'll mail you the excel spreadsheet I used. It's at my office so I won't be able to send until tomorrow.

Old Post 04-05-13 01:40 AM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildjayson

lets bring it back im in thanx in advance

Old Post 04-05-13 03:00 AM
wildjayson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildjayson Click here to Send wildjayson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I have no problem doing the research for these, as stated above, I usually have difficulty figuring if teams will be dogs all games of a series, but I can do the rest. There are no plays until teams have played 10 games, so we'll start then

Old Post 04-05-13 03:04 AM
wildjayson

thanx cwin

Old Post 04-05-13 03:16 AM
wildjayson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildjayson Click here to Send wildjayson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It took a long time, but I found a link to the original system before changes were made. Definitely wortha read

http://forums.statfox.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26528

Old Post 04-05-13 03:38 PM
wildjayson

v ery interesting,shame he got chased away by the haters and we diddnt get to see it play out for the season.did you play it only once?or have you used it for multiple seasons?Either way im in ,seems like with ONLY the original filters worth a shot.thanx in advance will follow and cheer

Old Post 04-05-13 04:46 PM
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I played it for a few seasons and then didn't have time to do the work after that. It was profitable when I used it. I think if we stick to the original filters, which don't result in tons of plays, it can work again. I'll start posting plays starting with the 4th series of the season.

Old Post 04-05-13 05:46 PM
wildjayson

gotcha,will follow

Old Post 04-05-13 06:58 PM
Mshven87

I did it for 3 seasons and was profitable every time. I'll pm you and if you want to do the research, I'll try my hand at finding 3 game dogs.
Good stuff.

Old Post 04-05-13 09:14 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: