StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Tuesday CBB
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tuesday CBB

Everyone piling on Baylor, yet the line is starting to drop.

This fits nice...

Play AGAINST BAYLOR against the spread in All games versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game.

The record is 0 Wins and 7 Losses for the last two seasons

BYU +3.5**

3 very strong trends backing...

E CAROLINA at WEBER ST. Under

Bought 146.5** on Sunday

E CAROLINA +5** (First Half)

Old Post 04-03-13 12:19 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
captainjoe388
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Cant see why a trend that is 0-7 is a good thing.

" Live Long and Prosper"
Mr. Spock

Old Post 04-03-13 12:28 AM
captainjoe388 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for captainjoe388 Click here to Send captainjoe388 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I see it reads like that, but the trend isn't 0 - 7, Baylor is.

I also cut down the verbiage since it was long with other details that fit the contest.

FWIW

I don't make wagers solely based on trends. I cap a contest and then look at trends to decide if I do invest and how strong I invest.

Sorry for the confusion.

Good Luck

Old Post 04-03-13 12:47 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Bromoe

love the BYU play, we just about have the west game covered lol
GL

Old Post 04-03-13 12:56 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mcvick

I assumed that is the case based on your posts I have been reading for several weeks. You seem too thorough to be betting on trends-only (leave that to boneheads like me!)

Thanks for the info man, very appreciated.

Old Post 04-03-13 12:58 AM
mcvick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcvick Edit post   Report post
captainjoe388
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good luck.

" Live Long and Prosper"
Mr. Spock

Old Post 04-03-13 01:23 AM
captainjoe388 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for captainjoe388 Click here to Send captainjoe388 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

mcvick

Good observation, but it's not the case. I may note a trend with the pick, but I didn't invest in the team based on the trend alone.

If you won day in and day out wagering based on trends alone, well the statfox staff would all be millionaires.

Now with SYR this weekend the game fit well with my opinion and factors I use. The trends only pushed my wager higher. It didn't determine the wager it self.

With most sports I look at several factors...

Look at the line
Look at my Power Ratings
Public perception in setting line
Specific team stats
Watch real time live movement
Wager percentages @ Vegas books only
Betting trends

Only a small % of my bankroll is invested on team sports. I'm more of a horse player.

Old Post 04-03-13 01:24 AM
mcvick

Sorry Bromoe, I was intending to agree with you there.

Old Post 04-03-13 01:47 AM
mcvick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcvick Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: