StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Saturday CBB
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Saturday CBB

Syracuse vs, Marquette

On the surface Marquette looks like the play here. They beat the Orange during the regular season, they have nice balance while Syracuse wins with just defense, they just pushed Miami around and they also have a few "look good on the surface" ats trends backing them. In addition, they played well down the stretch while Syracuse struggled. Syracuse is off an "emotional" win. Blah, Blah, Blah

Here is how I see it:

End of February Marquette beat SYR by 3 at home as a bucket dog. The Orange started out well in the contest and were up at the half. As a matter of the fact the orangemen outplayed Marquette that night, but were a victim of circumstances. In other words they went to the free throw line just 7 times compared to 35 trips for the home team. A balanced whistle crew would have gave them an easy win IMO.

Marquette is coming off of a game where Miami struggled as opposed to being outplayed. Even though Marquette shot the lights out, Miami had a better possession percentage and only had 7 turnovers.

Some touts are claiming SYR will be flat after the emotional underdog win. BS, if you watched the game Boeheim had them ready and he simply out coached Indiana. He will have the upper hand in this contest as well.

Syracuse has some strong trends backing them in general and three revenge trends that total 27 - 5 ATS.

Folks can bank on the effort against Miami all they want, but Marquette starts slow. They were behind at the half in all of their tourney games and the Orangemen have a few first half trends that total 34 - 7 ats including:

Play ON SYRACUSE in the first half in All games when playing with one or less days rest The record is 9 Wins and 1 Losses this season.

That positive trend is a result of the coaching staff.

Thought I would have to wait on the line, but sharps bought it early then Syracuse started getting pounded.

Syracuse first half -1.5(-115)*****
Syracuse -3.5*****

Tourney To Date
ATS 20 - 18 +13
Totals 5 - 3 +4
Parlay 1 - 0 +6

Old Post 03-30-13 07:53 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Realchosenone

Good work

Agree 100% Syracuse D will cause them fits as well. Think this game could be low scoring as well

Old Post 03-30-13 07:57 AM
Realchosenone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Realchosenone Click here to Send Realchosenone a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good writeup my friend. Well thought out. convinced me as I am about to jump on it now. thanks for the nudge.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 03-30-13 02:25 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In at -4 1/2

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 03-30-13 02:48 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tots_McGee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Best of Luck today

http://mainememorial.org/

Old Post 03-30-13 06:07 PM
Tots_McGee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tots_McGee Click here to Send Tots_McGee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks

Old Post 03-30-13 08:53 PM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

hate going against you early, oh well let's have a good one
GL

Old Post 03-30-13 10:20 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

that's the way to kick my rear in the 1st
GL

Old Post 03-30-13 11:48 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Never in doubt, hope you cashed.

Old Post 03-31-13 03:35 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great call my friend. The extar push you gave me set up a big crunch to the book today.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 03-31-13 04:15 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: