StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > St Joe's vs Xavier
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

St Joe's vs Xavier

I'll put a few thoughts up here tonite. These teams finished with near identical records for the year. St Joe's won the first meeting in Philly 59-49. Ugly one. Xavier lacks the explosive offense from past years. The freshman, Christon, is carrying most of the load. He can create his own shot and is very good at the mid-range jumper. Not good at 3 distance. Doesn't even attempt many. If he can improve his range over the summer, he's gonna be a keeper. I don't see Galloway or Wilson being able to cover him. He'll get his....15-20. But he's gonna need help. Taylor for Xavier, has been getting a good amount of garbage points. Tonite he and Robinson will have to fight Aiken and Roberts inside. I don't see him helping much on the scoring end.

Neither team has much of a bench. Xavier does have the slight edge on this though. St Joe's only uses a 6 man rotation normally. To win this tourney without a first round bye, you have to win 4 games in 4 days. That is not going to happen with either of these 2.

I think the key to this one is Carl Jones. Xavier's point guards, Davis and Redford can not cover this guy if he comes out aggressive. That's a big "if". The guy seems to disappear quite often for a senior. A big talent, if his head's in it. St Joe's has to win the whole thing to make the Dance. I'm looking for a big game from him tonite.

I have St Joe's at a pick. Bought it last night. -1 should work. GL if you decide to play it. No sense in me mentioning the coaching matchup...Mack vs Martelli. If you've read any of my stuff this year, you know who the better coach is.

GW/UMass
I'm not playing this one, but I think UMass may/could/should provide a blowout here. GW beat them in their house earlier this year. I can't see it happening again.

GL Den

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 03-15-13 12:27 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

IM

love'em both, let's do it
GL

Old Post 03-15-13 12:31 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

With you all the way brother, sure am glad to see you on Joe's! Let's get that $$

Old Post 03-15-13 12:53 AM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

another wild end to an A 10 game WOW
GL

Old Post 03-15-13 02:40 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nailbiter for sure

Luckily I got it last nite at pick, but it shouldn't have been that close. Bad luck for those with 1' for sure. St Joe's missed a ton of open shots in the 1h. And Xavier usually is not that good at the free throw line. VCU will crush these guys tomorrow...especially in the 2h. ;)

I'm gonna go ahead and play UMass 1h -2 and -3 for the game. They'll go on long scoring droughts, but will also put up 12 in about 2 minutes. GW just doesn't have the scoring power to hang, even if UMass is having just an average shooting nite.

But nothing would surprise me after this season.

GL Den

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 03-15-13 02:52 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A little better than normal nite

St Joe pk ...win
UMass 1h -2...win
UMass -3...win

The early games today, .... I like Butler to beat LaSalle. LS beat Butler earlier in the season at home in an ugly one 54-53. This was immediately following Butler's upset of Gonzaga. I really like LS this year, but this will be a tough matchup for them. Should be another close one. I think there will be more scoring today. Small play for me. In the other one, .... StL may just toy with Charlotte. This team is on a mission though. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 20 pt spread here. Not toughing double digits. GLTA

Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 03-15-13 11:55 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: