StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A10 Sat 2/16
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A10 Sat 2/16

A couple early plays...
Xavier 1h +2
LaSalle 1h -2'

Noon....Dayton is on a bad roll right now. Big rivarly game with the Xmen should bring out their best at home though. Just playing the trends on the 1h play. I think Dayton wins this one.

1 pm....Another rivarly Big 5 game at the Palestra with St Joe/LaSalle. LS is the better team here, but they are coming off an OT win with the Bonnies on Wed and have Temple on deck. Joe's off a big comeback win over Richmond. This league is as fickle as they come. The records/numbers support a 1h play, so I'll just be playing the 1h on this one as well.

Like a few of the later games as well....
UMass 1h
Fordham
Richmond
URI
StL
GW
Trying to weed them out. Back later.

GL Den

A10 Conf
13-19 -6.80*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-7

CBB
7-5 +1.40*

Old Post 02-16-13 04:54 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Leaning St.Joes +5 Good Luck today Irish.

6 Rings

Old Post 02-16-13 05:02 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

let's get LaSalle & sure would like to go to a game at the Palestra one day, hope you're around today
GL

Old Post 02-16-13 05:08 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Irish, how does GW handle pressure? Do they have strong guards, and do they like to play fast and loose or slow and tight? Thinking their may be some value going against my Rams today with that huge comeback win against UMass and having StL on deck. Thanks for you insights bro

Old Post 02-16-13 05:39 PM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ballin

Honestly, I don't see any way GW can handle the pressure if VCU really brings it. Their style of play tends to vary immensely. They can play a game in the 50s and next game in the 70s. They lost to Mt St Mary's at home earlier in the year. Then played Kansas St a week later, and only lose by 3. They have been playing pretty well since conference play started. Lonergan will have them up in the top half of the league next year.

I watched them a little last Sat against Butler. They gave them all they wanted. Lost by 3. Put a spurt on at the end to close the gap. Armwood will give Reddic a ballgame down low tonite. He's very good, a senior, with a year of eligibility left. They start 4 freshmen though. This backcourt can not stand a whole game of 'havoc', .... IF they bring it. My opinion is that this one may go like the UMass game on Wed. I fell asleep and missed most of the 2h. But you could tell Williams was getting tired in the 1h with all the pressure. He handled it for a half by himself. The other point guard, Davis, a freshman, didn't even want to touch the ball. If I'm home tonite, I'm going to hammer VCU in the 2h, if GW keeps it close in the 1h.

VCU just has too many weapons for GW to close down. Very tough team to pick and choose who you want to guard. I think they could go pretty deep come March.

GL to you, if you play it. I think GW may be able to hang for a half. Looking for some 2h value though. ha

Old Post 02-16-13 07:24 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks for Lasalle

Old Post 02-16-13 08:21 PM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

OK...As MSU says, Hold your nose time!

Fordham is 6-19 on the year. Bad. But, 15-7 ATS. Butler is pretty good ATS as well, 14-8. So I looked at 1h play. At home Fordham is 4-1 ATS, 7-1 overall. I can't find any offensive or defensive stats that supports this. I just think Vegas and the public overreacts to their crappy record. Hence the big lines. I've watched them a couple times this year. Hard to do that, I know. Hard for me to put money on them too. But with Butler's big guy out and Gaston coming back for Fordham, I'm taking a shot this afternoon. Smith was cleared to practice and rumored to play, but I wouldn't know why they'd chance him today. Please don't follow this one. ha

Fordham 1h +6'

Xavier 1h +2 ..... loss
LaSalle 1h -2' ..... win

GL Den

A10 Conf
14-20 -6.90*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-7

CBB
7-5 +1.40*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-16-13 09:46 PM
msudogs

lol

i have already closed my eyes once today, i will on this one with another, together with my homer squad, something is up there
GL

Old Post 02-16-13 09:54 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I do have Temple on the dog list,but i cant pull the trigger,also i want UMASS to win gl.

6 Rings

Old Post 02-16-13 10:40 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

OK. Take the clothespins off.....

Rams tried to give it up, but hung on for the 1h cover.

Unless GW hangs with VCU to set up a VCU 2h play, this will be it.

URI +1'
UMass 1h -1'

Duq coming off one of their biggest wins in years, beating Temple in Philly on Wed nite. Danny Hurley has URI playing tough. They paid off Wed nite, with a win over Dayton. Taking the Rams again today.

Temple should get this one. But, they always seem to start slow. UMass starts fast....8-2 in 1h league play.

Was watching LS/St Joe game. The anouncers were saying how good a coach Martelli was. They were talking about the Richmond/St Joe game on Wed. They kept saying how the St Joe players wanted to press Richmond and Martelli finally let them try it. They then went on a 15-0 run in the 2h. Huh? Was laughing out loud. If he was such a good coach, HE would have thought of it. You can tell I'm a big Martelli supporter, huh?

Fordham 1h +6' ..... win
Xavier 1h +2 ..... loss
LaSalle 1h -2' ..... win

Leans
Richmond -6

GL Den

A10 Conf
15-20 -5.90*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-7

CBB
7-5 +1.40*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-16-13 11:24 PM
msudogs

well looks like Temple/UMass over 150 for me, need to close out these two stinkers
GL

Old Post 02-16-13 11:52 PM
shooms79
FoxDen Hall of Famer

damn

i have vcu pretty big. I was hoping GW would keep it close to double dip 2h. you know, i just may play it

Old Post 02-17-13 02:29 AM
shooms79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shooms79 Click here to Send shooms79 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update

URI +1' ..... win
UMass 1h -1' ..... win
Fordham 1h +6' ..... win
Xavier 1h +2 ..... loss
LaSalle 1h -2' ..... win

Leans
Richmond -6 .... loss

GL Shooms. I played VCU 2h small. Just because it fit an old 2h system play from a "sweet" old friend.

The zebras sure want to 'play' in this StL game. They've ruined it.

GL Den

A10 Conf
17-20 -3.90*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-8

CBB
7-5 +1.40*

Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-17-13 03:00 AM
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Add

Colorado 2h -5'

Will the altitude grab hold of the Sun Devils in the 2h? I think so.

Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-17-13 03:58 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: