Ravens or 49ers
This poll is closed.
Ravens plus points 33 45.83%
Ravens ML 11 15.28%
49ers minus points 17 23.61%
49ers ML 11 15.28%
Total: 72 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Ravens/49ers
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ravens/49ers

Initial lean here is Ravens plus the points. Have to do analyzing but what are the thoughts of the den at this moment in time?

Old Post 01-21-13 09:02 AM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jharmon64

Ravens +points

I'm not much of a moneyline player. I expect the Ravens to win a close game outright.

SF has an edge in O-line and D-line, but I like the Ravens experience with Boldin, Leach, Rice and Flacco on offense and the names you already know on defense.

I also consider Kapernick a "rookie" at QB. I don't see a rookie QB winning the Superbowl, no matter how good he is. (although anything is surely possible).

It will be a great game I suspect, but I'll probably be playing Balt plus the points and perhaps the under.

"It's not about what you're capable of, It's about what you're willing to do." - Mike Tomlin

Old Post 01-21-13 01:44 PM
jharmon64 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jharmon64 Click here to Send jharmon64 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Even if the Ravens are the play, you know am going to Homer it! Lol

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 01-21-13 03:09 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hate the Ravens but will have to cheer for them since I picked them to win the Super Bowl in my office pool. Yuk

Old Post 01-21-13 03:58 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

San Francisco wins easily.

Old Post 01-21-13 04:16 PM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I can only guarantee one thing. Coach Harbaugh will be hosting that Lombardi trophy.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-21-13 05:01 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

taking the Ravens at +3 or more, if the line goes down under that (I bet with my local so I can't get a line until game day) I'll have to think more about it.

Old Post 01-21-13 05:12 PM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tex=Nostradamus.....haha

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-21-13 05:31 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ravens are peaking at the right time. No comparison between their defense now and in the regular season. They made Brady look helpless. That's something.
The Niners D, by comparison, is suspect.

Kaepernick is great, but the Niners are not as tight, as a team, as the Ravens. They have egos that are learning to play within the team (Vernon Davis, Crabtree). You ask them a question and they say 'it's not about me; it's about the team'. As if they are just learning so basic a concept. Meanwhile, the Ravens have gathered around Lewis and are as tight a bunch as it gets.

This may come down to the genius of Kaepernick, who's been unstoppable and could be the best player I've ever seen, versus the team spirit of the Ravens.

The Niners want to run up the score, and have a suspect defense, so I may look at a couple of parlays: Niners x Over, and Ravens x Under.

Old Post 01-22-13 02:11 AM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Niners are not as tight as a team? Sorry, but unless you are a player there, you have no basis for that statement.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 01-22-13 04:47 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The way this poll and many others are favoring the doggie at 2/1 clip solidifies my fading of the Ravens.

Old Post 01-22-13 05:45 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
maurice

With Cubano and point.....49'ers Big

Old Post 01-22-13 11:32 PM
maurice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maurice Edit post   Report post
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

THANKS

I appreciate all the participation with the poll and will post an official play before the game. Going to have to look at this one a bit closer and hopefully find a angle or some intangible to exploit. Pretty evenly matched teams and I dont know for sure but I lean to neither brother wanting to run up the score on the other which kinda makes me like the under. Still checking as 411 used to say...

America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism,its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine those three areas America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin
....Just something to think about...

Old Post 01-24-13 06:54 AM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You may have a winner chizz. I never could stand success.. "Idiota Completea"

Old Post 01-24-13 06:55 PM
wildjayson

like the under alot thinking 4 team parlay
ravens ml and under first half then ravens uder 2nd half. bet first two then if close and win same play.

Old Post 01-31-13 07:59 AM
wildjayson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildjayson Click here to Send wildjayson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Niners & the under

Niners matchup numbers are all better than Ravens.

They know each other, so defense game, go under.

% bets on Ravens are going down consistantly throughout the week.

Old Post 02-03-13 10:36 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bigdadi

Thanks for the reply....personally like the %'s coming down on the Ravens

America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism,its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine those three areas America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin
....Just something to think about...

Old Post 02-03-13 11:13 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

The betting public is correct when moving the money line in BALTIMORE games 73% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (27-10)

Old Post 02-03-13 11:48 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
luckydog132
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Still think SF wins game...

Old Post 02-04-13 02:12 AM
luckydog132 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckydog132 Click here to Send luckydog132 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Congrats to the 61% winners in this poll.

Lucky Mudda Fuddas.

lol

Old Post 02-05-13 12:14 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: