StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Superbowl
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"In their losses they played top tier running backs. A. Peterson, M. Lynch, and S. Jackson recently. Even though they have a very good run D teams with premium running backs have been able to beat them."

Sounds like a "TREND" to me.

Definition of TREND

1 follow a general course

2 to show a tendency

3 a prevailing tendency

Everything in the world of life TRENDS

GLTA

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 01-22-13 10:28 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tots_McGee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"In their losses they played top tier running backs"

While in their losses they did play well known running backs, it was not necessarily the play of those backs that had as big effect on the outcome of the games as it would seem just looking up and down at their past results, rather it was how the San Fran offense failed to tally points against the defense of those teams, tallying just 10.5 PPG in those losses. Lets take a closer look than the name on the back of the jersey at those losses.

WEEK 3 loss @ Minnesota 25 attempts/86 yards, Minn RB's tallied a total of 113 yards on 34 carries (3.32 yds/rush), and the "top tier" back 86 yards on 25 carries.

WEEK 6 loss vs. NY Giants the story they allowed 151 rushing yards, but hard to blame the SF rush defense for Alex Smith throwing 3 picks and the OL allowing Smith to be sacked 6 times

WEEK 13 loss at St/ Louis : The Rams "top Tier" back lit up the San Fran defense for 48 yards on 21 carries. A safety and Defensive Touchdown were the story.

WEEK 16 loss @ Seattle: This game was a complete blowout in a predictable letdown spot after the niners had gone to New England and left with a big victory, Seattle did however run for 176 yards on 39 carries.

Old Post 01-23-13 12:07 AM
Tots_McGee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tots_McGee Click here to Send Tots_McGee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fulkgl
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I looked up the super bowl history and found a little odd nugget. Twice the line pushed and only once has the favorite won the game and not covered (1989). Either the dog wins outright or the favorite covers. How about a bet on both. For instance:
$80 BAL+160 ML
$108 SF-3.5-108
You risk $188 to win $20 either way.

Old Post 01-23-13 01:14 AM
fulkgl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fulkgl Click here to Send fulkgl a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

And if SF wins by 3 or less?

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 01-23-13 01:18 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Didn't NE win and not cover a couple of times?

Carolina
Eagles

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-23-13 01:25 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

yes....NE -7 beat Carolina 31-29 in SB 39

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 01-23-13 01:26 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

tdbabe

Do you have a link you can post to the ATS information?

I'm lazy!

Old Post 01-23-13 01:28 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

http://killersports.com/nfl.py/home?sid=guest

Go to NFL query matrix link at list on left side.

Old Post 01-23-13 01:30 AM
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks tdb. I'ts been a long time since I was on this website and had forgotten all about it.

http://killersports.com/nfl.py/query_matrix?&sid=guest

Old Post 01-23-13 01:33 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

You're welcome.

Old Post 01-23-13 01:33 AM
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Super Bowls

1. NE won but didn't cover against Carolina in 2004.
2. NE won but didn't cover vs Philly in 2005.
3. Pitt won but didn't cover against AZ in 2009.

Old Post 01-23-13 07:41 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks RD.
I didn't remember the Pitt game

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-23-13 12:01 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tots_McGee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I heard today that after 46 superbowls,

It is all tied up at 23 heads, 23 tails on the coin flip.

so much for tails never fails

http://mainememorial.org/

Old Post 01-23-13 06:00 PM
Tots_McGee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tots_McGee Click here to Send Tots_McGee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

This site posted a list of Super Bowl winners from the beginning with an odds report to the right showing favs/dogs that beat the spread. I haven't checked all for accuracy, so feel free if you desire to do so. Just putting this out there because it is a topic in this conversation.

Sorry, I forget how to make it link, so copy and paste to your browser window.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl-odds

Old Post 01-23-13 06:46 PM
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

http://www.predictem.com/nfl/previous.php

[.u.r.l.].link.[/u.r.l]

remove the dots tdbabe..

Old Post 01-23-13 08:43 PM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Ohhh, that's right....thanks point!

Old Post 01-23-13 10:24 PM
fulkgl
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I know I was drinking the other night... I must have been drinking a lot. My post is not very accurate. Fortunately I was smart enough to not gamble while drunk. Now where did I put that scotch?

Old Post 01-24-13 03:01 AM
fulkgl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fulkgl Click here to Send fulkgl a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tots

" Lets take a closer look than the name on the back of the jersey at those losses."

Good research.

I do wanna say that I was only mentioning that Baltimore has a shot in the game because they have Ray Rice and SF has lost games vs teams with big time RB's.

I do not think it is what the RB's do in the game, I think it is the threat of what they can do that changes the complexity of the game for the 49ers. That was what I was saying. ATL/NE/GB did not have a premium running game threat and it made it easy for the 9ers to deal with the aerial attacks.

Balt is a different kinda beast was my point. They are much more dangerous to SF than even GB/ATL/NE because they have the running threat. A real running threat in Rice, not an average back but a very talented dangerous runner who must be respected. It changes the dynamic of SF's defense and that gives Balt a shot.

Old Post 01-24-13 03:58 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tots

"WEEK 13 loss at St/ Louis : The Rams "top Tier" back lit up the San Fran defense for 48 yards on 21 carries. A safety and Defensive Touchdown were the story"

In the tie just a few weeks earlier, the same "top tier" back ran for 29-101 and a TD.

Still, it is not about what they did, it is about the threat.

Old Post 01-24-13 04:02 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

wake me up feb 3rd @ 6;30.

here's todays news:
manti teo
the flu
gun control
lance armstrong
ray lewis
the harbaughs

you're welcome.

Old Post 01-24-13 05:04 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: