StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > ray lewis
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ray lewis

enough already....did everyone forget he was involved with a double homicide and found guilty of obstruction of justice. of course, because he was a "celebrity" he was fined 250k and served no jail time. but he's a hall of famer and pete rose isn't?

Old Post 01-07-13 06:46 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

My thoughts exactly. Me and some friends were talking about that yesterday. I like the Pete Rose reference

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-07-13 06:50 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Rose needs to be in there. The last edition of espn mag had a really good feature on the hall of fame. If Bonds/McGwire/Clemens/etc get in (and I think they might eventually, at least Clemens will for sure) then they have to put Pete in. I agree with you also, Lewis In, Pete In, the only problem is they are in different sports and the baseball voters seem kinda tough.

Ronnie, You do not like Lewis or you just think the Pete Rose being out is stupid?

I am excited Biggio is on the ballot this year. I think he deserves to get in on his first try but I think he for sure gets in on number 2. Bagwell will get in but maybe another couple of years for him.

Old Post 01-07-13 07:12 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

no question he was a terrific player, but off the field was pretty much a bum that had that celebrity entitlement mindset. make heroes out of people that deserve it.

Old Post 01-07-13 09:17 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdaddy3213
FoxDen Hall of Famer

As a child growing up, I had the privilege of going to the ballpark to watch the Big Red Machine. Pete Rose was, is and will always be the best baseball player I ever got to watch. If he is not in the Hall of Fame then there is no Hall of Fame!!

Old Post 01-07-13 09:23 PM
bigdaddy3213 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdaddy3213 Click here to Send bigdaddy3213 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My thoughts exactly Ronnie..........

Old Post 01-07-13 10:19 PM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

100 Percent Ronnie!!

I Agree!!!!!

2008-2018
2691-2398
53%

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take.

Old Post 01-07-13 10:36 PM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nobody ran to first base every time like Pete Rose and George Brett. Nobody.

Oh yeah,
Detroit Tigers star Miguel Cabrera pleaded no contest Thursday in Florida to drunken driving.

Cabrera accepted a deal that spares him jail time. Charges of resisting an officer without violence and having an open container in a vehicle were dropped.

According to the Associated Press, Cabrera “took a swig from a bottle of scotch (James Buchanan) in front of a deputy” before saying, “Do you know who I am, you don’t know anything about my problems.”

Old Post 01-07-13 11:31 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: