StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Is it wrong to say fade
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Is it wrong to say fade

another poster here?

Even if they are ice cold and horrible? Even if everyone could make really good money betting against them?

I am trying to be cool but I see money for the people here and it is hard not to post the obvious.

I mean some fade touts, aka lang.

This one seems toutish.

Not sure what to do. This one is like 2-10 or worse on bowl games. Completely missing them badly. It may be even 10 losers in a row or close. I just see the losses over and over. I know the bowl games are tough but is it ok if it just gives an advantage or a reason to search the other team a little more?

CBB is pretty much the same for him.

It just bothers me because this one has been so wrong for so long and for one there is money to be made and for two I worry people may be following some of the info.

What do you guys think? Do I need exact numbers on losses? Maybe he starts winning?

I just want to know the BreakDown on these Plays To Win? I guess everyone can decide for themselves with a little research?

I do like Stanford -4 as a play to win.

Old Post 01-01-13 10:55 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I would just keep it to myself, unless you're wanting to stir the pot, now that sunday has passed

Old Post 01-01-13 11:04 PM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Primetime21

It depends if you're "playing to win". You're better than that Mike. Everyone has their runs both good and bad. Just leave it be and focus on yourself. That's all you can do. Best of luck this year and I hope things make a turn for the better for you and your fam.

Old Post 01-01-13 11:05 PM
Primetime21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Primetime21 Click here to Send Primetime21 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just looking for winners is all.

I guess it is best to be quiet? I do not want any trouble. Just want to post winners and I have no clue on CFB this year.

Old Post 01-01-13 11:06 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Primetime21

Then maybe you can wait for them to post, then make a post later saying "here's the play". Don't point em out even tho I know who you're talking about.

Old Post 01-01-13 11:09 PM
Primetime21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Primetime21 Click here to Send Primetime21 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

pm ME i AM CURIOUS

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-01-13 11:49 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

yeah, if stanford wins though i guess i need to start posting these? i am going to do a record check and see how long term this has been going on and what sports.

I do know most of us would have at least shut it down for a little bit after losing that many. Heck, at least say here I am not doing well at all in college sports and figure out what is up.

I mean no harm, just looking for edges. Seeing the majority of the board on NW and fade me on MISS state set off some flags. Then seeing Stanford as a play for a few excellent cappers and fade me on Wisconsin just got my attention so I looked back and not good.

Old Post 01-01-13 11:56 PM
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm trying my best........fade me if you want!

PM me too, I'm curious

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-02-13 12:11 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

play your plays mike!

here are the ats bowl results for this
wisc +4 Pending

miss state L
usc L
NC state L
Navy L
Cuse W
BG L
Duke L
w kentucky L

so ats bowls 1-7

maybe not enough evidence but got tired of looking, seems all the losers have been pretty one sided.

Point is, check what he has, look and see if swone, any mike, rdtrains, or anyone i missed has the opposite and maybe at least consider that factor in the rest of your bowl capping. They are hard this year, for me anyways, I have no clue on these bowls. Just saying maybe this will help a little. I would not fade anyone straight up without seeing trusted winners on the other side.

If i sound crazy, ignore me, I am bored and the wife has the tv.

Old Post 01-02-13 12:38 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

1-8

under fsu game so
over fsu game?

it is not ats so maybe give a pass here, i kinda like the under anyways.

to be continued.......

Old Post 01-02-13 02:26 AM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Posting fades on touts is fine.. But a fellow capper on a cold streak. Not cool. JMHO

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-02-13 02:29 AM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tex,

But is he a tout? Some say he is or something of the like.

Old Post 01-02-13 02:31 AM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

To follow up on that. i see a lot of cappers on a hot streak and I wanna post fade cuzz they are all comin back to close to 50 percent eventually, but I dont..

For instance BNB computer sims went on a 14-0 run... it was inevetiable that pace wouldnt continue

Old Post 01-02-13 02:31 AM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Oh. if he is a tout. lets fade his ass.

Old Post 01-02-13 02:32 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tex,

I agree with that. I am just talking short term here, specifically bowl games. Maybe he just has a knack for getting them wrong. His other plays seem fair enough. Just saying bowl games only.

Do you agree that if you were 1-8 on bowl games that you might quit posting plays on them or give others a clue that you could not hit them? I know I would and hope others here would as well. Heck, i said it, I have no clue on the bowls. I tried, I failed, a couple losses and I say no clue, this 1-8 and still at it without a warning?

Old Post 01-02-13 02:35 AM
johannesdemanes

he's not a tout and hes had a pretty good nfl season fyi. if you want some fade material im horrible in jan bowl games and i love all the big faves - fsu, fla, and alabama

Old Post 01-02-13 02:38 AM
johannesdemanes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johannesdemanes Click here to Send johannesdemanes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
scout1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If you want to make money

just fade my Basketball picks!

I would be a GREAT gambler if i could just not bet on sports that i suck at. LOL.

Old Post 01-02-13 02:53 AM
scout1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scout1 Click here to Send scout1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
douglas
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wait ,

You beg for money on the internet .....
And NOW your worried about what people think about what you post ?

Jeeze Mike ,
Man the hell up and take care of your family .

Old Post 01-02-13 06:47 PM
douglas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for douglas Click here to Send douglas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Douglas,

Happy New Year. Glad one of your resolutions was to be more positive this time around. This forum definitely needs more like you. Dont you belong at JD's

Old Post 01-02-13 09:16 PM
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Lol

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-02-13 09:35 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: