StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 12/13 NBA 1Q Chase (+162.71)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

12/13 NBA 1Q Chase (+162.71)

ATS: 124-8 +57.92 Units
ML: 100-14 +104.79 Units

Today: (ATS/ML)

vs Hawks (3/3)
vs Knicks (1/1)

Old Post 12-13-12 03:28 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Killshot

Thanks for the prompt reply on the previous thread. I'm still not getting it. Not trying to frustrate you but heres what I'm not getting... What do the numbers represent ie (1/2). Are you betting against said team once? Your ats pick is 1st quarter pick correct? Do you stop immediately following a winner? Sorry to be a pain.

Old Post 12-13-12 04:25 PM
Killshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Killshot Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If I remember..

Hawks 3/3
game 3 ML and game 3 ATS
3 game chase

Stop when you win.

Old Post 12-13-12 05:03 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Killshot, no problem. The numbers in the parentheses represent the game of the chase for that team. The first number is the ATS chase, the second number is the ML chase. So in the example you listed, it would be GM1 in the ATS chase, and GM2 of the ML chase. Both chases are just for the first quarter. The chase goes up to 3 games and then stops. However, I play against every home favorite, so you could have a situation where you win a chase against say the Heat, but then you'd play against them as a game 1 they're next game as a home favorite, so as soon as a chase ends, it starts back up the next game they are a home fav. Make more sense?

Old Post 12-13-12 05:18 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Killshot

Ok I apparently ate idiot pills today because I'm clearly not getting this. Let me do some research and see if I can't figure it out. Thanks for trying guys. Lol. Good luck and hopefully ill be tailing.

Old Post 12-13-12 05:27 PM
Killshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Killshot Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ok Killshot, let me know if I can help.

Old Post 12-13-12 05:29 PM
Killshot

Ok so I am prepared to spend my whole day at work trying to get this. Lol. Ok so let me see if I get this. You are playing on LA 1st quarter ats and ML. These are the first 2 plays of 2 different chases (ats chase and ML chase). Correct me if im wrong at anytime. Now here comes some q's... Since you are chasing, if you win both of these, do you stop? If you lose both, what would the 2nd ats and ML bet be and would it be double that of your first wager? Now if you make it to your 3rd bet it would be on Charlotte. Since you're chasing a winner I would assume this wager wouldn't be placed unless you lose the first 2.... But if that's the case do you just bet on the following quarter they will play? Again I really appreciate you guys taking time to try and explain this.

Old Post 12-13-12 06:03 PM
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

For tonight, yes, we are starting 2 chases against the Knicks. One 1Q ATS the other 1Q ML, so the play is on the Lakers for both. Yes, if the Lakers win the 1Q, we are done and we win 1 Unit for ATS, and 1.55 for ML.

If we lose both, we would pick up the chases as GM2 for both on Saturday when they will be a Home Fav. The play Saturday would be on the Cavs GM 2 for each chase. For your bets, you want to win your loss + 1 unit.

For example, if you bet to win $11 to win $10 on the ATS bet, you'd need to win $11 + $10, so you be betting to win $21. For ML bet, you can just double each time since your plus odds.

If you lose the GM2 bet on Saturday, you would play GM3 on Monday when they will be a Home Fav vs the Rockets.

If we win both tonight, we still would have a play on Saturday against the Knicks, but it would just be GM1 again for both chases. There isn't any down time between a win and starting again.

You mentioned the Charlotte GM3 bet. That has nothing to do with the Knicks play. For you, since you are just starting the plays today, the play against the Hawks would be GM1. Because I've been playing for the past month, I've lost GM1 and GM2 against the Hawks on 12/5 and 12/7, so tonight is the final chance for me to get a win in this chase against the Hawks.

You asked about playing the following quarter, this chase is only playing 1st Q, so if you lose tonight, you wait until the next game they are favored at home to continue your chase.

Hope this helps

Old Post 12-13-12 06:39 PM
Killshot

Yes that helps tremendously! Thank you very much. Totally get it now. Much appreciated. Good luck!

Old Post 12-13-12 06:51 PM
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great! Now let's just hope it keeps working!

Old Post 12-13-12 07:02 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: