StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > College Bowls- I need some thoughts?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

College Bowls- I need some thoughts?

So, every year the school my sister teaches at does a college bowl pool. She pays for 2 plays and I pick em and lose every year!

So, what I need is some thoughts from the sharps here.

It is all bowl games, win only.

Do you have any bowls you are very confident about the winner in?

Do you have any bowls you think the dog has a really good shot in?

Tell me what you think and I will use the suggestions. It usually pays a few hundred and we could sure use the money. I have until December 13th. The thoughts will also give the board and idea of what everyone is thinking. Thanks.

Old Post 12-07-12 05:25 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Primetime21

ATS or SU?

Old Post 12-07-12 05:44 PM
Primetime21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Primetime21 Click here to Send Primetime21 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just straight up.

Old Post 12-07-12 07:08 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dr.Dexter

I like
UCLA
Stanford
Ore St

Just think teams like them are fired up to be in a bowl game and the opponents are flat.

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”- Teddy Roosevelt

Old Post 12-07-12 07:13 PM
Dr.Dexter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Dexter Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks Dr Dexter. I will use those.

I am going to play twice so slam dunks I can put on both are nice then picks for the close games that I may spread on both are good also. I came close last year but I need to win this year.

Old Post 12-07-12 07:16 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Here is the deal.

As someone post a team I am locking them in. If I get competing teams I will split them on the two sheets.

Thanks.

Old Post 12-07-12 07:19 PM
Primetime21

fresno st. - Hawaii Bowl
cinci - Belk Bowl
OR St - Alamo
OK St - Heart of Dallas
Georgia - Cap One

Those are my best bets for SU wins.

Old Post 12-07-12 08:56 PM
Primetime21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Primetime21 Click here to Send Primetime21 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
oChRoNiCo
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I will be filling out the exact same sheet next week I will let you know what I have then, however I saw someone say they liked Stanford I would be careful with that the team captains for the Badgers all met with Barry Alveraz and asked him to coach them in the rose bowl instead of letting Bret Bilema coach and he said he would be honored to do so I. Bilema 0-2 in Rose Bowls while Barry Alveraz is 3-0 I promise you this Barry will not get out coached like Bilema seemed to in the big games regardless of the outcome I dont think this is a slam dunk either way it will be for less than 7 points on my sheet. Are you doing the confidence sheet as well or just picking everything SU? My contest you rank each selection 1-35 1 being least confident and 35 being most confident.

The evidence we have found has led us to the conclusion that the negative image of gamblers, of speculators and of gambling is due to prejudice, to the distorted image heavily promoted by some powerful groups who, however, have not had much evidence to support their views.
- Reuven and Gabrielle A Brenner

Old Post 12-07-12 10:42 PM
oChRoNiCo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oChRoNiCo Click here to Send oChRoNiCo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks primetime.

Chronic, it is just pick em vs a bunch of school teachers and there families. Most right wins the money.

Old Post 12-08-12 12:49 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

BUMP!

Trying to get some of you weekend cappers to take a peek and throw me a few winners.

If I do win, I will buy a subscription to some kind of college hoops information and share/use it on here.

Old Post 12-08-12 06:52 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Bump

Maybe someone has some insight.

Old Post 12-11-12 05:38 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: