StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Pac 10 scenario
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Pac 10 scenario

The way I understand it, UCLA is in the Conference Championship regardless of whether they win or lose to Stanford. So I'm wondering how motivated are they to win Saturday just to possibly host the CC the following week? I say possibly because there is 1 scenario where even if they win they have to travel to Oregon. On a side note, there is also a scenario where even if Oregon wins they may not play in the Conference Champ game. It's a little more simple for Stanford, win and you're in. But they could lose and STILL be in.

Bear in mind the outcome of the Civil War in Oregon should be known before the start of this game. The question then is how "hard" does either team play and risk injury to key players in a game where the benefit of winning just means you get to host the same team the following week?

1. Oregon win, Stanford win => Stanford hosts UCLA

2. Oregon win, UCLA win => Oregon hosts UCLA

3. Oregon St win, UCLA loss => Stanford hosts UCLA

4. Oregon St win, UCLA win => UCLA hosts Stanford

Old Post 11-24-12 11:10 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

i have been thinking of this alot as well, maybe a rest for UCLA, as i would think they would rather play Stanford again, instead of Oregon

Old Post 11-24-12 02:15 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: