StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Breeders Cup November 2nd Picks
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Breeders Cup November 2nd Picks

Hey friends, if you are looking for a decent wager, I have info on the Breeders Cup Race 9 - I am not betting but figured I would share a longshot that I think can pull off a big upset or add value. This is how I would bet the race.

Santa Anita Race 9 November 2nd
$2 win #7
$1 Exacta Box #6,7

You would have to choose the amount to wager yourselves. The 6 will probably win but at 15-1 I got an email from a good horse racing friend telling me that the #7 has a shot here.

Santa Anita Breeders Cup Day 1 Friday November 2

Race 6 Juvenile Filly Turf
#12 The Gold Cheongsam 20-1
Why? Shipper has the same sire as favorite #3. I always take euro horses when they have done one of two things, this one has done both. She has won carrying over 130 pounds, she won with 133 and only has to carry 122 tomorrow. Also, she beat a large field. She finished 1st in a 21 horse field. It takes a ton of luck but quite a bit of skill to do that. At 20-1 she is worthy of a win and place wager. Also, if you want to gambler more, an exacta box 12, 3, 5 is not a bad play but if I was betting I would bet to win and place.

Race 8 Fillies and Mares Turf
#8 Nahrain 6-1
Do not love this one but the odds are solid enough to recommend. I would play the race like this.
#8 win 2 units
#7 win 1 unit
Exacta Box #4,7,8 if you go for the big hit or Exacta 4 over 7,8 for backup to win wagers.
The 4 is the horse to beat but the 7 and 8 have done enough to merit respect here.

Read my story below and help an old friend in need if you can. Thanks. http://www.gofundme.com/x3jp4

Old Post 11-02-12 05:08 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Race 6 has 25 minutes to post. #12 The Gold Cheongsam is currently 30-1. Worth a shot.

Old Post 11-02-12 11:05 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
creed05

BB

I'll in!

Old Post 11-02-12 11:18 PM
creed05 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creed05 Click here to Send creed05 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Well, did not come in. That is just what happens with 30-1 shots but do not have to hit them often to do well.

I am not a huge fan but in the upcoming race the #1 Beholder is an overlay, WIN only. I watch the races on twinspires and they have her #1 in class, speed, pace and their top pick. 9/2 odds is a solid overlay but 2 year olds are tricky so do not lose your shirt.

Old Post 11-03-12 12:04 AM
creed05

Race 7

Good Call!! just got it in last minute..

Old Post 11-03-12 12:15 AM
creed05 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creed05 Click here to Send creed05 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bbaffert

I know you said that you don't gamble anymore, but that seems an impossible task if you are keeping up with the action and so forth. For instance, I'm a little fat, but hanging around a bakery will soon qualify me as a whale.

I'm not being funny or a jerk.

GL

Old Post 11-03-12 12:16 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

I am in about 6-7 free breeders cup contests, i just searched and got into as many as i could. I just cannot afford to gamble, i have 44 cents in my twinspires account and have to mail my rent monday. People have been kind, I would never gamble with money I have to use to survive and keep my kids fed.

I do get your point though. I love the ponies and my wishes are to hopefully give a few winners here to the people who have helped us out. Capping also helps keep my mind off all the problems we have. I have anxiety disorder so to keep myself from going crazy I have to always stay busy and keep myself occupied.

I hope I got that last one up in time to help a few.

Old Post 11-03-12 12:28 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Race 9, what a bummer. 1st and 3rd. Ran a good race but just could not get 2nd to complete the exacta.

One winner paid $9.80. Oh well, I think my capping is solid. I will come up with a couple thoughts for the big day tomorrow. There will be a lot of fan money out so there should be some good overlays.

Old Post 11-03-12 02:01 AM
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm glad you didn't take offense to my remarks. Those dogs and ponies kept me frustrated and broke in my twenties. This was way before the .10 cent superfecta, back when you would see payouts on "all" tickets if everyone missed the race. I would box two dogs to the board. Basically, if my two numbers finished in the top four positions (superfecta with eight entries) regardless of the order or what other dogs finished in the money you win. This $1 super bet costs $360.00 (360 combinations) 6- $60.00 tickets..

1/2 with 1/2 with all with all, 1/2 with all with 1/2 with all, 1/2 with all with all with 1/2, all with 1/2 with 1/2 with all, all with 1/2 with all with 1/2, all with all with 1/2 with 1/2.

So your boxing two numbers with the other six. Back in the day you could get lucky and scoop the whole pool.

Old Post 11-03-12 04:08 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Not all all, I understand where you are coming from. A few years back, I had to wager on everything. Sports never got me good but the ponies have beat me up. Luckily, that was a different time and I had money. I have stayed away from this board for a good time because I hit some really bad snags in life. I do miss the rush of wagering but I know eventually we will get our finances right and then I will be back to it as a hobby.

Old Post 11-03-12 05:03 AM
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm sure that you will be able to accomplish whatever you need to do. From what little I've interacted with you it's obvious your intelligent.

BOL

Old Post 11-03-12 05:22 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: