StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Old friend needs some help
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Old friend needs some help

Hey guys, it me bbaffert. Long time but I still read, just do not gamble besides fantasy sports when I can. If you remember me and I ever gave you a winner or made you day or even if you dont please take a look at this page and my situation and consider what you can do. My only hope now is to ask from friends and people I have helped. Everything is the truth and I can verify anything if you have questions. Basically, wife got pneumonia twice in the last month. We are flat broke with rent due and 3 daughters living with us including a 9 month old. If you can help in any way I will appreciate it.

My wife, Amber, has had pneumonia twice this month, lost her job in July, we have a 9 month old baby, things have been tough all over. She could use a cheer up. I have a BFM and she wears it whenever I am not. She is a great woman and really needs a pick me up. She came home from the hospital yesterday. She has no family besides mine, her mom left when she was 13 and dad was never there for her. I am disabled and she has been there for me for 20 years now. You can read more about us here, things have been this bad. http://www.gofundme.com/x3jp4

Old Post 10-24-12 09:58 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

sorry to hear this, will keep you in my prayers

Old Post 10-24-12 10:38 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sorry to hear,

I was in a rough spot once, after my car accident, and there were people there to help me out. I will visit the link.

Herbie

Old Post 10-25-12 12:09 AM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks, not sure what else to say. I am touched.

Old Post 10-25-12 01:41 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DRB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bbaffert.....

Just visited link...many people in the same situation...but none I know as part of statfox family. I donated...and challenge all HOFers to match my contribution in support. Good luck...we have all been there at one point or another!

Old Post 10-25-12 02:58 AM
DRB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRB Click here to Send DRB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i have read your plea for help and i find it to be genuine ..... i would urge the den to go to the site and judge for themselves.

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 10-25-12 04:16 AM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thank you guys for the donations. I showed some of the responses and the donations to my wife last night and she broke down in tears. Her own parents did not help her at all and she is amazed at the generosity. She wants to thank you all and say you have restored her faith in the goodness of people.

While she was in the hospital the second time, struggling to breathe a billing rep came in a treated her like **** because of her previous bill from 2 weeks prior. I know they want there money but who treats a very sick woman who can hardly breathe like that? Broke her heart. I am amazed that for 4 days of hospitalization the bill is $30,000 but they will take $16k. Needless to say, we will not be paying them. They tried to get her government help but somehow she does not qualify! A woman who has a husband with disability and has been able to work just 1 day in a month due to severe illness. We have brought in $700 in a month and have 3 kids living at home. When she was sick as hell she applied at just about every sports bar/topless bar within 15 miles. Finally got a job but her 1st night there she could not breathe and ended up in the hospital the next day. Thank god they are being patient and she has the job when she is ready.

Either way, I am moaning when I have so much to be thankful for especially they great people who have prayed and donated. Thanks, you really are making a huge difference in our lives.

Old Post 10-25-12 06:31 PM
wildboar

Read your story and was happy to help----best wishes--hope things get better.

Old Post 10-26-12 12:37 AM
wildboar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildboar Edit post   Report post
Fluid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sorry for your news bb. Hope my small part can help out.

Old Post 10-26-12 12:49 AM
Fluid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fluid Click here to Send Fluid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zac
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in. I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

Old Post 10-26-12 01:02 AM
Zac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zac Click here to Send Zac a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks so much for all the help from the statfox forum.

It is very telling of the kind of people that are here in that a majority of the help we have received has come from this board. We are just a bunch of, as others would say (and have said to me), "low life gamblers." I call bull**** on that.

My families life is in shambles and who comes to our rescue, friends from an online handicapping board! Not relatives, not friends I see year in and year out, not facebook friends, not high school pals but you great people who I am lucky to know. My fellow risk takers and play makers! (I actually have not wagered on sports in over a year, damn I miss it)

I asked for help on 3 message boards I frequent and on my facebook. 80% of the help has come from here. If Vegas made odds on that you guys would have been the underdog but like true champs you have shown up and are not just covering the spread but winning. I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for my family and myself. This money is going to get us thru this horrible time and I am pleased to be proud of where and who it came from. Thanks.

Old Post 10-26-12 01:53 AM
dwight007
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yo Baff

Any chance of a signature "Bet the Shed"' pick?
Sorry to hear your situation, will send you something as soon as I am able, which is next Wednesday, depend on it. Meantime keep your chin up, and my best to your lovely family.
Greetings from Spain,
dwight

Old Post 10-26-12 03:47 AM
dwight007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dwight007 Click here to Send dwight007 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
luckydog132
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I will pray...I got 60 cents left in my account. payday is nov 1st ...

Old Post 10-26-12 05:59 AM
luckydog132 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckydog132 Click here to Send luckydog132 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks guys, just want to say that I was able to get $300 money order with your donations and mailed it to our landlord today. The rest is going to November 1st rent. Thanks, I just wanted you guys to know where your help is going.

Old Post 10-26-12 04:11 PM
DRB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No explanation necessary...

.... but much appreciated!...I will be in for round two if necessary! Lets hope it all turns around. PS...Good looking family!

Old Post 10-26-12 05:47 PM
DRB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRB Click here to Send DRB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Washington Redskins +5

I have a wager on Washington +5 this weekend. It will be my largest wager of the weekend. If it hits, I will send you and those beautiful girls of yours, half of the winnings.

Good Luck to us!

Herbie

Old Post 10-26-12 05:51 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks DRB, we already have started to turn the corner by getting the rent caught up thanks to you guys.

Old Post 10-26-12 06:29 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

HGC,

GO SKINS!

Kinda cool, Texans are not playing so I can get a break from this big mess and root for the Skins.

Thanks so very much, besides the help you have already given, you also found a way to help my crazy mental state! I just gotta teach my lil one "RG3" by Sunday, she only says "Da Da" now so that might be tough but I will try!

Right now, during Texans games, I get her pumped up as I can. She just swings her arms around and makes crazy noises but I love it.

Old Post 10-26-12 06:38 PM
Slapaho

Thoughts and Prayers with You and Yours

Hi Bbaff - I'm not a real prominent member of the forum, but have been an almost daily visitor for a number of years now. I wanted to tell you that I feel for you and your family and pray that you guys will rebound and your wife will be healthy as a horse in no time. I'm a father of 2 young daughters (2yrs & 2 months) and I cannot imagine myself being in the spot you're in... Primarily because of my two daughters and how I never want them to feel an ounce of pain or sorrow or anguish, strife, anger, despair, anything but joy, happiness, and the love of their family and friends. When that boundary gets crossed it truly HURTS me... I guess it's just that switch that gets thrown when a Daddy has his girls. I wanted to let you know that I made a modest donation, and that I wish I had more to give.

Best wishes buddy.

Old Post 10-26-12 07:10 PM
Slapaho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slapaho Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thank you Slapho.

You say it well how I feel. I hate it that they do notice things are strained and tough right now. We keep the problems from them the best we can but I know they noticed mommy not working and for sure her being in the hospital has weighed on them.

The only positive is my wife and I have been together 20 years and our relationship is strong. I did mention to the older ones that some of my friends helped us out so they did not need to worry. We are just so lucky that some of you great people have helped us not have to give them horrible news. My girls are my everything and by helping us you all have touched me forever.

Old Post 10-26-12 08:40 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: