StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MLB Tuesday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB Tuesday

Things don't look good for the good guys today. Could be their last game of the year. Expect close, low run scoring game...Here is hoping.....

San Francisco +130
Under 8 (-130)

Climbed on the bandwagon a long time ago.

Swingin' A's -140
Over 7 (-115)

Good luck Den.

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 10-09-12 05:50 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Aw hell, here is a story...

...Way, way back in the 70's, the A's had a shortstop named Bert Campenaris. Campy Campenaris. Slick fielding small guy. He was also from Cuba. Not many Cubans around back then. Anyway, I think I was a Junior in High School, and because we won some district tournament, we were invited to go to an A's game, and meet the players prior to a game at the then Colosseum. Campy found out I was Cuban, one thing led to another, and before you knew it, the guy was driving down to Salinas, enjoying my Mom's cooking, and my Dad's conversation. My ears still burn when I remember them talking about Castro.
Great guy. Humble, thoughtful, friendly, and just a good guy.

Old Post 10-09-12 05:55 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

remember him well, the charlie finley A'S
reggie, catfish, joe rudi, bando, holtzman, vida blue....meanwhile i can't remember what i had for lunch yesterday. gl today.

Old Post 10-09-12 06:09 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice story Ralph,and i'm sure he had a great dinner.GL to us tonight buddy.

6 Rings

Old Post 10-09-12 06:19 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Franco-LasVegas

Great Story Sir.

What a wonderful memory to have and share, especially with your Children and Grand Children.

Following your picks like alway's. Thank you, for sharing them and unknowningly teaching me so much about baseball. Also, for the laughs... Look forward to your post every day.

Best of luck today and always !
Frank Jr.

Old Post 10-09-12 06:52 PM
Franco-LasVegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Franco-LasVegas Click here to Send Franco-LasVegas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Omen?

Just found out that Campy is throwing out the first pitch today.
Little more trivia....
This is the anniversary of a playoff game between the A's and the Tigers, where somebody plunked Campy, and he threw a perfect helicopter toss with his bat over the Detroit pitcher's head before a riot broke out. Think back deep guys, some of you will remember.
Lets all do the "Dougie"(?)

Old Post 10-09-12 07:58 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

He was always ready for a fight if I recall. ^..^

Nice story cubano. They probably smoked a couple of puros too.

Old Post 10-09-12 08:06 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Campy is one week younger than me.

On September 8, 1965 with Kansas City, as part of a special promotion featuring the popular young player, Campaneris became the first player to play every position in a major league game. This Day in Baseball - September 8 On the mound, he pitched ambidextrously, throwing lefty to left-handers, and switched against right-handers.

Old Post 10-09-12 09:00 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The Dougie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxYiIfr4WM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXbC...feature=related

Old Post 10-09-12 09:09 PM
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

cisco

Geez, quit giving our ages away.!!
No matter what today, have to admit, The A's and Giants gave us out here in the Bay Area our money's worth.
If they both lose and are gone, the season has been a success.

Old Post 10-09-12 11:40 PM
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great story as usualy Cubano !!

What a lucky little boy you were getting to break bread w a real MLB player !!

Hey least look at it this way. If the Giants bats keep being this quiet, you will def win your under bet !!

Old Post 10-10-12 01:19 AM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SF & Oak come through!!!!

Old Post 10-10-12 07:59 AM
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

3-1

Live to see another day. Boy, was that ugly!

Old Post 10-10-12 04:53 PM
Franco-LasVegas

Great job Cubano !
Thanks

Old Post 10-10-12 05:17 PM
Franco-LasVegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Franco-LasVegas Click here to Send Franco-LasVegas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: