StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > sports stock market
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

They got me all jonesed out. LOL

Old Post 10-23-08 09:35 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

I just requested some shares of Yao :)

Old Post 10-23-08 09:47 PM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

What time will Yao go on sell?

Live and let live

ANGELS 1 Ring '02
BULLS 6 Rings '91 '92 '93 '96 '97 '98
49ERS 5 Rings '81 '84 '88 '89 '94
UCLA
CBB '64 '65 '67 '68 '69 '70 '71 '72
'73 '75 '95

All-Time Posted Plays
NFL 33-24-3
CFB 83-70-2
CBB 273-268-14
NBA 172-130-2
NHL 52-65 mostly dogs
MLB 120-104-4 mostly dogs
Updated 2-15-10

Old Post 10-23-08 10:25 PM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sweet...

I signed up today and bought L.T at $11 per share, Cutler at $20 and Romo at $11. All went up and I made an easy $50 already.

Herbie

Old Post 10-24-08 02:47 AM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

Nicely done. I bought Lebron at 11.54 and hes up to 15.00 now. I bought L.T. late unfortunately, hopefully he'll go back up. Romo looks like a good purchase too.

Old Post 10-24-08 03:27 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Prophit

There doesn't seem to be a share that's losing. Is this rational? I think people better ride the bubble and try to guess when it will finally pop....

Old Post 10-24-08 03:39 AM
Prophit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prophit Click here to Send Prophit a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well, here's to a new addiction, uh, I mean hobby. The site works great for me via Internet Explorer. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, Azmat. Profit potential looks nice!

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 10-24-08 04:17 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dr.Fill

Just Signed UP

So I put $100 bucks in. Looks very interesting. Maybe I'm an idiot (most likely) but I can't seem to figure out what to do. I understand the buying and selling of stocks, but what is the price for players based upon? Stats? Whether they play well for the day? How does Romo's stock go up when he just got injured? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dr.

Handicapping...may cause uncontrolable rage, sweating, hot flashes and/or profuse language. Use as directed

Old Post 10-24-08 07:53 AM
Dr.Fill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Fill Click here to Send Dr.Fill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Similar to the stock market, I think the price is based largely on perceptions of the buyer and seller. For example, I bought Romo late Thursday night at around $18. I just think that price will rise whenever he makes his return. Of course, I could be wrong. Also, I bought LeBron and Kobe on the belief that their prices will rise once the NBA regular season gets started. Just a hunch.

I'm sure player stats will drive prices up and down as time goes on. For right now, the site is just getting started and people seem to be jumping in and out of positions pretty quickly. Hell, I'm no day trader, though. Maybe someone with a sharper understanding of markets can offer a better explanation. I do believe I can see some handsome profits being made along the way for those who are paying close attention.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 10-24-08 09:38 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dr.Fill

dld3151

Thanks, the info helps alot. Your reasoning seems to make sense. I guess we will live and learn. Just tryin to make a dolla outta fiteen cents!

Handicapping...may cause uncontrolable rage, sweating, hot flashes and/or profuse language. Use as directed

Old Post 10-24-08 09:47 AM
Dr.Fill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Fill Click here to Send Dr.Fill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Randizzle14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just joined

Hope it pans out well...Thanks for the heads up

Old Post 10-24-08 01:23 PM
Randizzle14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randizzle14 Click here to Send Randizzle14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azmat9
FoxDen Hall of Famer

one of the most important things to remember is that a stock price is not a true reflection of the player's value. when looking to buy players, take a look at their value. this is a better indicator of what they are worth vs other athletes. right now, darren mcfadden has the lowest value out of anybody and jay cutler is third worst -- even though brian westbrook has the lowest stock price at $10, his value is the 10th largest simply due to the higher number of times that his stock has split. i personally did great w/ brees and sold yesterday. bought jay cutler feeling his valuation is too low compared to a brett favre who is much higher

Old Post 10-24-08 01:43 PM
azmat9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azmat9 Click here to Send azmat9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
prof8t

Ok... So how long will it be before people figure out that there's nothing backing these sports stocks in the form of performance? I mean, when you buy into a company, you expect a return based upon their performance in the form of revenue. This doesn't exist here. People are not buying stocks based upon player performance, but rather whether or not they are hot movers and IPOs. Player performance has no bearing on the value of these stocks. So really Terell Owens is just as valued as Kurt Warner. Or Kobe is just as valued as Derek Fisher.

When the hype cools down, then what happens to this thing. What's in place to keep interest and market fluctuation?

Old Post 10-24-08 02:46 PM
prof8t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prof8t Click here to Send prof8t a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Prof8t, correct.

It is, well, bubble country...

A land of bubble gum dreams, wild speculation, super highs and super lows. I have travelled this road in the past...

Amazing if the SEC does not shut it down. lol!

It needs a song, one for the inevitable crash...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA1b6W_Pa_I

DOW about to crash for real today! So they say, the prophets of future markets.

How you play these games is simple. Ride the bubble!!!

Think of tulips, and act accordingly...

http://economics.about.com/od/finan...tulip_mania.htm

I have done well in the past in these games. Consider it like a poker game, last one in loses!

I played one game, where people were putting in $50 to 50K plus. If this is the early stages of such a creature, you people will be in for one wild ride!

Expect that eventually, you will meet a sore loser, suing the game, convinced the shares were real stocks. Then she shall be close to the crash...

PANIC IN THE WORLD!!!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-24-08 03:24 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azmat9
FoxDen Hall of Famer

important thing is not to put invest too much into this. the oneseason website limits investments to $2500. i personally only put in $90 and got $10 free to make it $100 even. i can afford to lose this if need be. its fun and i plan to ride it out as long as it lasts. and who knows, if money is made, i'll consider it a bonus. right now my account stands at $400

Old Post 10-24-08 03:33 PM
azmat9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azmat9 Click here to Send azmat9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My take

New customers will continue to drive the market. Shares auto-split if player closes over $20. The best time to buy would be 9am when the market opens. Players who split will open slightly above $10. Players are splitting on a daily basis. You will quickly accumulate 4,8 even 16 shares of a given player. Start small and make some quick cash.

With the $10 the gave me I bought Ovenchkin. He has split at least 5 times for me. I sold off some shares to buy LeBron, Wade and Garnett. Sighned up 7 days ago and as I type account is $288 and climbing.

I have nothing to do with above site but it is new and fun. They can grow exponentially for awhile. Look at outstanding shares of a given player to see if he has been over-diluted.

Old Post 10-24-08 07:31 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SugarHill
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just nabbed me some King this morning at 17.39

Old Post 10-24-08 07:36 PM
SugarHill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarHill Click here to Send SugarHill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

So you would say buying someone who is less than $13 would be a smart move correct? What about if their daily % is above 60? Does that mean that they are already at their peak for the day more than likely?

I bought Dwight Howard earlier at $21, and within a couple of hours hes now at $23.37. Also got Randy Moss this morning at $12.50 and he's up to $16.30 now.

I'm going to hold onto these, and wait for them to split, Howard should definitely split tonight, and people will be all over him tomorrow if all goes well.

Old Post 10-24-08 08:17 PM
azmat9
FoxDen Hall of Famer

at this time, u really cant go wrong picking any stock. too many new ppl are joining every hour. thus the dramatic increase in prices daily. the favorable coverage in the media, such as cnbc, wsj, etc is also helping. time magazine has an article on it also in the 11/3 issue

Old Post 10-24-08 08:45 PM
apk2k6

I need Garnett to stay above $20, and Moss to climb up another $1.50, then all 3 of my players will split tonight. That would lead to a great day tomorrow :)

Old Post 10-24-08 09:14 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: