StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > sports stock market
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BTW, the search engine at WSJ brings nothing up.

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 06:52 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

The article isn't out yet owl man

Edit: hard copy I mean't

Here you go bud:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122471163578159995.html

Old Post 10-30-08 06:57 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Question??

Would it possibly be a good idea for everyone at Statfox who is on Oneseason to buy up a certain player late in the evening? I would think if we all decided on a player to buy up within a 1 to 2 hour time frame, this might push the shares into a split overnight.
Any thoughts on this?

Herbie

Old Post 10-30-08 07:06 AM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

Ya it's possible, but I'm not going to try and force anything. The market will do what it needs to do, if it inflates too fast then it will come back down again.

I understand what you're saying though.

Old Post 10-30-08 07:08 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks Apk2k6!!!

Off to read it!

A rather robot sounding name you have, but conspiracy thoughts another day...

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 07:14 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"Michael Sroka"

Find him. Verify he is real. : )

The article is well, factious a bit. lol! You must ascertain he really ran a fund. Then you know!

Then the game is real!

And you people will have total fun! lol!!!

But do this first. Just trust me. : )

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 07:29 AM
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

HGC83

It's never a good thing to force splits. It only hurts the market in the long run.

Live and let live

ANGELS 1 Ring '02
BULLS 6 Rings '91 '92 '93 '96 '97 '98
49ERS 5 Rings '81 '84 '88 '89 '94
UCLA
CBB '64 '65 '67 '68 '69 '70 '71 '72
'73 '75 '95

All-Time Posted Plays
NFL 33-24-3
CFB 83-70-2
CBB 273-268-14
NBA 172-130-2
NHL 52-65 mostly dogs
MLB 120-104-4 mostly dogs
Updated 2-15-10

Old Post 10-30-08 07:48 AM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore, the following link will take you to a political campaign contributions list. Do a search on the list for Sroka, and you will find him listed. He indeed did live in Dallas and worked for Kalydus Asset Advisors.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/texas_dallas_75204.asp?cycle=08

You can also find references to him working there by doing a Google search for Sroka Kalydus. The most notable reference is in the following article:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27199491/#storyContinued

Search for Kalydus in this story, and you'll find that company also provided Sroka with $250,000 in start-up capital.

Probability seems quite high that Mr. Sroka exists.

Will Oneseason.com continue to exist this time next year? We will have to wait and see ...

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 10-30-08 09:22 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore,
Also, I could contact Mr. Sroka myself easily enough. I've been a sports journalist for 33 years, and I'll bet he would love for me to give his company a bit more pub. A 20-inch story could be whipped out in an hour. But, I won't do that. That would be work for me. And work sucks!!! LOL.

Hey ... no more of that disco crap. Please!!!

Seriously, I think the guy is legit. Very little chance the Wall Street Journal does a story on a company run by a non-existant person. WSJ reporters check facts, just as the ones where I work do. True, you have that 1-in-1,000 hack who makes things up. But, they don't stick around long. Easily 99 percent of all journalists employed by major news organizations would make damn sure they're talking to the real Michael Sroka.

Old Post 10-30-08 09:32 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

There's even an "Ask Mike" section on the forums so people can ask him questions.

Is he sitll fake Bytore?

Old Post 10-30-08 04:03 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks DLD! Mighty fine detective work!

Looks real APK!

They were incorporated in Delaware.

Delaware incorporates just about anything. Mail order companies are famous for incorporating there. It is also the cheapest place to start a corporation if I remember right.

I looked up this guy instead.

http://www.crunchbase.com/person/dj-burdick

Found this. Just scan the page for E-Global Sports Network, Inc.

Interesting too, that it is registered as securities.

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/info/reg.../securities.pdf

You could ask in a forum. But is it always better to research!

I will continue, however it does look real. Just awful hidden. lol!

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 04:36 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"But, I won't do that. That would be work for me. And work sucks!!! LOL."

I concur DLD!

That is why a man would play these games! lol!!!

And I'm on vacation!

A bit more research here...

Also registered in England. Want their credit history profile? lol!

Ok, with the right searching it looks very real.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliedegnan

I think it is run by legit people. The concept legit, not sure...

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 04:44 PM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Even more legit are all the red numbers today. They are real! Too much selling. All my players are in the $7 to $10 per share range now. Bytore, you should join and buy. Prices would skyrocket. LOL.

No, I agree a slow upswing would be best. I look at the site just once a day now.

Old Post 10-31-08 12:08 AM
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Exciting news traders. OneSeasonTrader Radio is launching it's very first internet radio show. The hosts will be yours truly (Knup) and JC. We don't claim to know everything and are rookie radio personalities - but we'll give this a shot. The show will run from 11 PM EST until midnight on Thursday, 10/30/2008. Basically for the final hour of trading. Tune in while you are trading for tips, stock updates, news and more. Now for the exciting news. OneSeason.com CEO Mike Sroka will be our live special guest during the show. Mike will field questions from our hosts and then take a few from you the listeners. The call in number is available once the show is live so get your questions ready. We will also be taking questions via the chat that is provided during the show.

Tune in here at 11 PM EST (10 PM CST) on Thursday night!!!

Old Post 10-31-08 12:39 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lemgreen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Riverfish,

please give us a little more on where to tune in.

Lem

Old Post 10-31-08 01:16 AM
lemgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lemgreen Click here to Send lemgreen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

http://oneseasontrader.com/

Old Post 10-31-08 01:32 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dld3151, I suppose the fun now begins! lol!

But I am a sports trader! I cannot get into these games again!

You people have fun with this!

The trick is truly to sell, when things go insanely high. Don't overestimate the spending population of planet earth! lol!

I thank you all for the fine research. It's much more fun to play games you feel are safe. Postings and threads are often about evolution, and here we have it once again.

I won't say I was wrong. Ok, a little bit wrong! Freakin' stubborn gamblers...

RUSH

Old Post 10-31-08 02:05 AM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Riverfish, thanks for that link. Very interesting stuff.

Bytore, no you're by no means wrong. You're just skeptical, and that's always good. Also, I will never put it past some self-serving politician (sorry for the redundancy) to challenge the legality of Mr. Sroka's operation. It'll be a Repub, a right-winger, a self-righteous sort trying to appeal to his fundamentalist Christian constituency.

Mr. Sroka seems confident, based on the opinions of his lawyers, that the site will survive because trading involves skill rather than luck. So, it's not gambling. But some argue that would not hold up in court. If Sroka is taken to court, I'd pull for him but I wouldn't give him better than a 50-percent chance of winning.

I'm not sure if the SEC has the power to shut down the site. Do they?? If so, then that won't surprise me. The more open Mr. Sroka is about his site, the more politicians and/or the government will take notice. The government must try to control every move the populace makes that involves money, even if it's only pocket change.

But for now, I hope the site is fun for those who participate. Buy low and sell high!

Old Post 10-31-08 03:14 AM
WarEagle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

All we're doing here is trading sports cards in real time.

Old Post 10-31-08 04:03 AM
WarEagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarEagle Click here to Send WarEagle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks DLD!

I am just truthfully using observations of the past.

I played many of these types of games. I did quite well at them.

The legal challenge will come. That is really the only bug I see now.

In the old forum, this dude named Snowdog used to harp on me for playing a pyramid style game! lol!

He was a good soul, and with every posting about how pyramids worked, I became a better player.

Of course, we had a running joke about "Bytor and the Snowdog".

It's not disco!LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t79P_UBKXRI

These games are a bit bit evil. Know this. : )

You have to estimate greed!

You can play them for months, if they survive. Just remember, not all people will play them. I have researched the E-Gold forums, for these are the masters of these games, and nothing yet.

If you like this style of gambling, yes, it can be profitable.

In a old forum from long ago, we discussed the mechanics of greed, pyramid games, and all things gambling to no end.

They told me I was crazy to bet on sports, as all sports gamblers lose! lol!

I tried to move a few people here, for what a wonderful lot of minds I found. No real luck. : )

I did finally, make money sports gambling! God it took a long time! lol!

Trading truthfully. I still build machines of course, but I believe that if you can conquer a game, keep doing that.

I have no idea what the future holds, and you kids are playing a fun game to be sure. Keep your heads, pyramid style games are tricky! You must grab greed, before it grabs you!!!

Do not I say, delude yourself into thinking it is anything but greed. It's totally beautiful greed! In it's finest hour!!! lol!!!

P.S. The time delay on payment concerns me. Maybe question that on the radio show...

RUSH

Old Post 10-31-08 04:36 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: