StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > sports stock market
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This guy has been with oneseason since day 3

Hope this helps guys.

THE BAD

Today, many of you experienced your first crash on OneSeason (no ****). Now, I've been with OneSeason since day 3. For those of you who don't know, this is OneSeason's second market crash. I remember just over two weeks ago, I literally said to myself, "**** it, I'm not going to touch this site for a week, let it rot". That crash is nickles and dimes compared to what we're seeing now. Anyone who goes to the trading page on OneSeason and opens up the market graph and displays 1 month, they'd see a small dip that occurred in the graph after the first few days. It may seem like that's so small, but back then there wasn't even 1 million dollars in the market. It was huge.

So, there are several varying opinions floating around. I've been around the past few days trolling these boards like it's the only thing I live for. First off I want to address fears people may have:

- The system is crashing, the market is failing
- This whole site is a scandal/pyramid scam! We are all being duped (I call this the Bubbapup syndrome)
- All the big guys are liquidating and going home big.
- Not enough people are joining.

I just want to say, these are all rational fears. Don't feel singled out, even people who are laughing about this, like myself, have doubts. However, I'm not writing this to tell you what you already know.
Let's go over some simple ideas and facts:

- For every up there is a down. If I remember correctly, there was a song related to this in the Disney movie, "The sword in the stone". The market is in a deep valley at the moment. To be honest, I expected this, not so soon, but I was waiting for it. Not to this extent, but I knew some sort of crash was due, over due.

- No market in existence can safely double every other day. I mean, on Friday we saw EVERY SOI double. Did no one understand the implications of that, or did we get to greedy?

- This market is solely driven on the people. WE control the market. Honestly, it would make no difference whether AIRJ or KOBE was Fairy Dust or Unicorns. They are "Synthetic Owner Interests". For every share you own, and don't get me wrong each share you own is YOUR property, all you really have is a handful of kilobytes on a server that needs a lot of upgrading. Don't let this be a discouraging, just understand it.

- This site is run and hosted to be as a "game". Not a gambling site, not a bank, not a money-making machine, a "game". Hence the $2500 limitations on that. Just keep that in mind.

- Remember when the servers sucked? Oh, wait. They still do...Keep reading, I'll tell you why.

These are simple numbers and facts I wanted to point out before I even begin to discuss OneSeason. I feel like with these thoughts in mind, much of what I say will make much more sense.

First things first, when we saw the 14 days of growth, it was VERY MUCH exponential. Every media company and their mothers put out an article on OneSeason. So within a week, the number of users on OneSeason doubled daily. I can tell you right now, Sroka was NOT prepared for this. The fact that this site is still running decent enough for the volume that occurred a few days ago still blows my mind. They probably had a tech-project plan, if you will, designed to increase server capacity based on projections. Well...clearly they learned they couldn't project the capacity of their own site worth a damn.

I wanted to immediately vent about the servers because that has been a reoccurring issue that needs to be handled. I don't think it's hurting the market as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Let's start with the concept of OneSeason. As stated previously, it is a game. A LOT of people forget that. Yeah, we were making large dollars off of it, but at the end of the day the $2500 deposit limit is there, and we're trading a bunch of virtual baseball cards around. This idea is still unsettling for many people. Combine this with rocky servers based on a poor tech-project plan and suddenly you have a lot of people who want to away winners. I honestly believe a lot of people cashed out a lot of their blue chips in the past couple days. Don't let this scare you.

People are panic-selling right now, which is very much obvious. Let them. Let them cash out, let them dump off their shares. Honestly, if the market is going to crash this badly, let's see it crash a little bit more, encourage me to deposit more money and buy 3 SOIs per $10 instead of 2.

The Good

If you've made it this far into the post, you obviously have a lot of faith in OneSeason, me, or just skimmed the top and wanted nothing to do with what's bad. As the saying goes, "What's Good?"

- Anyone who has free cash needs to spend it immediately. Anyone who can afford to deposit money should deposit money, take that free cash, and spend it. With prices so low, and red across the board I see nothing but opportunity. Call me delusional, sell your shares at $5/soi. As a matter of a fact, I'll buy them.

- A market crash helps no one, but the BUYERS. OneSeason makes 1% commission from the buyer and seller per trade. It is not beneficial for anyone but the buyer for shares to be traded low. I bet Sroka was loving having the market double daily. I projected on some days that OneSeason was making $10,000/day on SOIs alone, that doesn't include traded IPOs, or the interests from our deposited funds. There is NO reason why they'd want the market to crash, so get those thoughts out of your head.

- This crash will hit the floor Thursday morning latest, Wednesday evening at the earliest. We will see the prices gradually improve for what I assume will be a week. That is an estimate I'm using based on the last market crash, the period of time it took for the market to crash Tuesday (fast and furiously), and a mere guess based on how low people will let these SOIs go before people realize that selling this low is stupid. The only direction you can go once you're rock bottom is up.

- This is an opportunity to rid the morons off the market. Really, these are the same people who accidentally sell 20 shares at $5 than 5 shares at $20. Great for buyers, but in general, these people hurt the market in the long run.

- Markets need consistency to be efficient. To see weekly swings where the market is hitting polar opposites is just bad. I would much rather endure a month of +10-15% gains than go through 2 weeks of +60% gains and 1 week of major losses. I have a headache right now, and as it is we're all addicted to seeing our accounts go up by the hundreds every minute, now we're all suffering from losing hundreds by the minute. This kind of stress could turn the other half of us into alcoholics.

-Sroka estimated that there will be 3 million users on the site in 2-3 years. We have 20,000-30,000 years now. Can we say long term? If you're here for a quick buck you've invested your interests incorrectly.

- This market is completely controlled by the people. Remember that.

My Advice
Hold. Buy. Hold and Buy. Buy and Hold. Deposit and Buy. Bottom line, buy. And wait. I personally think anyone who sells ANYTHING right now is dumb. If possible, I'd like to see tomorrow go through without ANY OSN member making a sale. Buy all day, please. Just don't sell, for the love of god, allah, or marijuana.

I tried to cover as much as I could. I know things don't look good right now, but you have to have faith in the system. Everyone who was here for the first crash went through the first grind and went through the same skepticism most people are enduring now. It's easier said than done, especially when money is involved. If I didn't think it was in your best interests to stay with it I'd suggest cashing out. The Nation is here for you and we are all here together. Let's take command of the market we've vested in (That doesn't mean to manipulate the market). I'm simply implying we push ALL prices higher by creating more demand.

"It's never the end of the world. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
-Charles M. Schult

Old Post 10-29-08 06:15 AM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tmoneybags, is this written by the owners of the site?

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 06:21 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Gained back about $100 before the close, but am down 37.5 percent overall.

Bytore, how can we find out who they are? Could be aliens from another galaxy for all I know. LOL. Seriously, I Googled the founder's name and saw no more than his history as a hedge fund analyst. On the bright side, what I gave back in the market today was more than made up for by a 3-0 in pucks and hoops.

But, as of the moment, no more $$$ from me. I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 10-29-08 06:21 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tmoneybags

Thanks for the post. I'm reading. And thinking.

Old Post 10-29-08 06:23 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore

This is a post from a member on oneseason nation forums. Bytore I know you don't think this thing is real so why don't you sign up for the forum and read all the great info they have there. There will be an article coming out in the Wall Street Journal on Thursday. I've done my research and would not be telling people close to me to invest if I didn't think this thing had a chance to blow up.

Live and let live

ANGELS 1 Ring '02
BULLS 6 Rings '91 '92 '93 '96 '97 '98
49ERS 5 Rings '81 '84 '88 '89 '94
UCLA
CBB '64 '65 '67 '68 '69 '70 '71 '72
'73 '75 '95

All-Time Posted Plays
NFL 33-24-3
CFB 83-70-2
CBB 273-268-14
NBA 172-130-2
NHL 52-65 mostly dogs
MLB 120-104-4 mostly dogs
Updated 2-15-10

Old Post 10-29-08 06:33 AM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dld, you must look deeper!!!

I mean seriously, do they exist in the real world??? lol!

So check out the place they claim to live. You were close, and then they moved to California! lol!

In one night. I have been using the wrong moving service...

You must establish who they are. The trick of a pyramid scam is to keep fooling you! Fund manager??? The first gambit???

Now you people are smart enough to do this. Possibly lazy assed bastards like I am on the best of those days, but get off your lazy mule and find it!!!

I'll spam music if you do not!!!

Disco music. I will be merciless...

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 06:39 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tmoneybags, I know this writing style. : )

And, you must find them. You are betting they exist, when they may not exist at all...

Did the Wallstreet article idea bait people???

These people are good. lol!

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 06:43 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tmoneybags, I respect you and all of course, however you cannot claim the research is done, until you truly finish it.

The game I played, people flew down to Dominica to research the owners! Ruthless researchers. It ended up, the owners mostly drank booze on the beach and moved virtual stock prices.

But they were real! lol!!!

And the game real!!!

I was not so hot and bothered after that. Freakin' gamblers making a game drinking booze on a beach.

I was in serious now! lol!

Read your post again. Is it a poster out of the blue, or a gamemaker??? : )

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 06:50 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am a patient man, but I cannot wait any longer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRXqS7BBN1c

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 07:49 AM
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow....

my account has doubled in 12 hours from $100-$200. Incredible. So far so good!

Uga

Old Post 10-29-08 03:40 PM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WarEagle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You picked a good day to enter. Small crash yesterday and now everyone's buying back in.

I still think this is silly but I'll play for kicks!

Old Post 10-29-08 03:45 PM
WarEagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarEagle Click here to Send WarEagle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great News

The market looks like it's coming back around.

Live and let live

ANGELS 1 Ring '02
BULLS 6 Rings '91 '92 '93 '96 '97 '98
49ERS 5 Rings '81 '84 '88 '89 '94
UCLA
CBB '64 '65 '67 '68 '69 '70 '71 '72
'73 '75 '95

All-Time Posted Plays
NFL 33-24-3
CFB 83-70-2
CBB 273-268-14
NBA 172-130-2
NHL 52-65 mostly dogs
MLB 120-104-4 mostly dogs
Updated 2-15-10

Old Post 10-29-08 03:48 PM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm up 55 percent for the day in the first hour, bringing me all the way back to minus-3 percent overall. I'll take it, at least for the moment. If you bought yesterday, you're feeling great. I just held and feel much better. But, no more hopes of doubling every few days. If it happens, fine.

Bytore, I enjoyed the video. But now, I've got "Disco Inferno" playing in my head over and over. Thanks!

Old Post 10-29-08 04:24 PM
SugarHill
StatFox Hall of Famer

Held all mine and got me 4 new SOI's yesterday. Time will tell.

Old Post 10-29-08 04:44 PM
SugarHill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarHill Click here to Send SugarHill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sorry about that Dld...

I probably broke the thread with disco. And your heads. lol!

I will fix it man! BTW, watch the writings of threads by posters. These people are very good you know. I recognize the type from a past gambling life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 04:48 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"Every media company and their mothers put out an article on OneSeason."

It is the opposite. They did the press release!

You can know this, if you ever looked into Internet marketing.

They are good, very good! lol!

You can also know, when most of the media says the same thing.

That is a press release, and several engines on the market to let you do this with ease. The media sites just post it, they do not actually read it in most cases.

RUSH

Old Post 10-29-08 04:55 PM
apk2k6

Market went up this morning, then back down, and it's climbing slowly up now.

I would much rather it climb slowly back up to 11 or 12 million than to shoot up like that again.

Of course I'd like my money to grow exponentially, but I don't want the market to grow so fast that it crashes like that again.

Old Post 10-29-08 06:47 PM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Spo

wall street journal

hopefully this wall street journal article adds some more capital into the market....

Old Post 10-30-08 04:01 AM
Spo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spo Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

It should. I really liked the linear increase towards the end of the day, I'm hoping that carries on.

I've learned that once I get a little more profit, I'm always going to have cash reserves in case of a crash like that.

Old Post 10-30-08 06:23 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"wall street journal"

And what does it say Spo???

I'm lazy. Tell me. lol!

RUSH

Old Post 10-30-08 06:45 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: