StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bowl system
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bowl system

I forgot who posted for year's a good Bowl System. I believe it was strictly the team with the best defence. If anyone remembers what it was please post.

Thanks, Pete

Terpman

Old Post 12-16-21 01:10 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It was posted by ronnie111

I believe he simply used the stats from this site to find the plays.

If I remember correctly it was total yards allowed. Back the better defence. As simple as that!

Hope this helps!

Old Post 12-16-21 04:41 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

To find stats:

- Click on NCAA football on top of screen on this site.
- Click on Team Stats
- Click Defensive stats on the right side of screen
- Third row from right to left is Total yards allowed.

Cheers!

Old Post 12-16-21 04:45 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

It's been around a long long time. There might have been a stretch of time years ago where this was very productive. Some people like to use Massey D ratings. Recently, it's been an even money proposition. You need to tweek it. Maybe by also betting any dog ML's for a better $ return. Or adding another filter.....and make fewer plays. Or something else.

Tell/support a lie once, and all your truths become questionable.

aka IntenseOperator

Old Post 12-16-21 06:31 PM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the help with this.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 12-16-21 11:03 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tmc771
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Right on Pete

Ronnie’s system was $$$$

Old Post 12-18-21 01:11 AM
tmc771 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmc771 Click here to Send tmc771 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

back of the envelope figuring here using Massey...

I think the system is 2-7 to start

should even out

Old Post 12-19-21 01:46 PM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: