StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NRFI/YRFI 9/07
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

NRFI/YRFI 9/07

NRFI -132 (Play to -140)

Starting Pitchers: Clarke Schmidt vs. Javier Assad

I can't tell you the last time I took a Yankees NRFI, but my model likes it today.

Despite the Yankees offensive strength, this game has a low total of over/under 7, largely due to fairly extreme pitching weather.

The other reason my model likes this one is the extreme splits of both pitchers. Clarke Schmidt has a 1.44 first time through the order ERA, while Javer Assad is at 2.70.

All things considered, that makes for a decent projection edge even at the steep price.

Old Post 09-07-24 06:30 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

YRFI +105 (Play to -105)

Starting Pitchers: Bailey Ober vs. Alec Marsh

This game features an 8-run total, which is supported by Kauffman Stadium being a top-three scoring ballpark in baseball.

On top of that, Alec Marsh features an ERA with underlying numbers in the upper-fours, while Bailey Ober's ERA is a mediocre 3.95.

Neither pitcher is especially strong early in games either, which makes this one worth taking at a pick'em price even without powerhouse offenses on either side.

Old Post 09-07-24 06:30 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

NRFI -135 (Play to -145)

Starting Pitchers: Logan Webb vs. Dylan Cease

This is another game with a low 7-run total, and also features slightly worse offenses than Cubs-Yankees.

The NRFI is a similar price, but projecting even better. That's due to a combination of worse/less top-heavy lineups, and even better pitching.

Both Logan Webb and Dylan Cease have first time through the order xFIP marks in the mid-twos, plus strong numbers overall. This one is widely available at -135.

Old Post 09-07-24 06:38 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: