StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Today's Top Umpire Trend Alert
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tstoffo

Today's Top Umpire Trend Alert

Top Rated Umpire Trend for Wednesday, August 20th - San Francisco at Chicago - 14 of last 18 Toby Basner games have gone over the posted total.

Tony Stoffo Sports Keeping you in the Game - www.learnhowtoet.net

Old Post 08-20-14 03:36 PM
tstoffo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tstoffo Click here to Send tstoffo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I like the trend but may I ask a general question here. Do any of you guys think league looks at these and gives Umps directive to tighten strike zone maybe and consequently causing reversal?

Old Post 08-20-14 06:04 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

also

Peavy is pitching.

San fran is the play

Burytheb

Old Post 08-20-14 06:37 PM
burytheb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burytheb Click here to Send burytheb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tstoffo

League observation

I really don’t think the leagues look into these trends as we wouldn’t see these lopsided margins if they did.

Tony Stoffo Sports Keeping you in the Game - www.learnhowtoet.net

Old Post 08-20-14 08:27 PM
tstoffo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tstoffo Click here to Send tstoffo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well this is lopsided for sure, but with a small sampling. The league would have to be remiss if not negligent if an ump is showing a demonstrably lopsided tendency

Old Post 08-20-14 08:34 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

don't you think vegas knows those ump trends...
if you think they don't you shouldn't be gambling.

Old Post 08-21-14 01:01 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tstoffo

Public clueless

The sharps and the odds makers indeed follow this closely - yet the public rarely has a clue when following these strong trends.

Old Post 08-21-14 03:40 PM
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I disagree with you stoffo msu has posted umpire trends in the contest for years with more detail

Old Post 08-21-14 06:33 PM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I appreciate the posting.I just think trends have underlying reasons. With the O/U trends maybe the Ump is just getting assigned to games with high scoring teams If the underlying reason for a trend occuring is unknown, then I feel like it would be a factor that is largely random.In other words, trends are good if bettor knows cause before vegas does. Its interesting

Old Post 08-21-14 07:00 PM
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

let me know when the umps throw a pitch or swing a bat.

Old Post 08-22-14 12:42 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

Umpires have different strike zones & some pitchers and/or hitters may benefit from one umpire or another. Home plate Umps definitely can have an influence on the total of a game.

Old Post 08-22-14 12:47 AM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: