StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NRFI/YRFI 5/22
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

NRFI/YRFI 5/22

NRFI -114 (Play to -125)

Starting Pitchers: Brayan Bello vs. Ryan Pepiot

This is another bet where I'd only take the line offered at a single book (or, in this case, a family of books with the same odds provider). The -114 NRFI at BetRivers is 15 cents better than anywhere else.

Both offenses boast slightly below-average wRC+ scores against right-handed pitching, and both pitchers have first-time-through-the-order expected FIPs in the mid-threes.

Considering the 7.5-run total, that's enough to show value at -114, but I wouldn't take this anywhere else.

Be sure to keep an eye on the total throughout the day. If it moves up, we could see other books offer a playable price on the NRFI, though my projection would also get slightly worse.

Old Post 05-22-24 11:02 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Starting Pitchers: Max Fried vs. Justin Steele

We missed this one on Tuesday. Both teams waited until the second inning when they scored a combined four runs.

We're trying it again on Wednesday but at a much better price.

The weather isn't as good for offense as Wednesday, but we still show a solid boost for hitters.

We have two left-handed starters on the mound, and both teams hit lefties about 10% better than righties.

Max Fried has also struggled at the start of games this year. His overall ERA is an excellent 3.81, but that jumps to 5.40 his first time through the order. Justin Steele has solid first-time-through-the-order splits, but he has to face the dangerous Atlanta lineup.

msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

YRFI -115 (Play to -125)

Starting Pitchers: Ryne Nelson vs. Tyler Glasnow

The Dodgers are the best overall offense in baseball and are especially strong at the top, with two of the game's five best hitters, Shoehei Ohtani and Mookie Betts, leading off.

Arizona is the second-best offense against lefties and faces one in Tyler Glasnow on Wednesday.

Glasnow has been great this year with a 2.37 expected FIP that rises slightly his first time through the order, but he has an arduous task against the Snakes.

Of course, most of the value is on the Dodgers' side against Ryne Nelson and his 5.68 first-time-through-the-order ERA.

Books have priced up the Dodgers team-specific YRFI here, but if the game YRFI moves outside my threshold, I'd consider the Dodgers first-inning ML at +200 or better as an alternative.

Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: