StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Dog Series Chase (31-2 +27.49 units)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
mzaiman

Man, If only we could find someone that knew the system. I mean it would be great if someone could just post it up here.

I'm just playing with you austin. I was on San Fran tonight, but i also lost big since i thought Texas was still a chase, which of course they got swept, which hurt me pretty well for today. From what I have seen you are the one that knows this system the best. How about we all work together to find these plays so we can make some money instead of working against each other. Dark Horse was on the right track. If anyone needs help trying to get this together let me know. I put my vote in for austin to fill in for the time being. austin let me know if you need any help searching out these plays.

Old Post 05-18-07 06:37 AM
mzaiman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzaiman Click here to Send mzaiman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
PhilliePhan

Man, I bet you just gave him the biggest hard on.

Old Post 05-18-07 06:39 AM
PhilliePhan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PhilliePhan Click here to Send PhilliePhan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mzaiman

Well someone needs to do something. I am fed up with checking this thread and keep finding bickering back and forth about what is a play and what isn't. We should just work together and explain why we think its a play. I mean jkaul could figure this out. If one man can do it, i think 10 of us should be able to do it.

Old Post 05-18-07 06:44 AM
mzaiman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzaiman Click here to Send mzaiman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Don't worry. We'll figure it out. All good.

Later,

Old Post 05-18-07 06:52 AM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zincdog

Suggestion

I agree with mzaiman. Why not let austin take over until jkaul returns. Austin can post the plays based on the system best to his knowledge.
If someone disagrees with austin's plays, don't play it. Simple as that.
Then the rest of us can use what he's done, research it more and make our plays based on that. Going back and forth and telling someone that a play isn't a play after someone else says it is will only hurt the system. Let's not follow so blind, do our own work as well and not blame anyone else.

Jkaul's laid a solid foundation. Trust the numbers and the system that austin gives. Remember, this is a FREE forum. No one is paying for these plays. Just be smart.
My 2 cents.

Good luck

"How would you rate the thrill you got from gambling, on a scale of one to 100?"
"Um... hundred."
"And what about the biggest thrill you've ever had outside of gambling?"
"Twenty."

Old Post 05-18-07 07:10 AM
Zincdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zincdog Click here to Send Zincdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pinkpastrami
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Austin is a good choice

Austin has asked JKaul many questions and it really seems as if he knows and understands the system well. Austin, if you would please step up and track the record of the system as well as post plays it would really help everyone out. As was said in a previous post, if there are any disagreements about why something is or is not a play we can all discuss it, but we should at least have a place to start and it seems as if Austin is the best candidate for the job right now.

So what do you think Austin?

Old Post 05-18-07 07:52 AM
pinkpastrami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinkpastrami Click here to Send pinkpastrami a Private Message Edit post   Report post
austintx05

if anyone is willing to listen, I will do my best

Old Post 05-18-07 10:24 AM
austintx05 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for austintx05 Click here to Send austintx05 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
austintx05

and for the poster who had a remark about a hardon...my only objective is to make money. I set out oa goal of +20 units and am currently at +18.3. I just started looking at the series and I have one so far.

Chicago White Sox - they will be facing Lilly/Marquis/Z, therefor Cubs should be fav in every game. Z will be the fav, just double check to make sure Marquis is as well.

CWS is 4-9 (.444) L3 years in Wrigley and 9-9 (.500) L3 years vs Cubs.

Now it does look like Arizona could be a play, but my biggest question is will Randy be a dog vs Maholm? Randy hasn't been pitching too well, but has great nmbers vs Pitt. I am finding it difficult to see Randy as a dog...so use your best judgement.

I have stated hte rules as pointed out by jkaul for this..it is very easy guys...just don't get workd up over it. I have a rehearsal dinner for a wedding tommorrow and the wedding on saturday so I might not be the biggest help for this weekend...Sox look good though....

Old Post 05-18-07 10:42 AM
austintx05 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for austintx05 Click here to Send austintx05 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JZ in Florida
Banned User

Austin

I ran all fifteen series and came to the same conclusion - White Sox are the only play assuming RJ is the favorite in game 3 with Arizona. Makes me feel better to see you on them too!

Thanks.

Old Post 05-18-07 11:00 AM
JZ in Florida is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JZ in Florida Click here to Send JZ in Florida a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RayFreez

I agree with CWS

I think the Sox are a play.

Also let's work together to make money...Leave all the petty emotional bickering to women.

GL

Ray Freez

I Post my opinion - because I can.

Old Post 05-18-07 11:15 AM
RayFreez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RayFreez Click here to Send RayFreez a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Re Underdog Chase

Lets give Austin the vote of confidence. Start with the SOX tonight.

Lets make the money. Nothing like a 152 to 1 shot for a winning chase.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 05-18-07 02:26 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mzaiman

Finally

Looks like we are starting to work as a group, and we have decided a play on CWS. This is what this forum is about, working together to make money. If you don't like someones play don't play it, simple as that.

austin, thanks for taking the reigns on this one. Looks like everyone else agrees that it looks like you have a pretty good grasp on this system. Like I said before if you are busy and you need help searching for these plays, i think i speak for everyone, just let us know and we would be more than happy to help out.

Good Luck everyone.

Old Post 05-18-07 03:22 PM
beachbum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

to address some previous questions. for series that just ended i believe sf was an official chase while texas was prob not due to poor road record.

also, i do believe jkaul plays interleague series. obviously head2head is not as significant a factor anymore, but one can look at home and away records as well as previous team w/l records in interleague play.

as for this weekend. i agree with those who say white sox are a play. i think they will be dogs for all 3.
other thoughts:

-if wash is a dog for all 3 i think they could be a good play although they don't fit the criteria strictly....they are a sub .400 club but have a good home record...however, they may be favs in game 2.
- toronto could be considered but are likely disqualified due to pretty poor road record
- st louis qualifies i believe. though det was killer in interleague play last year though so perhaps that may scare you off.
- sf qualifies as well. i see them being dogs in all 3. reasonably good record v oakland over l3 seasons.

so in summary: i am not making any statement as to what is an official chase and what is not....everyone should exercise some judgement on his/her own.

but i am playing SF and White Sox. gl all.

Old Post 05-18-07 04:33 PM
beachbum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beachbum Click here to Send beachbum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
maineroad

I'm inclined to follow Beachbum. Beats playing nothing, and I fully expect both of those teams to get a win this weekend.

Old Post 05-18-07 05:29 PM
maineroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maineroad Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

if SF is a dog when Zito pitches they are definetely gonna be dogs in all three.

Old Post 05-18-07 06:46 PM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I like the CWS play from a money pitchers angle as well. Buehrle is +5.15 units for the season, and Lilly is -2.05 units.

Old Post 05-18-07 07:43 PM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zincdog

austintx05

Austin, since it looks like this is an official play and most agree that you are heading it up, can you start a new thread with updated records and plays?

Thanks.
Good luck

"How would you rate the thrill you got from gambling, on a scale of one to 100?"
"Um... hundred."
"Twenty."

Old Post 05-18-07 08:00 PM
Zincdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zincdog Click here to Send Zincdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zincdog

Nevermind

Jkaul is back. Thanks for the work austin

"Um... hundred."
"Twenty."

Old Post 05-18-07 08:01 PM
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks for the checklist, btothes

I slightly modified the one question about the road record. Let me know if I misinterpreted.

Just practicing for today's TOR @ PHI

Will Road Team Likely Be an Underdog In All Games? (If NO, PASS) Y

McGowan (0-0) Lieber (1-2)
Toronto pitchers for games 2 and 3 not clear, but won't be favored against
Moyer (4-2)
Eaton (3-3)

Is Team Playing AGAINST on 3+ Game Win Streak? (If YES, PASS) N
Is Team Playing ON on 3+ Game Lose Streak? (If YES, PASS) N
Is Team Playing ON At Least .400 Over Their Last 10 Games (If NO, PASS) Y 5-5
Is Team Playing ON At Least a .400 Road Team this season (If NO, PASS) N .352 <= NO PLAY
Is Team Playing AGAINST .600 or Worse Over Last 10 Games? (If NO, PASS) Y 6-4
Is Team Playing ON .400 or Better vs The Opponent Last 3 Years at the site of series? (If NO, PASS) Y 4-5
What Is Record on Road Against Opponent Over Past Years (Just something to Look at) 4-5 in L3

No Play.

Old Post 05-18-07 08:07 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: