StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Smart Plays
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
azdbacker

Thank you, TalkTheLine.

Current Foxden record:

1-1, +6 (.06 units)

See you tomorrow.

Old Post 05-25-05 07:00 AM
azdbacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azdbacker Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Let's go forward from here. I am interested to see you 3 guys as a group 'smart play' is better or the dog pound top-3 leaders are. It is a long and grinding road to October. Good luck.

Old Post 05-25-05 03:14 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azdbacker

Current Record: 1-1, +6 (.06 units)

Plays today:

Seattle Mariners +125, 1.5 units (risk 150 to win 187.50)
Detroit Tigers +156, 1.5 units (risk 150 to win 234)

Best of luck to you all!

Old Post 05-26-05 12:50 AM
azdbacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azdbacker Edit post   Report post
TalkTheLine
StatFox Hall of Famer

Good luck tonight AZ. Like your Diamondbacks in the late game.

Colin

Old Post 05-26-05 01:06 AM
TalkTheLine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TalkTheLine Edit post   Report post
azdbacker

So do I. Doesn't look like they'll be a play for us, but Halsey has been underrated all year long, and Arizona pretty much owns the Pads at home, last night notwithstanding.

Old Post 05-26-05 01:08 AM
SPORTS MOGUL

Listen, this is just the beginning with AZD! I warned all of you about him & here it is his first day posting and the games have already started (No pun intended) This is nothing compared to what everyone in in for next. I've got the script, I know what's next. Don't I Backer! Man oh man, couldn't even drop off a couple of games honestly. You never give up do you Backer? A couple more of these, and I'm going to lower the boom on your scam! You know I will too.

- TMR -

Old Post 05-26-05 03:50 AM
SPORTS MOGUL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPORTS MOGUL Edit post   Report post
azdbacker

Go away, SM. You have nothing on me cause there's nothing to be had.

Bad day today, obviously.

0-2 for -300 today.

Current record: 1-3, -294

Old Post 05-26-05 05:29 AM
TalkTheLine
StatFox Hall of Famer

Go clean your Ferrari Riggs.

Colin

Old Post 05-26-05 05:39 AM
TalkTheLine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TalkTheLine Edit post   Report post
Computer Guru

They could not win at Johnny Detroit's site, so now they're coming over here with losers. Here is the link to that message board: http://postyourplays.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

These are picks to be ingored!

Old Post 05-26-05 12:28 PM
Computer Guru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Computer Guru Click here to Send Computer Guru a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azdbacker

We've posted that link before, but agreed not to mention it anymore at this site. Since you mentioned it, I would point out that every play has been posted there since Feb 5th, and we are 11 units ahead as of now with all plays. In addition, the only service we currently carry, our high-roller service, is up 17 units since its inception on April 24.

But nice try.

Old Post 05-26-05 07:53 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

+11 units in 110 days ... avg 1 unit per 10 days ... not impressive but better than L though.

Old Post 05-26-05 08:18 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azdbacker

Right, I would call the record pretty weak actually.

But for a guy to say we couldn't win, and then link to the site that shows that statement to be ridiculous, this is just one of many things that continues to amaze me about being in this industry.

Old Post 05-26-05 08:24 PM
azdbacker

Today's play:

DBacks/Padres over 7.5, -126 1 unit (risk 126 to win 100)

Old Post 05-27-05 01:55 AM
TalkTheLine
StatFox Hall of Famer

AZ,

Good luck to you tonight. I was thinking of going the other way but had too many conflicted numbers. For whatever reason, Dbacks seem to give Peavy a hard time each time out.

Here's what I have on the total:

Brandon Webb has 2 overs, 10 unders, and 0 pushes as a dog at home.
Brandon Webb has 2 overs, 4 unders, and 0 pushes against total ≥ 7.5 and total ≤ 8 in the current park.
Jake Peavy has 4 overs, 2 unders, and 0 pushes against ARI on the road.
Larry Vanover has 4 overs, 9 unders, and 1 pushes umpiring against ARI.

Colin

Old Post 05-27-05 02:02 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

I also like SDG game goes under.

Old Post 05-27-05 02:13 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Arz got shut out, but the over hit as Arz b/pen amazingly gave 7 runs to SD in last 3 inns (3, 2, 2). They gave out everything you name it or they can think of to help out the 'over'.

Old Post 05-27-05 06:07 AM
TalkTheLine
StatFox Hall of Famer

Nice hit guys. Glad someone could cash.

Colin

Old Post 05-27-05 06:24 AM
azdbacker

One of the things I liked about this was that AZ and SD both had real taxed bullpens.

But we don't handicap to pick games, although we do use a simple handicapping tool to elimate some plays. This was a play for the simple reason that according to SI, 71% of the public was on the under, yet the line moved up from over a 1/2 run, to a run in some places. Such calls on overs are 6-1 this year if memory serves me.

I enjoy talking about the handicapping aspects of games, and do so for many of my own picks in private contests, but they bear no factor in what we call.

Old Post 05-27-05 06:26 AM
azdbacker

Today: 1-0, +100
Overall: 2-3, -196 (-1.96 units)

Old Post 05-27-05 06:27 AM
Smart Plays

don't BS them AZ, you know this game wasn't sharp at all and u just had a gut feeling sine they're your team

;)

Old Post 05-27-05 07:56 AM
Smart Plays is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smart Plays Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: