StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Cnotes MLB April's News-Notes-Trends & Best Bets !!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Astros (7-16) at Red Sox (16-7)

Game: 3
Venue: Fenway Park
Date: April 27, 2013 7:10 PM EDT

At 37 years old, David Ortiz isn't getting any younger. The eight-time All-Star, though, still has plenty left in the tank.

Ortiz looks to continue his recent surge as the Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros play the third of four meetings Saturday night at Fenway Park.

While an Achilles injury kept him sidelined for most of the second half of 2012 and the start of this year, it hasn't taken long for Ortiz to heat up. The slugging designated hitter has hit safely in each of his six games since returning from the disabled list last Saturday, collecting 12 hits in 24 at_bats.

Ortiz kept things going Friday with his second homer in as many nights, helping lead Boston to a 7-3 win.

"I've been working, just like to stay short and quick to the ball, not trying to do too much," said Ortiz, batting .460 during an 18-game hitting streak dating to July 2. "And I always tell you guys, I'm old enough to know what it takes for me to be what I want to be."

Besides Ortiz, backup catcher David Ross went deep twice and Will Middlebrooks added his sixth homer as Boston collected a season-high 17 hits.

"It seems like with this team, it's been somebody else every night," Ross said. "I'm excited to be part of this team."

Batting .355 during a three-game winning streak, Boston (16-7) - which has taken 11 of 14 - is two wins shy of tying the club record for April. The Red Sox, who are 12-0 when scoring first, posted 18 wins in April 1998 and 2003.

The Astros (7-16) went 0 for 12 with runners in scoring position Friday while suffering their seventh consecutive road loss. Houston, which has been outscored 45-20 during its skid, is a major league-worst 23-68 as the visiting team since the start of 2012.

"Never have I seen, and I don't think we will see, these guys fold at any point," manager Bo Porter said as Houston dropped to 0-5 all-time at Fenway. "They're resilient all the way to the end."

Looking to add to the Astros' woes is Felix Doubront (2-0, 4.32 ERA), who's on the verge of winning a career best-tying third consecutive start. After giving up two runs over five innings in a 7-2 victory at Cleveland on April 16, the left-hander yielded three in a season-high 6 2-3 innings during Monday's 9-6 win over Oakland.

While Doubront struck out 15 and allowed seven hits in those outings, he issued nine walks - including a career worst-tying five Monday.

"I feel good. I was throwing the ball real good. My arm feels a lot easier throwing the ball," Doubront, who won three consecutive starts May 7-17, told MLB's official website.

Doubront will be making his first appearance against the Astros, who counter with Brad Peacock (1-2, 7.50). The right-hander is coming off an outing to forget, surrendering career highs of seven runs, nine hits and three homers over 4 1-3 innings of Monday's 7-1 loss to Seattle.

"I didn't have it," he said. "I was getting behind in the count. I've got no excuses. I just have to keep working. I need to get ahead. I fell behind on almost everybody."

Boston outfielder Shane Victorino is expected to miss a third straight game due to lower back troubles.

Believe in the 3 G's
GIRLS, GOLF,GAMBLING not in any particular order.

Old Post 04-27-13 04:28 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Rays (10-13) at White Sox (10-12)

Venue: U.S. Cellular Field

The Tampa Bay Rays have the reigning AL Cy Young award winner on their staff, but young left-hander Matt Moore has been their most effective starter to open the season.

Looking to become the franchise's first pitcher to win five April games, Moore tries to help the Rays avoid a fourth straight road defeat and prevent the Chicago White Sox from a fourth consecutive victory Saturday night.

While Tampa Bay (10-13) Cy Young winner David Price is winless in five starts, Moore (4-0, 1.04 ERA) has a chance to join Boston's Clay Buchholz as the majors' only five-game winners.

Moore, who went 11-11 with a 3.81 in 31 starts during his first full season in 2012, has allowed three runs, 10 hits and struck out 29 in 26 innings. He gave up a homer and one other hit while fanning nine in eight innings of a 5-1 win over the New York Yankees on Monday.

Moore made it a point to be better out of the gate after going 1-1 with a 4.20 ERA in his first five starts last year.

"Probably because we've talked about it so much; we made such a big issue about it, he wanted to prove us wrong," manager Joe Maddon told the Rays' official website. "Which, you know, most of your children always want to do."

Moore went 1-1 with a 1.46 ERA against the White Sox last season. In his final start of 2012, he allowed a hit in 5 1-3 scoreless innings of a 10-4 win at U.S. Cellular Field.

He'll try to help the Rays somehow improve on their AL-worst 2-9 road mark. Matt Joyce and Evan Longoria each homered and James Loney had three hits, but Tampa Bay blew a 3-0 lead in Friday's 5-4 loss at Chicago (10-12).

"The bigger issue is that we have to figure out how to win on the road,' Joyce said. "For us, that's more at the forefront of our minds.'

Loney has been a recent bright spot, going 10 for 13 with four RBIs in the last four road games after he went 1 for 13 in the first seven away from home.

Half of Longoria's 12 hits in his last 47 at_bats overall have been home runs.

He's batting .360 with three homers and 10 RBIs in his past 12 games against the White Sox. His only two hits in 13 at_bats versus scheduled starter Gavin Floyd (0-3, 4.98) have left the park.

Floyd has allowed three earned runs and struck out 21 in 19 innings while winning three straight starts against the Rays.

The right-hander gave up nine runs in 9 2-3 innings of his previous two starts before he yielded a run and three hits while not factoring in the decision of a 5-3 loss to Minnesota on Sunday.

Backup infielder Tyler Greene and catcher Hector Gimenez each hit their first homers and two of the three Friday for Chicago, which has won three straight after losing three in a row.

"We're not like a Detroit who's going to line up and here we go man-for-man," winning pitcher Jake Peavy said. "We've got to have contributions from everybody and we understand that.'

Of Chicago's 76 runs, 43 have come off 27 homers.

Slugger Adam Dunn did not homer, but had two hits and is 3 for 8 in the series after going 1 for 37 in his previous 11 contests.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:29 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Indians (8-11) at Royals (11-8)

Game: 2
Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium

Kansas City Royals newcomer Ervin Santana has overcome slow starts in each of his last three outings.

Santana's former teammate, Scott Kazmir, hopes he'll be able to bounce back from a rough season-opening performance for the Cleveland Indians.

He'll get that chance Saturday night against the AL Central-leading Royals, who open a season high-tying 10-game homestand with this four-game series after Friday night's matchup was postponed by rain.

Since surrendering four runs in his Royals debut - a 5-2 road loss to the Chicago White Sox on April 3 - Santana (2-1, 2.48 ERA) has given up four runs in 23 innings. All of those were plated in the first inning of his three starts.

"Once he gets settled in, he gets on a nice roll," manager Ned Yost said after Santana threw seven innings of two-run ball in Sunday's 4-2 win at Boston.

The former Los Angeles Angel has walked five while striking out 26.

"When I don't give any walks, it gives me more opportunity to attack the zone and work more comfortably," Santana told the Royals' official website.

Kazmir (0-0, 16.20) admitted he was "a little jittery" in a 19-6 win at Houston last Saturday when he gave up six runs and eight hits over 3 1-3 innings. It was his first appearance since April 3, 2011, at Kansas City, where he gave up five runs in 1 2-3 innings of a 12-9, 13-inning defeat. The Angels put the left-hander on the disabled list less than a week after that outing - his only one of 2011 - then released him two months later.

Kazmir spent last season pitching in the Atlantic League, and his 2013 season debut was pushed back due to an oblique injury.

"Overall, stuff I can take out of this start and bring into my next start is what not to do, I guess," he said.

Indians first baseman Mark Reynolds needs to maintain his approach at the plate. He's hitting .375 (6 for 16) with two homers and a team-best six RBIs in the last five games.

"Typically, Mark, when he's started out well, those have been his bigger years," manager Terry Francona told MLB's official website of Reynolds, who leads the club with seven homers and 19 RBIs.

Left fielder Alex Gordon could be on his way to one with the Royals (11-8). His batting average has been well above .300 since the first week of the season, and now he's starting to deliver some power, hitting both of his home runs during the last three games.

Gordon's first career grand slam was the big blow in the 10th inning as Kansas City capped a 4-3 trip with an 8-3 win over Detroit on Thursday.

Gordon hit .333 with three homers - tied with Billy Butler and Eric Hosmer for the team lead - and 11 RBIs against the Indians last season. Kansas City won 10 of 18 in this divisional matchup.

Cleveland (8-11) ended a five-game skid at Kansas City and seven-game slide in the series with a 15-4 victory in its last game visiting the Royals on Sept. 23.

Santana dropped two of his three starts against the Indians last year to fall to 2-8 with a 4.71 ERA in 14 matchups. However, one of those victories was a no-hitter July 27, 2011, at Cleveland.

Friday's game will be made up Sunday as part of a day-night doubleheader.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:31 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Cubs (8-14) at Marlins (5-18)

Venue: Marlins Park

The Chicago Cubs' Travis Wood has pitched well so far this season but hasn't been given much support.

The left-hander hasn't helped himself in his two career starts against the Miami Marlins and will try to end those woes while helping the Cubs extend their first win streak of the season Saturday night.

Wood (1-1, 2.08 ERA) has given up three runs or fewer and pitched at least six innings in each of his four starts this season, but has been given only a combined four runs of support. He got two runs in Cincinnati on Monday but exited a tied game in the seventh inning of a 5-4 loss.

This time, he'll get to face the team with the worst record in the majors but Wood is 0-2 with a 16.88 ERA in his two starts against the Marlins (5-18), easily his worst against any opponent. Neither of those starts were in Miami, including a 9-5 loss for the Cubs on July 17.

Wood was charged with eight runs and eight hits in 4 2-3 innings in that game but will take on a club that's batted .189 while going 2-9 at home. That's played a significant part in the Marlins matching their worst start in franchise history.

Miami is also the only remaining team in the majors that hasn't recorded back-to-back wins.

"We just have to keep talking to them," manager Mike Redmond said. "If they see me starting to panic, then that puts more pressure on everybody else. I'm not that way."

After scoring 15 runs in the first six of 10 consecutive road games, the Cubs (8-14) have produced a combined eight in their first two in Miami. Florida native Anthony Rizzo hit a pair of home runs in Friday's 4-2 victory and recent addition Kevin Gregg converted his second straight save opportunity.

"You can say it as many times as you want, but winning is so much more fun than losing," pitcher Scott Feldman said. "Hopefully this is a start to a little hot streak here and we can keep playing well."

Rizzo's eight home runs in April are a franchise record for a left-handed hitter. He also has team-best 18 RBIs despite hitting just .200.

"It's all about production and that's what I'm supposed to do. After yesterday, it means a lot," said Rizzo, who went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts in the series opener and was 1 for 20 before Friday's win.

While seeking to provide a more consistent effort, Alex Sanabia (2-2, 5.09) will try to help the Marlins avoid a season high-tying fourth straight home loss and their third in a row overall. The right-hander gave up five runs over six-plus innings in a 10-6 defeat in Cincinnati on Sunday.

He allowed three of those during an eight-run seventh, which he was forced to pitch because of a tired bullpen.

"He did everything he could; I could not ask anything more from him," Redmond told the team's website.

Sanabia was on the wrong end of a 2-0 result in his only start against the Cubs on Sept. 17, 2010. He gave up two runs and four hits over 5 2-3 innings in that game.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:33 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Rockies (15-8) at Diamondbacks (13-10)

Venue: Chase Field
Date: April 27, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

Troy Tulowitzki tends to thrive against the Arizona Diamondbacks, and he hopes facing left-handers for the rest of this series will keep it that way.

The shortstop looks to continue providing a spark at the plate as the Colorado Rockies go for a seventh win in 10 games against Arizona on Saturday night.

Tulowitzki is hitting .383 with five homers, 17 RBIs and a .455 on-base percentage over his last 13 meetings with Arizona. He's plated 10 of those runs while going 8 for 20 with three homers in the past six matchups.

Tulowitzki came up big again Friday, connecting for a three-run double in the fifth inning to put the Rockies up for good in a 6-3 win. He also had an RBI double in Thursday's 3-2 loss to open this four-game set.

Colorado (15-8) has won six of the last nine meetings, but it may be in for stiff tests in the final two games of this series with Arizona (13-10) scheduled to start southpaws Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin, who have combined to go 4-0 with a 2.24 ERA.

In fact, each of the next four pitchers the Rockies face will be lefties.

"It's definitely better than having them separate, having lefty-righty, lefty-righty," Tulowitzki told the team's official website. "We know we're up against a few of them. I actually feel good up there against lefties."

Tulowitzki, though, has a .159 average against left-handers since the start of 2012 - 2 for 17 this season - after hitting .346 over the previous two years. He's also 0 for 6 versus Miley, Saturday's starter.

The Rockies are fourth in the NL with a .271 average off lefties, with Michael Cuddyer going 5 for 14.

Miley (2-0, 2.77 ERA) is 4-0 with a 3.11 ERA in six games - five starts - against Colorado, going 2-0 with a 2.49 ERA in three home outings.

He hasn't won since his only start at Chase Field, yielding two runs in 6 2-3 innings of a 10-2 victory over Pittsburgh on April 10.

Miley doesn't have a decision in two starts since, but left with the lead during Monday's 5-4 loss at San Francisco. He allowed two runs in the first inning but settled down to toss 5 2-3 scoreless, only to have the bullpen surrender three runs in the last two frames.

He gave himself the lead with his first career homer - a solo shot - in the fifth.

The Rockies will send Jeff Francis (1-2, 8.44) to the mound on three days' rest due to Tuesday's doubleheader.

They were swept in that twinbill with Atlanta, and Francis was charged with a 4-3 defeat in the opener. He allowed four runs - all on three homers - in four innings.

The veteran lefty is 3-2 with a 4.99 ERA in eight career starts on three days' rest, all coming last year when Colorado experimented with a four-man rotation.

Francis has won his last two start at Arizona, compiling a 2.45 ERA.

It's unclear if the Diamondbacks will have Didi Gregorius back after he suffered a contusion to the right temple after being hit near the top of the helmet with a pitch from reliever Josh Outman on Friday.

The rookie shortstop, who is 11 for 27 with two homers, is expected to undergo further tests.

Miguel Montero is 3 for 26 over his last seven games, but he's 5 for 11 with a homer off Francis.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:34 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Giants (13-10) at Padres (7-15)

Venue: PETCO Park
Date: April 27, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

Barry Zito's first road start of the season was one to forget but he rebounded nicely last weekend against the San Diego Padres.

Zito will seek to duplicate that effort when he faces the Padres again Saturday night and try to earn his first win at Petco Park in nearly five years while helping the Giants avoid their longest road losing streak since 2010.

Zito (3-1, 3.42 ERA) had his nine-game win streak dating back to last season snapped April 16 when he was tagged for nine runs in 2 2-3 innings in a 10-8 defeat in Milwaukee. In his following start Sunday, he scattered five singles over seven innings in a 5-0 win over San Diego.

"If you let outings bleed into the next one, that's when things kind of go bad, so you just have to stick with your approach," Zito said after earning only his second win in his last 13 starts against the Padres.

The left-hander was 1-7 with a 6.24 ERA in his 12 previous outings against San Diego (7-15) and is 0-3 with a 7.28 ERA in his last six at Petco Park. He hasn't earned a win there since Aug. 2, 2008.

Zito hasn't made it through the fifth inning in four of his last six starts in San Diego and gave up four runs over four frames in his most recent game there, an 8-7 win for the Giants (13-10) on Aug. 18.

Just as he did this past Sunday, Zito will once again pitch opposite Eric Stults (2-2, 4.70), who gave up a season-high five runs over seven innings against San Francisco last weekend.

"(Stults) just got a couple pitches up and out over the plate that they took advantage of," manager Bud Black said. "They bunched some hits together."

The left-hander, however, is 3-0 with a 3.46 ERA in his last four home starts against the Giants, including two last season.

In this outing, he'll face a team that's dropped three straight since a season high-tying four-game win streak that began with a sweep of the Padres. San Francisco fell 2-1 in Friday's series opener after Carlos Quentin and Yonder Alonso singled in runs in the third inning.

The Giants had runners on the corners with two outs in the ninth, but Huston Street got Brandon Crawford to ground into a fielder's choice to end the game.

The win gave San Diego its first home streak of 2013 and put it on the verge of matching its season-high three consecutive victories April 15-17.

The Padres could get a boost with Kyle Blanks expected to return to the lineup. The outfielder injured his eyelid when he crashed into a wall in San Francisco during Stults' start Sunday and made a pinch-hit appearance in Friday's win.

The Giants, meanwhile, will try to avoid their first four-game losing streak since dropping five straight July 25-30. They're also seeking to avoid their first five-game road skid since May 19-23, 2010.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:36 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Angels (9-13) at Mariners (9-16)

Venue: Safeco Field
Date: April 27, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

After earning his 100th career win in a strong effort earlier this week, Felix Hernandez is looking for more.

Unfortunately for Hernandez, the Los Angeles Angels have usually had his number - particularly last season.

Hernandez takes the mound for the Seattle Mariners hoping to snap a personal three-game losing streak to the Angels as these AL West rivals continue a four-game set Saturday night at Safeco Field.

Hernandez (2-2, 2.08 ERA) is coming off his first victory since opening day, scattering five hits and striking out nine over six scoreless innings in Monday's 7-1 win at Houston. The 2010 AL Cy Young Award winner became the third pitcher in team history to reach 100 victories, joining Jamie Moyer (145) and Randy Johnson (130).

"I'm glad it's behind him," manager Eric Wedge said. "Obviously, it's something you can't not think about as a pitcher or player or even as manager or coach. I was really happy for him. He's accomplished so much, so quickly, for a young man. It's a great accomplishment."

The 27-year-old Hernandez has struck out 37 and walked six over five starts spanning 34 2-3 innings. He went 0-2 in his previous three starts before Monday.

"Finally. Finally. It took too long. But it felt great," Hernandez told MLB's official website. "One hundred wins in the big leagues and hopefully I can get more and more."

If his results against the Angels (9-13) are any indication, building on his latest effort could prove difficult.

Hernandez is 2-7 against them since the start of the 2010 season and 6-12 lifetime - his second-most losses versus any opponent - to go with a 4.07 ERA. He was especially bad in five starts against Los Angeles in 2012, compiling an 0-3 record and a 6.25 ERA - easily his worst versus any team he faced more than once.

Mike Trout gave him fits last year, going 9 for 17 with a homer in their matchups, and Howie Kendrick was 5 for 12. Josh Hamilton, though, is 8 for 48 with 16 strikeouts lifetime against him.

The Angels had lost four straight and seven of eight on the road before winning 6-3 on Friday. C.J. Wilson pitched effectively into the sixth inning while Hank Conger and Mark Trumbo both hit two-run homers.

The Mariners (9-16), meanwhile, have dropped six of eight while batting .172 with runners in scoring position. They went 1 for 12 in such situations Friday.

Seattle, though, would appear to have a favorable matchup against Joe Blanton (0-3, 7.84), whose .392 opponent batting average is the worst in the AL among pitchers with at least three starts. The right-hander was tagged for four runs and a season-high 12 hits over six-plus innings but didn't factor in the decision of Monday's 7-6 loss to Texas.

Blanton is 2-4 with a 4.59 ERA over his last seven starts against the Mariners, but he hasn't faced them since 2008. While Michael Morse is 3 for 10 with a homer versus Blanton, Jason Bay is 0 for 5.

Morse has looked lost at the plate of late, striking out 10 times during a 4-for-32 slump.

Blanton, though, will need to be wary of Kyle Seager, who is batting .393 with three homers during a career-high 15-game hitting streak - the longest in the majors this season. He's 8 for 18 with a pair of long balls, six runs scored and five RBIs in his last four games versus Los Angeles.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:37 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

Week 1 NFL spreads........

Baltimore Ravens
Denver Broncos 7.5

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Jersey Jets even

Miami Dolphins -1.5
Cleveland Browns

Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers -4.5

Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints -2

Oakland Raiders
Indianapolis Colts -7

Seattle Seahawks -3.5
Carolina Panthers

Tennessee Titans
Pittsburgh Steelers -6.5

Arizona Cardinals
St Louis Rams 4.5

Kansas City Chiefs -1.5
Jacksonville Jaguars

Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions -3

New Jersey Giants
Dallas Cowboys -3

New England Patriots -6
Buffalo Bills

Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins -6

Cincinnati Bengals
Chicago Bears -4

Houston Texans -3
San Diego Chargers

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud......

13) How have the Cowboys not drafted Matt Barkley? Tony Romo is in his 30's, its time for Dallas to draft a developmental QB. Barkley would've been the #1 pick had he come out last year; now he's a 4th round player?

12) Phillies are amazingly 0-6 in Roy Halladay’s starts this year, but that will change soon; Halladay allowed three hits in his last 15 IP.

All he needs is some run support.

11) Mets started their 8th series of the season last night; so far, over is 13-2 in Games 1-2 of each series, but 2-4 in Game 3’s. I don’t have a reason why, just reporting the facts.

10) Charles Barkley has come out and said he would like to be GM of the Phoenix Suns; would he work hard at the job, or treat it like a fantasy team he toys with after he plays golf ever day (see Bobcats, Charlotte)?

Playing/coaching/personnel are three distinctly different jobs, all unique in their own way, all very difficult to do well.

9) Fordham signed the best senior NYC high school basketball player this week, pretty big breakthrough for the Rams, as they try and rise from out of the basement of the A-16. This is a big step for them, no matter how good the kid is or isn’t. He’s from the Christ the King HS; the private school league is generally better than the public school league in NYC.

8) Carl Crawford has always been a pretty good player, but only pretty good; how he ever got $20M a year out of the Red Sox is beyond me. Seems as though Theo Epstein (now running the Cubs instead of Boston) should have to carry Crawford on his roster until the ridiculously high $140M contract (this is the third of seven years) is over.

7) Say a big league ballplayer gets 600 at-bats and hits .280; if that player added one more hit a week, say because he was an expert bunter, that .280 average becomes .325. How a speedy lefthanded hitter like Crawford never became an expert bunter is beyond me; might have made him a Hall of Fame-type player.

6) I wonder how much total money is spent on beer advertising on TV and radio during games? Has to be a staggering amount.

5) Western Michigan had the MAC Freshman of the Year this winter in 6-9 Darius Paul, but now he is transferring out of Kalamazoo, a disturbing trend that has increased lately (Seth Curry from Liberty-to-Duke, for example). Mid-majors have to watch out for bigger schools poaching their own players, almost like baseball players leaving smaller markets for the big money. Curious to see where Mr Paul winds up.

4) If you’re planning a vacation for next spring and don’t know where to go, Wrestlemania is going to be in the Superdome in New Orleans. They had it outdoors at Swamp Stadium in New Jersey this year.

3) Its funny how you can actually wager on where kids get picked in the NFL Draft; makes the whole evening a lot more interesting.

2) Seniors-to-be Russ Smith (Louisville), CJ Fair (Syracuse) are coming back to school next year, as those teams head into the ACC for the first time. Very good news for both teams.

\1) If the Lakers played the Celtics best-of-7 right now, would either team win a game? They both look like they've given up.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:39 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Brewers (11-10) at Dodgers (11-11)

Venue: Dodger Stadium
Date: April 27, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

The Milwaukee Brewers and Los Angeles Dodgers haven't fared too well at the plate against right-handers. Now they will face rookie right-handed starters they have never seen.

It's hard to know what to expect in Saturday night's pitching matchup between the Brewers' Wily Peralta and Dodgers' Stephen Fife, with Milwaukee seeking to even this series at a game apiece.

These teams entered play Friday leading the NL in batting average against left-handers, with Milwaukee (11-10) at .301 and Los Angeles (11-11) at .296. It's been a different story for both against right-handers, with the Brewers at .226 and Dodgers at .225 entering the weekend.

Los Angeles won 7-5 on Friday, and it's probably not surprising that the game's biggest hit came against a left-hander. Adrian Gonzalez doubled in two runs off Brewers reliever Mike Gonzalez with two outs in the seventh inning to give the Dodgers the lead for good at 5-4.

"All that matters is winning games,' said Adrian Gonzalez, who finished with three RBIs. "We've lost some games that we should have won, but that's behind is, and now we have to focus on winning each and every day.'

The slugger's go-ahead double went off the glove of center fielder Carlos Gomez.

"We should have won the game," manager Ron Roenicke said. "We just didn't make a play.'

Now these teams will get their first looks at pitchers who made their debuts last season, but didn't log enough 2012 innings to lose their rookie statuses.

Peralta (1-1, 5.16 ERA) seems to have the greater pedigree between these starters heading into his 10th career outing and fifth of 2013. The Brewers' Minor League Pitcher of the Year in 2012, Peralta earned his first victory Sunday by limiting the Cubs to two runs over 6 2-3 innings in a 4-2 home victory.

Control has been an issue this season for Peralta, whose walks per nine innings is 4.37. That could be an issue against a Dodgers team that ranks third in the majors with 87 walks.

Fife (0-0, 7.71) remains in the rotation for his second 2013 start as he replaces the injured Chad Billingsley. His sixth career start came Sunday as he yielded four runs over 4 2-3 innings in a 7-4 win at Baltimore.

"I'd like to have come out of the game better, gotten deeper," Fife said. "I kind of failed in one aspect but gave us enough of a chance to walk out of here with a win."

Fife is still looking for his first big-league victory after going 0-2 with a 2.70 ERA in five outings last year for the Dodgers.

He'll try to slow down Yuniesky Betancourt, who is 6 for 16 with two homers and seven RBIs on this road trip for the Brewers. Fife will also get his first look at former NL MVP Ryan Braun, whose .393 average at Dodger Stadium is his second-highest in any current NL park.

Milwaukee won 10 of 13 from Los Angeles over the previous two seasons before the Dodgers ended a four-game home losing streak in the series Friday. The Brewers have dropped two straight after a nine-game win streak.

Dodgers second baseman Mark Ellis left with a right quad strain, and Nick Punto replaced him.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:44 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Braves (15-7) at Tigers (11-10)

Venue: Comerica Park
Date: April 27, 2013 1:05 PM EDT

While the Detroit Tigers silenced the Atlanta Braves in the opener of this three-game set, a repeat performance could be hard to come by with Rick Porcello on the hill.

Porcello looks to get on track opposite Kris Medlen as the Tigers and Braves square off again Saturday at Comerica Park.

Anibal Sanchez struck out a franchise-record 17 and allowed five hits over eight innings as Detroit (11-10) cruised to a 10-0 win Friday.

"He was pretty good and we weren't," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "That does it boys. That's all I got for you."

The Tigers backed Sanchez with four runs in the third inning and six in the fourth. Matt Tuiasosopo homered and drove in a career-high five runs while Victor Martinez and Torii Hunter combined for six hits and three RBIs.

After going 2 for 2, Miguel Cabrera is batting .415 with a homer and 10 RBIs during a 10-game hitting streak. He's 2 for 3 lifetime against Medlen (1-2, 2.16).

The Braves (15-7) dropped to 2-5 over their last seven games, hitting .186 with runners in scoring position over that stretch - including an 0-for-5 effort Friday.

Despite their recent efforts, the Braves could be in for a big day at the plate against Porcello (0-2, 11.08 ERA), who's posted an ugly .383 opponent batting average to rank second-worst in the AL among pitchers with at least three starts.

The right-hander was especially bad last Saturday in a 10-0 road loss to the Los Angeles Angels, allowing nine runs and nine hits before being removed with two outs in the first inning.

"He was obviously a little rusty, a little wild, a little unlucky, and that pretty much sums it up," manager Jim Leyland said. "I'm sure he wasn't a happy camper, and I don't blame him."

Porcello, who allowed an AL-worst 226 hits last season, was the first Tiger since Hank Borowy in 1951 to allow nine earned runs without getting out of the first inning.

"I struggled a little bit with my command, but it wasn't all that bad," he said. "I was keeping the ball down in the zone and throwing good sinkers. If I'm going to be inducing contact, that's my goal."

Making his first appearance against Atlanta, Porcello is 2-3 with a 7.90 ERA in his last seven interleague outings.

Medlen had allowed three earned runs in his first three starts before giving up three over six innings Sunday in a 4-2 loss at Pittsburgh.

"I was leaving pitches out over the plate, pulling off, and everything was flat," he told MLB's official website.

Medlen had compiled a 0.64 ERA in winning each of his previous six road starts. In his only appearance against Detroit, Medlen scattered six hits and struck out five over 6 2-3 innings of one-run ball in a 3-1 home win June 25, 2010.

Medlen will try to add to Prince Fielder's recent woes. The slugging first baseman has struck out 15 times during a 5-for-35 slump.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:45 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Dunkel

Milwaukee at LA Dodgers
The Brewers look to bounce back from last night's 7-5 loss to LA and build on their 5-1 record in their last 6 games after scoring 5 or more runs in the previous game. Milwaukee is the pick (+110) according to Dunkel, which has the Brewers favored by 1/2 a run. Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+110). Here are all of today's picks.

SATURDAY, APRIL 27

Game 901-902: Philadelphia at NY Mets (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia (Pettibone) 14.417; NY Mets (Marcum) 15.199
Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 1; 7 1/2
Vegas Line: NY Mets (-140); 8
Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (-140); Under

Game 903-904: Cincinnati at Washington (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Leake) 14.366; Washington (Haren) 15.057
Dunkel Line: Washington by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Washington (-110); 8
Dunkel Pick: Washington (-110); Over

Game 905-906: Pittsburgh at St. Louis (4:15 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Pittsburgh (Burnett) 16.822; St. Louis (Westbrook) 16.307
Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1/2 8 1/2
Vegas Line: St. Louis (-130); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (+110); Over

Game 907-908: Chicago Cubs at Miami (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Wood) 15.015; Miami (Sanabia) 14.062
Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Chicago Cubs (-135); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Chicago Cubs (-135); Under

Game 909-910: Colorado at Arizona (8:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Francis) 15.346; Arizona (Miley) 16.959
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1 1/2; 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Arizona (-170); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Arizona (-170); Under

Game 911-912: San Francisco at San Diego (8:40 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Zito) 15.590; San Diego (Stults) 15.988
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: San Francisco (-125); 7
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+105); Over

Game 913-914: Milwaukee at LA Dodgers (9:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Peralta) 15.704; LA Dodgers (Fife) 15.141
Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-130); 8
Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+110); Over

Game 915-916: Baltimore at Oakland (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Baltimore (Tillman) 14.307; Oakland (Griffin) 15.380
Dunkel Line: Oakland by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Oakland (-145); 8
Dunkel Pick: Oakland (-145); Under

Game 917-918: Toronto at NY Yankees (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Happ) 14.503; NY Yankees (Sabathia) 15.512
Dunkel Line: NY Yankees by 2; 7 1/2
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-170); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: NY Yankees (-170); Under

Game 919-920: Texas at Minnesota (4:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Holland) 15.083; Minnesota (Hernandez) 15.498
Dunkel Line: Minnesota by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Texas (-150); 8
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+130); Over

Game 921-922: Houston at Boston (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Peacock) 14.202; Boston (Doubront) 13.869
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Boston (-260); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Houston (+220); Under

Game 923-924: Tampa Bay at Chicago White Sox (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Moore) 16.517; White Sox (Floyd) 15.386
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1; 8
Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-125); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-125); Over

Game 925-926: Cleveland at Kansas City (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland (Kazmir) 14.435; Kansas City (Santana) 16.267
Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 2; 9 1/2
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 927-928: LA Angels at Seattle (9:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: LA Angels (Blanton) 13.340; Seattle (Hernandez) 14.911
Dunkel Line: Seattle by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Seattle (-170); 7
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (-170); Over

Game 929-930: Atlanta at Detroit (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta (Medlen) 16.880; Detroit (Porcello) 15.641
Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Atlanta (-125); 8
Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (-125); Over

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:47 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, April 27

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:05 PM
CINCINNATI vs. WASHINGTON
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 6 games when playing Washington
Cincinnati is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing Washington
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington's last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
Washington is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games

ATLANTA vs. DETROIT
Atlanta is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games on the road
Atlanta is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
Detroit is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games

PHILADELPHIA vs. NY METS
Philadelphia is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games when playing NY Mets
NY Mets are 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 5 games when playing Philadelphia

4:05 PM
TORONTO vs. NY YANKEES
Toronto is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home
NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing Toronto

4:05 PM
BALTIMORE vs. OAKLAND
Baltimore is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Baltimore is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Oakland
Oakland is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
Oakland is 16-5 SU in its last 21 games when playing at home against Baltimore

4:10 PM
TEXAS vs. MINNESOTA
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Texas's last 14 games when playing Minnesota
Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Minnesota is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Minnesota's last 14 games when playing Texas

4:15 PM
PITTSBURGH vs. ST. LOUIS
The total has gone OVER in 10 of Pittsburgh's last 15 games when playing St. Louis
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Pittsburgh's last 11 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis's last 6 games

7:10 PM
CLEVELAND vs. KANSAS CITY
Cleveland is 3-6-1 SU in its last 10 games ,
Cleveland is 3-8-1 SU in its last 12 games ,when playing Kansas City
Kansas City5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Kansas City8-3-1 SU in its last 12 games when playing Cleveland

TAMPA BAY vs. CHI WHITE SOX
Tampa Bay is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
Tampa Bay is 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing Chi White Sox
Chi White Sox are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chi White Sox's last 11 games

HOUSTON vs. BOSTON
Houston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
Houston is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games
Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston

CHI CUBS vs. MIAMI
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 5 games when playing Miami
Chi Cubs are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing on the road against Miami
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 7 games

8:10 PM
COLORADO vs. ARIZONA
Colorado is 7-16 SU in its last 23 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado's last 7 games when playing on the road against Arizona
Arizona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona's last 7 games when playing Colorado

8:40 PM
SAN FRANCISCO vs. SAN DIEGO
San Francisco is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against San Diego
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco's last 5 games when playing San Diego
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 15 of San Diego's last 18 games when playing at home against San Francisco

9:10 PM
LA ANGELS vs. SEATTLE
LA Angels are 1-3-1 SU in their last 5 games ,
LA Angels are 1-4-1 SU in their last 6 games ,when playing on the road against Seattle
Seattle is 2-5-1 SU in its last 8 games ,
Seattle4-1-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing LA Angels

9:10 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. LA DODGERS
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Milwaukee's last 15 games when playing LA Dodgers
Milwaukee is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
LA Dodgers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
LA Dodgers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:48 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, April 27

Three 'over' pitchers to watch on Saturday

Here's a look at three struggling starters taking the mound Saturday who have a combined 11-1 over record this season in 12 starts.

Rick Porcello, Detroit Tigers (0-2, 11.08 ERA, 4-0 O/U)

In his last start, Porcello got rocked by the Angels, giving up nine earned runs in the first inning. His three other starts this year haven't been much better. Porcello hasn't pitched into the sixth inning yet this season, and has only struck out three batters. All of Porcello's totals have been high, not seeing one lower than eight yet. Kris Medlen is scheduled to be his opposite number for the Braves on Saturday. He has a 1-2 record and 2.16 ERA this season.

Dan Haren, Washington Nationals (1-3, 7.36 ERA, 3-1 O/U)

Haren is another pitcher that has been taxing for his team's bullpen. He has pitched into the sixth inning only once and has given up at least six hits in all of his starts. His most recent total was at 7.5, after seeing eight in his first three outings. Haren will go against Cincinnati's Mike Leake on Saturday. Leake has a 1-0 record in four starts and a 3.81 ERA.

Joe Blanton, Los Angeles Angels (0-3, 7.84 ERA, 4-0 O/U)

The Angels have the second worst team ERA in baseball, and Blanton is one of the main reasons why. He has given up at least four earned runs and seven hits in each of his four starts. The righty has made it to the seventh inning only once and has struck out an average of two batters per game. The total has been either eight or 8.5 in all of Blanton's starts. He will take the hill against Seattle's Felix Hernandez on Saturday, who has a 2-2 record with a 2.08 ERA.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:49 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, April 27

MLB weather watch: Showers in St. Louis

There's rain in the forecast for three different parks on Saturday in the majors.

Here's our weather report:

Pittsburgh Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (-125, 7.5)
Site: Busch Stadium

Forecasts are calling for a 45 percent chance of showers.

Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals (-141, 8.5)
Site: Kauffman Stadium

A 35 percent chance of rain is in the forecast for Kansas City.

Los Angeles Angels vs. Seattle Mariners (-149, 7)
Site: Safeco Field

Winds will blow out to left field at 13 mph and there's a 30 percent chance of rain. The Mariners were 6-1 at home in 2012 when the wind blew out to left field.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:50 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, April 27

Bettors beware these top MLB teams late in games

Losing a bet late in a game stings like a cut fastball high and inside. These four clubs are considered among baseball’s best but have been burning backers with their late-game letdowns. We break down why these clubs can’t finish and what bettors should look out for going forward:

St. Louis Cardinals (13-8, +5.14 units)

The Cardinals have jumped to the top of the National League Central thanks to a solid pitching staff (which ranks third in ERA) and some consistent offense, averaging 4.86 runs per game. However, after the seventh inning, things go south for St. Louis.

The Cards are hitting just .200 and average only one run in the final three innings. That lack of late-game pop isn’t enough to make up for a shaky bullpen, which lugs a 5.20 ERA (second worst in the bigs) and has blown five saves already this season.

St. Louis opens a three game set with Pittsburgh Friday. The Pirates have the second-best batting average from the seventh inning on in the National League and have won their last two games in comeback fashion.

Detroit Tigers (10-10, -3.71 units)

The Tigers’ current swoon hasn’t been helped out by the fact the team runs out of gas in the final three innings. Detroit has just one win in its last six games, heading into Friday, including an extra-innings loss to Kansas City Thursday. The Tigers have had troubles cashing in runners in scoring position recently, especially deep into games.

Detroit is hitting a measly .206 and averages just 0.65 runs from the seventh inning on – last in the majors. Big bats Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera are both hitting .250 in the late innings and have combined for just one home run in that span. The Tigers pitching staff has also struggled past the sixth, posting a collective 5.27 ERA – another stat that ranks worst in the bigs. The bullpen has a 1-5 record and has blown four saves.

Detroit is involved in a possible World Series preview this weekend, hosting the Atlanta Braves in interleague play. Atlanta is shutting the door in the final three innings, with an MLB-best ERA of 1.56 from the seventh on, and a bullpen which is limiting opposing bats to a .213 BA.

Washington Nationals (11-11, -2.77 units)

The Nationals have fallen far from their sky-high expectations in April, limping out to a .500 start heading into Friday. Washington’s once-powerful pitching staff is struggling and its offensive is only plating 3.82 runs an outing and only 0.73 of those runs are coming past the sixth inning.

The Nats are batting .218 and own an OBP of .267 in the late innings. On the other side of the ball, Washington’s staff lugs a 4.22 ERA from the seventh on – nearly a run more than last year’s 3.32 ERA in the same situation. The bullpen, which ranked third in the NL in 2012, is currently 11th and has already blown four saves. Washington’s relievers blew just 17 saves overall last year.

The Nationals opened a four-game set versus Cincinnati with an 8-1 win Thursday, scoring six of those runs before the seventh. The Reds boast the best ERA from the seventh on (2.84) in the majors and score 1.91 runs per game in that span – another MLB-best.

Boston Red Sox (14-7, +6.85 units)

The Red Sox have budged their way to the top of the American League East, knocking in nearly five runs per game and getting stellar work from their starters. Boston is hitting a respectable .257 and its starters own a combined 3.10 ERA – second lowest in the AL. Then comes the seventh inning stretch…

Boston’s bats cool off quickly after the sixth inning, hitting .186, and manage to cash in just 1.14 runs per game in that span. The pitching staff has a 4.32 ERA from the seventh on and the bullpen has been flighty with a 3-3 record and four blown saves.

The BoSox catch a bit of a break this weekend, hosting the Houston Astros. Boston took the first game of the series 7-2, doing all of the damage in the first five innings. The Astros also rank among the worst late-inning teams in baseball. But to be fair, Houston generally sucks no matter what inning it is.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:51 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Long Sheet

Saturday, April 27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHILADELPHIA (10 - 14) at NY METS (10 - 11) - 1:05 PM
JONATHAN PETTIBONE (R) vs. SHAUN MARCUM (R)
Top Trends for this game.
PHILADELPHIA is 10-18 (-12.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 24-32 (-14.5 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 91-92 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 91-95 (-23.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 43-51 (-16.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 271-280 (-77.8 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.
NY METS are 43-51 (-16.9 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 21-30 (-15.5 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
PHILADELPHIA is 3-1 (+2.0 Units) against NY METS this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

JONATHAN PETTIBONE vs. NY METS since 1997
No recent starts.

SHAUN MARCUM vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
MARCUM is 2-1 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 3.51 and a WHIP of 1.247.
His team's record is 4-1 (+3.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-1. (+3.0 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CINCINNATI (13 - 11) at WASHINGTON (12 - 11) - 1:05 PM
MIKE LEAKE (R) vs. DAN HAREN (R)
WASHINGTON is 93-78 (+22.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 112-78 (+19.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 81-55 (+28.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 616-692 (+53.9 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 553-636 (+37.9 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 444-502 (+39.7 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
HAREN is 13-21 (-17.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
HAREN is 6-12 (-13.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
HAREN is 12-21 (-18.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
HAREN is 10-18 (-16.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

WASHINGTON is 3-2 (+1.2 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.3 Units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
LEAKE is 3-2 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 5.26 and a WHIP of 1.398.
His team's record is 4-3 (+0.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-5. (-4.7 units)

DAN HAREN vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
HAREN is 2-3 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 5.40 and a WHIP of 1.145.
His team's record is 2-4 (-3.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.5 units)

PITTSBURGH (13 - 10) at ST LOUIS (14 - 8) - 4:15 PM
A.J. BURNETT (R) vs. JAKE WESTBROOK (R)
PITTSBURGH is 119-182 (-46.3 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 217-436 (-95.9 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
BURNETT is 76-104 (-34.9 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
BURNETT is 0-12 (-12.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 7 or less since 1997. (Team's Record)
BURNETT is 61-85 (-29.5 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)
ST LOUIS is 363-249 (+54.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 20-9 (+13.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 34-29 (+16.5 Units) against the money line in road games in day games over the last 3 seasons.
WESTBROOK is 50-64 (-26.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)

ST LOUIS is 2-1 (+0.9 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.1 Units)

A.J. BURNETT vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
BURNETT is 6-5 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 3.94 and a WHIP of 1.300.
His team's record is 6-6 (+0.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-7. (-2.4 units)

JAKE WESTBROOK vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
WESTBROOK is 1-7 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 5.91 and a WHIP of 1.687.
His team's record is 2-7 (-8.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-3. (+1.7 units)

CHICAGO CUBS (8 - 14) at MIAMI (5 - 18) - 7:10 PM
TRAVIS WOOD (L) vs. ALEX SANABIA (R)
CHICAGO CUBS are 69-115 (-30.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 28-67 (-27.0 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 6-24 (-17.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 69-115 (-30.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 30-61 (-22.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 49-85 (-24.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 52-87 (-27.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 30-50 (-19.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 74-111 (-35.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 15-35 (-18.2 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 40-52 (-17.3 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 13-32 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 73-109 (-34.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 52-76 (-32.3 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 79-118 (-35.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons.

CHICAGO CUBS is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against MIAMI this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

TRAVIS WOOD vs. MIAMI since 1997
WOOD is 0-2 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 16.88 and a WHIP of 2.500.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-2. (-2.1 units)

ALEX SANABIA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
SANABIA is 0-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.17 and a WHIP of 1.235.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

COLORADO (15 - 8) at ARIZONA (13 - 10) - 8:10 PM
JEFF FRANCIS (L) vs. WADE MILEY (L)
COLORADO is 65-94 (-30.2 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
FRANCIS is 13-8 (+10.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ARIZONA is 32-37 (-18.6 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 20-25 (-14.0 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 3-2 (+1.1 Units) against ARIZONA this season
4 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+4.0 Units)

JEFF FRANCIS vs. ARIZONA since 1997
FRANCIS is 10-7 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 4.42 and a WHIP of 1.366.
His team's record is 13-11 (+3.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 10-14. (-4.7 units)

WADE MILEY vs. COLORADO since 1997
MILEY is 4-0 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 3.37 and a WHIP of 1.096.
His team's record is 4-1 (+2.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-1. (+3.0 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (13 - 10) at SAN DIEGO (7 - 15) - 8:40 PM
BARRY ZITO (L) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
STULTS is 26-17 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997. (Team's Record)
STULTS is 26-17 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 118-83 (+28.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 57-43 (+18.3 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 54-31 (+19.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 118-83 (+28.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 75-45 (+27.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 45-21 (+24.7 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 29-14 (+19.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
ZITO is 27-12 (+20.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZITO is 12-6 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZITO is 14-2 (+14.2 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZITO is 27-12 (+20.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZITO is 14-7 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZITO is 15-7 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAN DIEGO is 14-32 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 3-1 (+2.0 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
4 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+4.0 Units)

BARRY ZITO vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
ZITO is 5-9 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 4.56 and a WHIP of 1.471.
His team's record is 10-11 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 12-8. (+2.9 units)

ERIC STULTS vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
STULTS is 4-3 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 5.27 and a WHIP of 1.518.
His team's record is 6-4 (+3.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-3. (+2.5 units)

MILWAUKEE (11 - 10) at LA DODGERS (11 - 11) - 9:10 PM
WILY PERALTA (R) vs. STEPHEN FIFE (R)
MILWAUKEE is 2-12 (-11.5 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 22-8 (+15.0 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.

LA DODGERS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

WILY PERALTA vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
No recent starts.

STEPHEN FIFE vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
No recent starts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:53 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BALTIMORE (14 - 9) at OAKLAND (13 - 11) - 4:05 PM
CHRIS TILLMAN (R) vs. A.J. GRIFFIN (R)
OAKLAND is 109-82 (+38.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 57-37 (+19.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 103-76 (+36.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 73-50 (+31.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 54-46 (+17.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
GRIFFIN is 16-4 (+13.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GRIFFIN is 15-4 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GRIFFIN is 7-0 (+7.6 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
BALTIMORE is 110-81 (+43.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 43-28 (+19.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 55-41 (+32.2 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 28-18 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 20-10 (+12.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 36-20 (+20.0 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 100-70 (+40.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 77-58 (+30.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 60-49 (+16.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 62-46 (+31.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
TILLMAN is 7-1 (+8.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

BALTIMORE is 2-0 (+2.4 Units) against OAKLAND this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.2 Units)

CHRIS TILLMAN vs. OAKLAND since 1997
TILLMAN is 0-0 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 2.08 and a WHIP of 2.079.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

A.J. GRIFFIN vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
No recent starts.

TORONTO (9 - 15) at NY YANKEES (13 - 9) - 4:05 PM
J.A. HAPP (L) vs. C.C. SABATHIA (L)
NY YANKEES are 81-41 (+26.6 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons.

NY YANKEES is 4-1 (+3.2 Units) against TORONTO this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

J.A. HAPP vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
HAPP is 2-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 5.40 and a WHIP of 1.140.
His team's record is 2-1 (+2.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

C.C. SABATHIA vs. TORONTO since 1997
SABATHIA is 13-4 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 2.98 and a WHIP of 1.055.
His team's record is 13-5 (+4.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-11. (-6.1 units)

TEXAS (16 - 7) at MINNESOTA (9 - 10) - 4:10 PM
DEREK HOLLAND (L) vs. PEDRO HERNANDEZ (L)
TEXAS is 56-52 (-18.9 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 63-35 (+21.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 33-12 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 69-105 (-36.5 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 30-52 (-21.9 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 69-105 (-36.5 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 20-37 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 10-31 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

TEXAS is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

DEREK HOLLAND vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
HOLLAND is 2-2 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.417.
His team's record is 4-3 (+0.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-4. (-1.5 units)

PEDRO HERNANDEZ vs. TEXAS since 1997
No recent starts.

HOUSTON (7 - 16) at BOSTON (16 - 7) - 7:10 PM
BRAD PEACOCK (R) vs. FELIX DOUBRONT (L)
HOUSTON is 38-82 (-28.9 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 52-119 (-42.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
HOUSTON is 62-122 (-36.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 23-69 (-31.4 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 197-231 (-58.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday since 1997.
HOUSTON is 62-122 (-36.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 85-100 (-29.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 29-41 (-18.0 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 43-52 (-24.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 18-28 (-16.7 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 73-91 (-34.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 54-72 (-30.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 54-72 (-29.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

BOSTON is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against HOUSTON this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

BRAD PEACOCK vs. BOSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

FELIX DOUBRONT vs. HOUSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

TAMPA BAY (10 - 13) at CHI WHITE SOX (10 - 12) - 7:10 PM
MATT MOORE (L) vs. GAVIN FLOYD (R)
TAMPA BAY is 4-11 (-9.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 40-46 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

CHI WHITE SOX is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season

MATT MOORE vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
MOORE is 1-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 1.46 and a WHIP of 0.649.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (+0.0 units)

GAVIN FLOYD vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
FLOYD is 5-2 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 3.14 and a WHIP of 1.023.
His team's record is 5-2 (+3.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-5. (-3.3 units)

CLEVELAND (8 - 11) at KANSAS CITY (11 - 8) - 7:10 PM
SCOTT KAZMIR (L) vs. ERVIN SANTANA (R)
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

SCOTT KAZMIR vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
KAZMIR is 3-2 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 5.23 and a WHIP of 1.575.
His team's record is 6-4 (+0.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-4. (+1.1 units)

ERVIN SANTANA vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
SANTANA is 2-8 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 4.71 and a WHIP of 1.320.
His team's record is 4-10 (-8.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 9-5. (+3.5 units)

LA ANGELS (9 - 13) at SEATTLE (9 - 16) - 9:10 PM
JOE BLANTON (R) vs. FELIX HERNANDEZ (R)
LA ANGELS are 17-28 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 61-67 (-24.6 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 4-11 (-10.1 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
LA ANGELS are 668-657 (+59.3 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
LA ANGELS are 557-544 (+61.3 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997.
SEATTLE is 100-111 (-40.6 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Saturday since 1997.
HERNANDEZ is 11-16 (-14.7 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997. (Team's Record)

SEATTLE is 1-1 (+0.2 Units) against LA ANGELS this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.2 Units)

JOE BLANTON vs. SEATTLE since 1997
BLANTON is 8-5 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 3.50 and a WHIP of 1.184.
His team's record is 9-6 (+2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 8-7. (+0.4 units)

FELIX HERNANDEZ vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
HERNANDEZ is 6-12 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 4.07 and a WHIP of 1.293.
His team's record is 11-19 (-10.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 13-13. (-1.1 units)

ATLANTA (15 - 7) at DETROIT (11 - 10) - 1:05 PM
KRIS MEDLEN (R) vs. RICK PORCELLO (R)
ATLANTA is 109-76 (+22.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 55-40 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 107-75 (+20.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 73-42 (+25.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 30-20 (+14.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
MEDLEN is 29-7 (+21.3 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997. (Team's Record)
MEDLEN is 14-4 (+10.6 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
MEDLEN is 29-7 (+21.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)
MEDLEN is 14-2 (+12.3 Units) against the money line after a loss since 1997. (Team's Record)
DETROIT is 102-87 (-15.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against ATLANTA this season

KRIS MEDLEN vs. DETROIT since 1997
MEDLEN is 1-0 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 1.35 and a WHIP of 1.049.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

RICK PORCELLO vs. ATLANTA since 1997
No recent starts.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 04:53 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

YESTERDAY SUCKED BIG TIME BUT THERE WILL BE DAY'S LIKE THIS...

Date WLT Pct Net Units Record

04/26/13 6-_21-_1 22.22% -_8355 Detail
04/25/13 11-_10-_3 52.38% +_995 Detail
04/24/13 13-_15-_0 46.43% -_1595 Detail
04/23/13 14-_12-_1 53.85% +_790 Detail
04/22/13 12-_10-_0 54.55% +_720 Detail
04/21/13 16-_15-_1 51.61% -_265 Detail
04/20/13 17-_15-_0 53.13% +_555 Detail
04/19/13 9-_3-_0 75.00% +_3030 Detail
04/18/13 11-_6-_1 64.71% +_2720 Detail
04/17/13 10-_13-_1 43.48% -_1265 Detail
04/16/13 14-_11-_1 56.00% +_1560 Detail
04/15/13 12-_4-_0 75.00% +_3650 Detail
04/14/13 15-_13-_0 53.57% +_530 Detail
04/13/13 14-_16-_0 46.67% -_1510 Detail
04/12/13 10-_6-_0 62.50% +_2555 Detail
04/11/13 5-_6-_1 45.45% -_460 Detail
04/10/13 15-_10-_1 60.00% +_2240 Detail
04/09/13 14-_14-_0 50.00% -_440 Detail
04/08/13 12-_7-_1 63.16% +_2080 Detail
04/07/13 15-_13-_2 53.57% +_840 Detail
04/06/13 11-_18-_0 37.93% -_4805 Detail
04/05/13 17-_12-_0 58.62% +_2035 Detail
04/04/13 15-_7-_0 68.18% +_4160 Detail
04/03/13 15-_15-_0 50.00% -_350 Detail
04/02/13 8-_6-_0 57.14% +_1305 Detail
04/01/13 10-_13-_0 43.48% -_1935 Detail

Totals 321-_291-_14 52.45% +8785

Saturday, April 27

Game Score Status Pick Amount

Atlanta - 1:05 PM ET Atlanta -106 500
Detroit - Over 8 500

Cincinnati - 1:05 PM ET Washington -103 500
Washington - Under 8 500

Philadelphia - 1:05 PM ET Philadelphia +129 500 POD # 2
NY Mets - Over 8 500

Baltimore - 4:05 PM ET Oakland -145 500
Oakland - Under 8 500

Toronto - 4:05 PM ET NY Yankees -158 500
NY Yankees - Over 7.5 500

Texas - 4:10 PM ET Texas -141 500
Minnesota - Over 8.5 500

Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM ET St. Louis -116 500
St. Louis - Over 7 500

Houston - 7:10 PM ET Boston -260 500
Boston - Over 9.5 500

Tampa Bay - 7:10 PM ET Tampa Bay -113 500
Chi. White Sox - Under 7 500

Chi. Cubs - 7:10 PM ET Chi. Cubs -115 500
Miami - Over 7.5 500

Cleveland - 7:10 PM ET Kansas City -156 500
Kansas City - Under 9 500

Colorado - 8:10 PM ET Arizona -160 500
Arizona - Over 9 500

San Francisco - 8:40 PM ET San Francisco -115 500
San Diego - Under 7.5 500

Milwaukee - 9:10 PM ET Milwaukee +120 500 POD # 3
LA Dodgers - Over 8 500

LA Angels - 9:10 PM ET LA Angels +143 500 POD # 1
Seattle - Under 7 500

Old Post 04-27-13 05:58 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Short Sheet

Saturday, April 27

National League

Philadelphia at NY Mets, 1:05 ET FOX
Pettibone: Philadelphia 11-19 SU off a combined score of 4 runs or less
Marcum: Mets 17-9 SU after having 0 extrabase hits last game

Cincinnati at Washington, 1:05 ET FOX
Leake: Cincinnati 20-8 Under off 3+ games scoring 4 runs or less
Haren: 6-12 TSR in home games

Pittsburgh at St Louis, 4:15 ET
Burnett: Pittsburgh 9-2 SU after winning 2 of their last 3 games
Westbrook: 2-7 TSR vs. Pittsburgh

Chicago Cubs at Miami, 7:10 ET
Wood: Cubs 17-5 Under after winning 3 of their last 4 games
Sanabia: Miami 15-35 SU as a home underdog of +125 or less

Colorado at Arizona, 8:10 ET
Francis: Colorado 15-5 Over after the bullpen allowed 0 runs in BB games
Miley: Arizona 2-11 SU at home off 3+ games scoring 4 runs or less

San Francisco at San Diego, 8:40 ET MLB
Zito: 14-2 TSR vs. division opponents
Stults: San Diego 3-13 SU as an underdog of +150 or less

Milwaukee at LA Dodgers, 9:10 ET MLB
Peralta: Milwaukee 13-32 SU as a road underdog
Fife: Dodgers 22-8 SU on Saturdays

American League

Baltimore at Oakland, 4:05 ET
Tillman: Baltimore 14-4 Under off a combined score of 3 runs or less
Griffin: 13-3 TSR with a total of 7 to 8.5 runs

Toronto at NY Yankees, 4:05 ET
Happ: Toronto 27-50 SU off BB road games
Sabathia: 14-5 Over as a favorite of -125 to -175

Texas at Minnesota, 4:10 ET
Holland: Texas 33-12 SU in April
Hernandez: Minnesota 17-35 SU at home with a total of 7 to 8.5 runs

Houston at Boston, 7:10 ET
Peacock: Houston 9-39 SU as a road underdog of +175 to +250
Doubront: Boston 10-2 Over in night games

Tampa Bay at Chicago White Sox, 7:10 ET
Moore: 1-7 TSR as a road favorite
Floyd: White Sox 32-18 SU off BB wins

Cleveland at Kansas City, 7:10 ET
Kazmir: 23-11 TSR on Saturdays
Santana: 12-3 Under in April

LA Angels at Seattle, 9:10 ET
Blanton: Angels 4-11 SU in night games
Hernandez: Seattle 26-8 SU after losing 6 or 7 of their last 8 games

Interleague

Atlanta at Detroit, 1:05 ET FOX
Medlen: 12-0 TSR pitching on 5 or 6 days rest
Porcello: 2-11 TSR pitching on 5 or 6 days rest

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 06:28 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, April 27

Hot pitchers
-- Leake is 1-0, 1.29 in his last two starts.
-- Burnett is 1-1, 2.31 in his last four starts.
-- Wood is 1-1, 2.42 in four starts this season.
-- Miley is 2-0, 2.81 in four starts this season.
-- Zito is 3-1, 3.42 in four starts, but his only road start was a disaster.

-- Medlen is 1-1, 2.70 in his last three starts.

-- Oakland won both of Griffin's home starts (1-0, 3.00).
-- Sabathia is 3-1, 3.00 in his last four starts.
-- Holland is 1-1, 3.25 in four starts this season.
-- Red Sox are 3-0 in Doubront's starts (2-0, 4.32), scoring 22 runs.
-- Moore is 4-0, 1.04 in four starts this season.
-- Royals won last three Santana starts (2-0, 1.96).
-- Hernandez is 1-0, 0.71 in his last couple starts.

Cold pitchers
-- Marcum is making first '13 start; he was 2-0, 2.25 in his last three starts LY. Pettibone allowed two runs in 5.2 IP in his MLB debut.
-- Haren is 1-3, 9.00 in his four starts this season.
-- Westbrook is 0-0, 7.88 in his last two starts.
-- Sanabia is 1-2, 6.88 in his last three starts.
-- Francis is 0-2, 15.75 in his last three starts.
-- Peralta is 1-1, 5.96 in four starts this season. Fife is 1-3, 4.74 in his last four starts.
-- Stults is 1-2, 6.00 in his last three starts.

-- Porcello is 0-2, 13.09 in three starts this season.

-- Tillman is 0-1, 3.64 in his last three starts.
-- Happ has a 5.49 RA in four starts this season.
-- Hernandez allowed three runs in five IP in his first '13 start.
-- Floyd is 0-3, 5.40 in four starts this season.
-- Kazmir allowed six runs in 3.1 IP in his first '13 start.
-- Blanton is 0-3, 8.27 in four starts this season.

Totals
-- Five of last six Washington games stayed under the total.
-- Ten of last thirteen Cub games stayed under the total.
-- Ten of last fourteen Met games went over the total.
-- Last three Pittsburgh games went over the total.
-- Ten of last twelve Arizona games stayed under the total.
-- Last five games at Dodger Stadium went over the total.
-- Five of last seven San Diego games stayed under the total.

-- Eigt of last eleven Detroit games went over the total.

-- 10 of last 14 Toronto games stayed under the total.
-- Over is 8-2-1 in last eleven Boston games.
-- Under is 11-4-1 in last sixteen Texas games.
-- Under is 7-1-2 in last ten White Sox games.
-- All four Santana starts stayed under the total.
-- 19 of last 23 Oakland games went over the total.
-- 14 of last 17 Angel games went over the total.

Hot teams
-- Pirates won 12 of their last 17 games. St Louis won five of last six.
-- Washington won its last two games; they've allowed 12 runs in last six.
-- Rockies won nine of their last thirteen games. Arizona won four of six.
-- Brewers won nine of their last eleven games.

-- Red Sox won 11 of their last 14 games.
-- Bronx won 12 of its last 17 games.
-- Texas won eight of its last ten games.
-- White Sox won last three games, allowing eight runs.
-- Indians won three of their last four games. Royals won four of last six.
-- Orioles won seven of their last nine games.

Cold teams
-- Phillies lost eight of their last twelve games. Mets lost seven of last ten.
-- Dodgers lost seven of their last eleven games.
-- Reds have one run, two hits in their last two games.
-- Miami lost nine of its first eleven home games. Cubs lost 12 of their last 18 games overall.
-- Padres lost seven of their ten home games. San Francisco lost their last four games on foreign soil.

-- Detroit, Atlanta both lost five of its last seven games.

-- Houston lost nine of its last twelve games.
-- Blue Jays lost eight of their last eleven games.
-- Twins lost last three games, scoring nine runs.
-- Tampa Bay lost three of its last four games.
-- Oakland lost seven of its last eight games.
-- Angels lost four of last five on road. Mariners lost 12 of their last 17 games.

Umpires
-- Phil-NY-- Under is 20-4 in last 24 Culbreth games.
-- Cin-Wsh-- Underdogs won last five Drake games.
-- Pitt-StL-- Favorites won eight of last nine Winters games.
-- Chi-Mia-- Underdogs are 6-5 in last 11 Blaser games; over is 8-4 in his last twelve games behind plate.
-- Col-Az-- Over is 4-1-1 in last six Cederstrom games.
-- SF-SD-- Underdogs won six of last seven Wendelstedt games.
-- Mil-LA-- Home team is 9-4 in last thirteen Eddings games.

-- Atl-Det-- Under is 8-4 in last twelve Knight games.

-- Blt-A's-- Six of last eight Hoye games went over the total.
-- Tor-NY-- 12 of last 14 Kellogg games stayed under the total.
-- Tex-Min-- Six of last eight Marquez games stayed under total.
-- Hst-Bos-- Home team won nine of last twelve Hudson games.
-- TB-Chi-- Home side won last seven Guccione games.
-- LA-Sea-- Visitors are 9-4 in last thirteen Bell games.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 04-27-13 06:29 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: