StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Are the Vikings for real?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
The Gush
Banned User

Are the Vikings for real?

I thought Dante Culpepper was a great QB but are the vikings better off without him. It sure looks like it, Brad Johnson is now 5-0 and if the playoffs started today they would be in. O.K someone please explain how. They have a bad coach, an aged QB, an average running game and an average at best defense. I dont see how they make the playoffs and even if they do how they would compete against some of the better nfc teams.

Old Post 12-07-05 02:37 AM
The Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Gush Click here to Send The Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
gametime
Banned User

does not turn over the ball better short passing game with out moss no long ball for dante. keeps def off the field boring but its called winning ugly but a win is a win and they are covering spreads with def & good kicking game.

Old Post 12-07-05 02:43 AM
gametime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gametime Edit post   Report post
pogoduffy

Shut up Salisbury. If anybody wants expertise it's not from you. Go play with your dumbazz 30 system. Then, come back on and say you had all these winners.

How does it feel whenever you post something, everyone just laughs?

Old Post 12-07-05 02:45 AM
pogoduffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pogoduffy Edit post   Report post
The Gush
Banned User

i guess your a vikings fan, sorry they wont be making the playoffs this year.

Old Post 12-07-05 02:47 AM
The Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Gush Click here to Send The Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Mr.Blonde

Most people who think Culpepper is a great quarterback are looking at him from a fantasy football perspective.

Old Post 12-07-05 02:50 AM
Mr.Blonde is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Blonde Edit post   Report post
legend
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very Simple

Culpepper is a turnover machine, whether it is a fumble or int. You cannot win with a QB like that. Why do you think the man who has thrown more ints than any other QB in history does not have a Super Bowl ring. (Marino) This man would throw for 500yds and the media would build it up like it was some great thing , they would fail to mention the 5 picks, 2 returned for Tds that he threw in the game. I will take a QB who throws for 150yds and no turnovers over the lofty fantasy numbers.

Old Post 12-07-05 02:56 AM
legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legend Edit post   Report post
gametime
Banned User

if they laugh then why do more people look at my post than yours better info thats why.10-0atsin nfl. I posted it you said xavier sucked I had 6 points they covered you said good luck you will lose i won. did not have to lay 270 like you did on money line that day my 12year old granddauhter can pick 3 to 1 money linegame thats what Ill. was saturday who needs that info 3 to 1 moneyline favorites thats what I need someone to give 3000 to win a dime yeh wow why didnt I think of that do you have any I can lay 5000 to win a dime or maybe 100000 to win a nickel now thats capping .

Old Post 12-07-05 02:57 AM
gametime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gametime Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Gush

The Vikings have quietly improved (360 degrees) in a couple of key aspects of the game.....stopping the run and creating turnovers. This shows up in most recent games played.

Old Post 12-07-05 03:02 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Gush
Banned User

I just posed the question are they for real and wanted you guys opinion, thanks for your thoughts gametime and im not really sure what pogos problem is.

Old Post 12-07-05 03:02 AM
bully93
FoxDen Hall of Famer

for real?

i have been a lifetime viking fan, since they lost to the cards on the last play of the year a few years ago, i cant wait to see tice gone. In my opinion, i think he is an idiot. It ammuses me how people say he might get coach of the year for this turn around. Whos fault was it when in the preseason some people were saying they were nfc contenders and they flopped? Yes they have won 5 in a row but against who? packers twice(2-10), lions(4-8), browns(4-8)(those are some dandy teams, lol) and giants(8-4). The giants game was a fluke, no offensive tds, kick return and a punt return. The defensive has been playing well and bj is not turning it over but they are still a bad football team, they are fortunately playing teams just as bad as they are but the schedule looks good for them the rest of the year and they could make the playoffs. i sure hope not, i want tice gone.

Old Post 12-07-05 03:51 AM
bully93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bully93 Click here to Send bully93 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Vikings are not for real but the beneficiary of an easy stretch of games. Here is an excerpt from The Cold Hard Facts, an excellent site for NFL info.

"Everyone’s agog over Minnesota after it ripped off its fifth straight win Sunday, 21-16, over Detroit, to up its record to 7-5. After a 2-5 start marred by off-field controversy, the Vikings stand on the cusp of the playoffs, tied with Atlanta and Dallas at 7-5 for the final NFC postseason spot.

The “pundits” will attempt to find various bull**** reasons for Minnesota’s resurgence. Maybe it will be praise for coach Mike Tice or credit for an offense finding its rhythm. ESPN Monday morning even went so far as to say that quarterback Brad Johnson, who replaced an injured Duante Culpepper five weeks ago and has not lost since, deserves some MVP consideration. Tice’s name has even been tossed (far too prematurely) into the ring of candidates for Coach of the Year consideration.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts are not so impressed.

In fact, Minnesota’s “rise” is easily understood when we look at the alpha and omega of NFL analysis, the one indicator that can explain virtually any trend in history: the Quality Wins Quotient. The quotient tells us that teams on long win streaks can usually thank an easy schedule.

Well, the Vikings are in the midst of one of the easiest stretches on their or any other team’s schedule this season. Four of their five wins came against Detroit (twice), Green Bay and Cleveland. Their opponents in these four games (including Detroit twice) are a combined 14-34 (.292).

The Vikings do have one quality win during this period, a 24-21 victory at home over the Giants. But that was the game, you might remember, that the Vikings became the first team in NFL history to return a punt, kickoff and interception for a touchdown.

Bottom line: Minnesota’s five-game win streak is a case of a mediocre team overcoming a dreadfully easy schedule – with a little bit of well-timed luck."

Old Post 12-07-05 07:44 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The Vikings are for real if you want to bet on them coming Sunday. They should handle STL quite easily.

One week at a time. ;)

Old Post 12-07-05 09:21 AM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rockylucy

vikes for the money

it is going to go down to the last game of the year at minnesota bears lose two more , minnesota catches bears and there is your big money game on new years day for the books and the tv . of course this is my hope and dream , being i am a massive viking fan . their defense is starting to play the way that they should, and the offense is playing grind it out and error free. when you get 3 or more turnovers, in a game , you generally have a real good shot at winning the game. lets go steelers!

Old Post 12-07-05 04:00 PM
rockylucy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockylucy Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: