StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Cheyenne Social Club 20 :
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Cheyenne Social Club 20 :

Hello out there , sports fans . In keeping with the times and today being somewhat of weak-one in terms of wagering (unless your a horse geek) , I propose to look at something different on a slow-day .

Football :

Its no secret that I have been doing my homework on this subject for about a month now , in order to gain whatever edge I can to start the year off right . I have already said that Wyoming hitting the Swamp & Urban Myer is a game on my radar so far , and I now have determined that Kansas will be a major under team this season with what I expect to be a very dominate defense .

A sleeper of decent proportions like Texas A&M might fit my bill this year also , after a 7-5 plus 5-3 in conference season I fully understand that a breakout year might take place here . They can be a major player in this conference , and I like thier chances to pepper my pocket early for me .

Purdue is a keeper this season also , along with one of my favorites ...... Bama !

Cal. / G. Tech / Bowling Green / Fresno St. / Ari. St . all look good on my radar also , and get on them early before the books do ?

I also hope to run a post on my totals for cash concerning college basketball soon , a unexplored area for most fans and a big moneymaker for the first 10 weeks on b-ball and a producer even beyond that .

Been Nice !

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-11-05 07:46 PM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
maverick

MM..........Are you telling me to take the Cowboys plus the points???

I am planning on going to Gainsville for that game so you best have the winner for me...................

On a serious note.........I thought Wyoming handled the speed of UCLA last year pretty well.(in the bowl game) I know Florida will have some fast guys but the cowboys defense should be pretty good. Meyers schemes may be another matter though.

At least Wyoming and Joe Glenn has played against Utah the past few years so they should be a bit familiar with that offense Meyer brings.

Should be a lot of fun........were sending the wives shopping while the guys attend the game..........YEAH........

Old Post 07-11-05 10:21 PM
maverick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maverick Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

maverick

Hello Big Guy , Yes Im liking the points in that one and you should enjoy your day in the Swamp !

They " are " familar with Meyer and his giddy-up style , and a little forecasting sez to me that the Poke`s should be getting around 21 ....... get my drift ?

Going even further out on the limb , I venture to say that if not for this game , the Cowboys might run the gambit this season . I can hadly wait for a total on this one (48?) but that remains as other things ..... unknown as of yet ?

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-12-05 02:45 AM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

*** NFL ***

I can see this one as a bit of a suprise (season) to a few teams , and I have my sniffer to the grindstone in anticipation of the coming weeks ahead .

Three teams show me a little more this season than last year in the wagering area , Cincinnati / Jacksonville / Detroit all have potential as sleepers . Since no team has ever played a Super Bowl on its own turf , that leaves Detroit outside looking in this year but thier chances of having a far better run at it are there .

Minnesota can reach with all thier new faces and one things for sure , scoring 400 points is not beyond thier realm , just allowing 395 will not be the answer unless your a totals lover like me !

Dungys trying to right the ship in Indy , hes a defensive mastermind on a offensive club but hes going in the right direction as far as Im concerned . Dwight Freeney (02) / Bob Sanders (04) / Marlin Jackson (05) and grabing 5 of 6 picks this year on the defensive side of the ball has me convinced that they will not be ranked 29th again this year !

New Orleans needs a consistant season out of Brooks to cement thier place here , the NFc`s South division is the toughest one around , Carolina put me in the money a few years back , and they are all healthy once again ? Atlanta can run/run/run but untill Vick can throw in a pocket they will just be a presence to be dealt with , maybe Roddy Whites the answer and 10 games on the turf doesnt hurt them this season ? Tampa Bays going no where , but they will make noise as usual in the defensive game .

The Chiefs like Indy can score as they were the only team in the NFL to outscore the Colts last year , it has new faces in that department (D) that has to gel quickly to have a outside shot at the playoffs . San Diego looks a bit young yet and facing Edgern James / Curtis Martin / Preist Holmes / Corey Dillion / Tiki Barber / Clinton Portis doesnt help them this year , but they are talented and could be a worthy look on certain weekends . My pick for a shoot-out type year in all thier games will be the over in Al Davis land , playing three of the top ten offensive clubs two times apeice (K.C. / Den. / S.D.) tells me think " Over Baby "

Of note here is two seasons ago Pitt won only 6 games / S.D. only four / Atlanta just five . Anyone notice them last year ? , so whos the guys we go with to make a leap this season .

I remember when Bill Belichicks record was 43-58 before Tom Brady and a very nice 57-14 since then , knowing full well that Peytons rookie season he went a horrible 3-13 and his next a 13-3 . Now can anyone remember his brothers name is Eli ? Since the new rules about the five yard chuck went into effect , it is now a QB`s game again and the Big Bens / Carson Palmers / and such will once again shine .

More on this later folks !

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-12-05 03:53 AM
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Boise St Is already looking good in week 1

Old Post 07-12-05 09:42 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BWELL316

I can easily agree about that high powered attack , Urban Myer wanted no part of them for his season opener at the Swamp and opted for the Pokes instead , but I must say this :

***** 33-0 *****

NBA :

Gail Goodrich / Wilt Chamberlin / Jerry West

It will never be done again ....... " Trust-Me "

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-13-05 08:12 AM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

News of Interest :

Horse Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horse name : High Limit
Notes : Its no secret that I have followed this jocks rise to the top of his class , and I fully expect a great preformance here !
Activity type : Entry
Activity date : 07-17-2005
Track : Delaware Park
Surface : Dirt
Distance : 1 1/16 Miles
Race number : 10
Purse : $300,000
Claim price : 0
Race type : Stakes
Post position : 2
Jockey : *Prado E S*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horse Message

Horse name : Sun King
Notes : If anyone can take High Limit here .... its Sun King !
Claim price :
Post position : 1
Jockey : Bejarano R

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-14-05 03:25 AM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ahh .... " The Smell of Horsehide "

A nice little 4-Teamer for the lady :

Oakland / San Diego / Toronto / Detroit

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-14-05 03:39 AM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Speaking of Horses :

Solano :

8 Mary Mac's Rocket 68.20 16.40 11.60

Was a nice stocking-stuffer today !!!

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-14-05 03:44 AM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Randy Who ?? :

O.K. its a given the cats out of the bag in Minnesota about thier upgrades , but I wonder how many people have really paid attention to those upgrades ?

Gone = Moss

But :

The Vikings added a run stopper in Pat Williams, and they arguably got the best pure pass rusher in the draft in Erasmus James. Help to stop the run and rush the quarterback are two things the Vikings really needed, and those additions will free up Kevin Williams, whom I think is the best defensive tackle in the NFL.

Last year, the Vikings drafted defensive end Kenechi Udeze, so that rotation will give the Vikings one of the better defensive lines in the NFL. That's something they haven't had in Minnesota in a long, long time.

And :

The Minnesota Vikings have always struggled on the back end of their defense. They shouldn't anymore.

Not when you add a Pro Bowl-caliber free safety in Darren Sharper, who'll allow Corey Chavous to concentrate on his job at strong safety, and a potential shutdown cornerback in Fred Smoot, who is only going to get better and could be a Pro Bowler someday. I don't know if there's a better set of cornerbacks in the NFL than Smoot and Antoine Winfield.

And :

We all know the Minnesota Vikings can score points with any team in the league. But when you add the kind of bodies and the kind of athletes they have added on defense – additions that include linebackers Napoleon Harris and Sam Cowart – defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell now has the option to do a lot of different things.

Courtesy of Chris Carter

I undoubtly think this has to be what Tony Dungee has wanted to do with the Colts , but has failed . Do not .... I repeat do not let this team slip under your radar this season or risk a fiscal misunderstanding with your bankroll !

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-14-05 04:07 AM
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

a great team to bet against in the NFL this year? How about the Denver Broncos? Seriously, how is this team any better?

Cincy might be a good betting goldmine, too. Their offense is primed for big things...

Old Post 07-14-05 04:38 AM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dateline 9/10/05 :

Arizona St. vs. LSU :

LSU`s JaMarcus Russell (QB) a former megarecruit of Nick Saban had his confidence shaken when the former left town for the bigs . And so far this spring he has shown well , but should he falter in this opener Ari. St. has the goods to take this one . They are physical (ask Purdue) and can score , but I cant help but identify the ability of this LSU squad and the home turf will help here in a twofold way . #1 it will push LSU over the top in this tilt , but #2 it will season this Ari. St squad for bigger things down the road (get my drift?)

Other Noteworthy News :

Ever hear of a kid named Jermaine Filer ?

Hes @ Marshall , and you will know his name before this seasons over !

Whats up with Ron Zook ? , since taking over @ Ill. hes on a tear of major porportions recruiting wise . Trust-Me hes landing some big talent so far !

Texas vs. Ohio St. ( 9/10/05 )

Michigan blew its torpedos to early against this Longhorns squad in the Rose-Bowl last year , and Ohio St. was " Watching-Closely " .

They will not let superman run wild , as a matter of fact Vince Young will find it quite uncomfortable this day as the safeties will not drop back 10 to 12 yards on every play , and the blitzes will come from the outside instead of the inside . Opinion here is that just when the Longhorns looked like they had cleared thier heads of the Oklahoma induced brain-freeze , they end up just trying to salvage whats left of this season !

Speaking Of Bucky !

This season I expect Wisconsin fans to be very excitied about Jason Bohannon running the point-guard for thie squad ..... he will show up in a big way this season !

Gonzaga has a surprise for some pretenders this season also at point-guard , Derek Raivio shut down former star Dan ****au this spring in camp and looks posied to carry the Zags this season !

J.R. Giddens decision to make New Mexico his turf for the next two years , will make for some very bad times for opponets at " The-Pit " this season . The former Kansas star couldnt cut a better deal for himself , and this move gives the Lobos a far better shot at great things this year .

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-17-05 08:45 PM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Results :

Horse Message

Horse name : High Limit
Notes : Its no secret that I have followed this jocks rise to the top of his class , and I fully expect a great preformance here !
Claim price : 0
Post position : 2
Jockey : *Prado E S*

Horse Message

Horse name : Sun King
Notes : If anyone can take High Limit here .... its Sun King !
Claim price :
Post position : 1
Jockey : Bejarano R

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Sun King 7.00 4.00 2.10
6 Golden Man 6.20 2.10
2 High Limit 2.10

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-18-05 06:57 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: