StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Wimbledon 7/10
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

Wimbledon 7/10

Barbora Krejcikova vs. Jelena Ostapenko

Last year, Krejcikova and Ostapenko met in a grass-court match in Birmingham. Ostapenko ended up winning that match 7-6 (8), 6-4. The only problem is that Krejcikova’s game was all over the place for the better part of the 2022 and 2023 seasons. Sure, she still found ways to churn out winning seasons and win some titles, but she was nowhere near the player she was in 2021. But Krejcikova is looking as sharp as ever in London, where she has already knocked off Veronika Kudermetova, Katie Volynets, Jessica Bouzas Maneiro and Danielle Collins. So, perhaps we’re starting to see the major-winning level in Krejcikova, making her a tougher opponent for Ostapenko than the odds might suggest.

Krejcikova is a player that can throw opponents off quite a bit, as she has the ability to mix in slice shots as well as anybody. She’s also a good mover, and she knows when to pick her spots when it comes to going big from the baseline or approaching the net. That said, Krejcikova won’t be as predictable as some of Ostapenko’s previous opponents. Krejcikova should also have a good idea of what it takes to beat Ostapenko, as she plays a very similar style to Collins. Both players go for winners on almost every shot, but Krejcikova should be ready for that here.

I’m not sure that this current version of Krejcikova can beat Ostapenko, but I think we’ll see a better effort from her than we did in 2023. That should mean that Krejcikova will get on the board and win a set.

Bet: Krejcikova +1.5 Sets (-154)

Old Post 07-10-24 08:36 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Elina Svitolina vs. Elena Rybakina

Svitolina and Rybakina met at the French Open, where the world No. 4 came away with a 6-4, 6-3 victory. The two now clash on the surface in which Rybakina won her only major championship, so things probably seem like they favor her even more here. However, the speed of the courts will make it easier for Svitolina to hold serve. And Rybakina isn’t the greatest returner in the world. So, I’d be pretty surprised if we don’t see two lengthy sets in this match, at the very least. That’s why I’m playing the Over on a game total of 20.5.

Before that lopsided win for Rybakina in Paris, the three previous meetings between these players went Over their totals — with one of them coming in the Olympics, not on the WTA Tour. So, I’m not willing to go away from the Over in this matchup, which has been a very competitive one. Perhaps Rybakina’s grass-court prowess wins out in the end, but that’s fine with me as long as Svitolina shows up.

Bet: Over 20.5 Games (-154)

Old Post 07-10-24 08:36 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: