StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Minny vs Texas
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox Dave
Administrator

Minny vs Texas

Been looking over the board at this game. This game requires some further review. On one hand you have the hot KC Royals with a team record of 14-3 against the slumping 9-9 Twins. All logic would dictate a play in the Royals -135/140. Looks like great value how come I just cannot pull the trigger on the game yet? Anyone see any reason why not to take the "no respect" Royals as a small home fav?

dave

Old Post 04-22-03 08:09 AM
StatFox Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Dave Click here to Send StatFox Dave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
flldtt
StatFox Hall of Famer

I see no reason to not take the royals though i would make it a small play. its a long season and in my opinion the royals are going to cool down and the twins are going to heat up but if anyone knows how to tell when this is going to happen i want them to fill me in. That said, if i play this game it will be a small play on the royals. I find it always better to bet on a streak than against one. and the royals seem to be getting great lines. i don't think they even reached 200 against the tigers!

have a look at my runline thread and tell me what you think

Old Post 04-22-03 08:16 AM
flldtt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flldtt Edit post   Report post
StatFox Dave
Administrator

checking now

dave

Old Post 04-22-03 08:17 AM
StatFox Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Dave Click here to Send StatFox Dave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'd say KC's the play, especially after a day like the Twinkies had today. What the hell, let's play Gomez at 3rd and have him lead off against Boomer, that'll give us a real chance at stealing a game from these Bronx Bombers. So much for Manager of the Year contention.

This team is desperate.

Alternatively, Pena's Royals have it together right now. He's doing a great job. I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep the Twins at home.

Old Post 04-22-03 08:20 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Dave
Administrator

I thought I was the only

one to see that...Twins are in trouble right now..reaching and changing the order never helps a team score more runs.. Kinda looking at the under in that game as well...actually seeing more value in that but still looking

dave

Old Post 04-22-03 08:29 AM
Drock
StatFox Hall of Famer

I would not play KC just for the reason I think they are not really that good. They have played nothing yet this yr. Come on they barley bet Det in a few games. I say the value is on Minn here.

Drock

Old Post 04-22-03 12:29 PM
Drock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drock Click here to Send Drock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: