StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > RUN LINE QUESTION
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
flldtt
StatFox Hall of Famer

RUN LINE QUESTION

I'm looking for opinions on betting the runline with moneyline insurance. For instance, I want to lay a dime on Oakland
-330 tomorrow but the runline was up to -190. This would mean l would bet 77 on the ML to cover my 100 and laying 23 on the RL to win 35. When if I put 100 on the ML I would win 130. So my question is whether betting the RL with insurance is worth it(5 bucks in this case) when even the run line is up so high? All opinions welcome.

Old Post 04-22-03 07:27 AM
flldtt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flldtt Edit post   Report post
StatFox Dave
Administrator

Flldtt

Tell you the truth hard to even think about hedging a system that is winning at 88% or better. Here is the way that i look at.. I have laid 2-1 with locals here with the Un-Tested Royals over the weekend..and trust me laying that vig with the likes of affeldt and Asencio (that guy cannot throw strikes) and the other mutt whatever his name is...isnt the reason why i played them.. I am betting that my team will outscore the punchless tigers. Much to everyone's disgust i track and play teams based on hitting not pitching (Relief Pitching is more important to me than staters). Personally I havent hedged and will not until the "KITTENS" score more than 2.0 runs a game..Best of luck no matter what you decide.

"Bet with you head not over it"

dave

Old Post 04-22-03 08:26 AM
StatFox Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Dave Click here to Send StatFox Dave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Dave
Administrator

well

oops

Old Post 04-22-03 08:33 AM
StatFox Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Dave Click here to Send StatFox Dave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
flldtt
StatFox Hall of Famer

POINT TAKEN

thanks

Old Post 04-22-03 08:37 AM
flldtt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flldtt Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: