StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > StatFox Members Only Forum
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox Rich

StatFox Members Only Forum

Good afternoon gentlemen,

We are currently looking into adding a 3rd 'thread' to the Fox Den Forum that would only be accessible to FoxSheets members.

We'll have a decision in the next few days. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.

Rich

Old Post 04-21-03 12:30 AM
StatFox Rich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Rich Edit post   Report post
Murdock

opinion

why fix it if its not broken? Thats my opinion on the matter.

Old Post 04-21-03 12:32 AM
Murdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Murdock Click here to Send Murdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Murdock

Only joking guys. Its a good idea, then we can share our plays openly with full reasoning. I say lets do it!!!

Old Post 04-21-03 12:34 AM
Murdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Murdock Click here to Send Murdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rpp

small time players

I am a small time player just starting to cap baseball and this open forum is what I am looking for and trying to build to get the Foxsheets and if you goto a private line for subscribers you are going to miss out on many potential customers. Like someone said on the fourm that only 10% of the user actually post on a timely basis. How many people are you going to leave in the dust by going private? just my 2 cents.
Thanks RPP

Old Post 04-21-03 12:46 AM
rpp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpp Click here to Send rpp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
yrraldrib

two forums

I think you need 2 forums. A members forum to discuss exact picks and helping others using The FoxSheets. Then a public forum for general discussion.

Old Post 04-21-03 12:48 AM
yrraldrib is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrraldrib Edit post   Report post
nefarious

I've given it some more thought and now I'm for a members-only forum, but only if us members make a concerted effort to keep the public forum thriving.

Having a place to discuss the proprietary game data will be helpful, but only if it is used correctly. If it turns the forum into a pick-service publication without new ideas and debate, we will have certainly failed. A lot of the discussion and innovation here in the past few weeks has likely been the result of many people having to dig through all of the sheets themselves. If the picks are posted daily, how many of us will actually do this?

Additionally, we'll have to discuss ONLY the FoxSheet data on the private forum, and continue to discuss games in general over here. It's the only way new members and revenue will continue for StatFox -- which we all need in order to continue the improvements in this service (can anyone say earlier updates??).

My 2 cents, revised..

Old Post 04-21-03 12:55 AM
nefarious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nefarious Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

It’s funny how some idiots still haven’t figured out that the entire purpose of these boards is to share information, make picks and help other posters out. So what if two people you don’t like decide to read your information and play your picks, as long as the many people you do like take you advise then that’s all that should matter. I only bother coming here these days to make picks in Vig’s tournament, personally I given up trying to reason with the posters here anymore, so if people are going to act like morons, I might as well play along and act like a moron as well.

This place has become less handicapping talk and has taken on the form of a drama queen yahoo.com love-line chat room. This place used to be a good place to exchange information to help other people decide whether or not they should make picks, now it’s just post the name of the team your picking now, and if it wins wave your d1ck in everyone elses faces later and tell them that “you told them so”. These boards the last 5 months have been less information sharing and more ‘Me, Me, Me, look at me, I’m better than everyone else, you suck.’

I tried to break the mould a little last year with the NHL and NFL last year with lengty write-ups and reasons on why I think a team would win, hoping (and welcoming) that others would comeback with information agreeing with me or disagreeing with me and in return hopefully helping me out a little bit………....no dice. These days you try to question someone elses picks or methods and they start to cry and whine and then they beg Statfox to ban him for life or else they’ll cancel their subscription and never post again. It’s not us vs. each other, it’s us vs. the books.

.A new message board really does no good, firstly because chances are many of the subscribers who didn’t want to post on here probably still won’t want to post here, and secondly because many of the ones who want the new board are mostly the ones who don’t contribute any good information anyway. So unless your idea of good premium information sharing is how many stars one team has over another on a spreadsheet, then the new place is going to be not going to be different than this place.

The funny thing is that I honestly think that the real underlying reason why people on here who want a new board is because they actually think that a new board will make their opinions more important than the people who don’t post there, and that it will help increase their bankroll. Fat chance.

Old Post 04-21-03 02:29 AM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I have to agree with much that Sybil said (jk CJB). This is suppose to be about beating the man as I said with one of my first posts.

I have to say I don't mean to offend anyone here and I will apologize now if I do.

Hubris -exagerated pride or self-confidence

Hubris or vanity is the worst demon that is popping up here. The thought that Vegas might actually be worried about any kind of system here is insanity. Again, no disrespect meant and all the luck in the world to you. I can't play bases because of my business situation. Trust me, IT'S KILLING ME!

I have come across many talents in the gambling community on both sides of the counter. Legal and otherwize also. Statfox has been buds of many in the service community. The veterans of this forum know of what I speak. These idiots are doing know better with the knowledge now than before. (Vegas Sports)

Many who post here would not have been exposed or entered into this forum if asked to answer (pay a toll) at the bridge.

God help everyone if Nick's computer broke or if he was stricken with carpal tunnel syndrome. You guys are obviously adjusting on the fly quite well.

You guys had one SMALL mix-up today and your flipping out. There will be more bumps ahead. Statfox is constantly trying to remind everyone here of what they are offering. It's a tool. One of many.

It really doesn't matter to me what happens. Honestly. I have built up (what I believe) to be relationships with others here. I will be buying the sheets for football. Will be leary of a closed forum. If things don't go so well, no answers and panic. I think the forum should be like the net, free and open discussion.

As for idiots entering the forum and posting.....

PRETTY DAMN AMAZING SINCE THE THREE FOX DUDES APPEAR AND NO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sincerly good luck to all and respect the flame.

Old Post 04-21-03 02:53 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Rpp I beg to differ

If you are a small time player then you need the sheets and you need to stop relying on everyone else.

The sheets are not that much. They are one helluva good deal and I personally think if there is a "private" board StatFox will get more paying clients. They'll want to pay just to see some of the selections, systems, and reasoning some of these very smart son-of-a-guns have come up with.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 02:54 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
Ragtop
StatFox Hall of Famer

Members Thread

There appears to be some valid pros and cons to the addition of a third members only thread. If we are to share the knowledge as was the orginal intent of this forum, we are now somewhat restricted because of the fact that many nonpaying members can get free infromation, while others are paying the freight for everyones pleasure who are visiting the site. This was always the case to some degree, however with the great success of Nicks star system in MLB the forum appears to have become a lurkers paradise and freeloaders haven. Even with the members honoring Statfoxs request to reframe from posting/discussing the star system selections until after the games have started, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out what the top plays are by just reading the baseball selections of the members. Statfox and its members have become in a way, victims of their own success. From a business standpoint, I really don't see where Statfox can now afford not to take some type of remedial action in order to protect its product (Sports Infromation) that it makes available to its members for a fee. Its just like they say about the Pro cappers/services, if they are that good the word will get around and it really appears to me that Statfox and the infromation they supply is that good and worth every cent a member is paying for it. I really don't see where Statfox has any other choice and if the service is improved because of it, even better. I for one will reup my membership if or when a members only forum/thread is added because I feel that it will be worth every cent.

Old Post 04-21-03 03:50 AM
Ragtop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ragtop Click here to Send Ragtop a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Agree with CJB

I never thought I would say that but besides the idiots and all that I agree with most of what he is saying. I can only see a members only board lessening the number of posters on this board and that should hurt getting more members for thesheets. The problem with a members area is if you do not have members proving in real numbers that their picks are worthwhile on the free board then why should anyone trust that the picks are real or not. I am talking about a new prospective client of the sheets. If Nick had not proved that the star system he uses was not totally legit on this board and had kept it to a members only board that would have hurt memberships. Also, the Vig tourney. Look at the great cappers. That helps put some faith in purchasers seeing that we, not me lately, can actually use the sheets to do well. I know that is going nowhere but major discussions on the sheets and trends need to be here so future buyers can see it all. The members area will change the value of this board. The quality of information will be lessened because members will tend to chat with each other in the members area. Sometimes people need to see that the product is working to get the push to go and get it. I think that will be lessened by a members board. You cannot just come here and say, I did great using The FoxSheets without lots of discussion on this board so new buyers can see it and get excited. If it must be it must be. I say it is a bad idea.

Old Post 04-21-03 04:03 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

BB what's next? Hell freezing over? Female president? Cub's winning the world series?

Separate forums will die eventually. You can see examples of this elsewhere on the net. Make the whole forum one way or the other. Also, can we all please stop worrying about Statfox's financial situation? I'm sure they're more than capable of keeping their own fiscal house in order.

Old Post 04-21-03 04:11 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

My most important post ever!

Let it be known that I never actually, by thought or physical contact, kissed up to CJB. I didn't even dry hump his leg.

Old Post 04-21-03 04:27 AM
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not a doubt in my mind Statfox sells more memberships if there is a private forum. There is no need for most lurkers to buy the sheets when so much of the info is giving freely.

If Statfox promoted the private forum AND the sheets they would see a nice increase in people buying the sheets.

Think about it, if a person has been a member for this board for a month or longer and they have not bought the sheets then what makes you think they will buy them now? They won't when they can get the best handicapping minds for free.

I am amazed at the talent on this board but would NEVER get this for free. I am a business owner and understand getting what you pay for and giving what is paid for.

Hey!! That's an idea. Give these people one month of free access to this board. After that they need to sign up for the sheets or they are gone. That would weed out the free loaders.

A funny thing happens in business, when you give these for free people will take it but eventually if they have to buy what they like they will. If you just continue to give it for free (great info.) then why should they buy it.

You all got to know that many many people on this board are only here for some free picks and advice. That sucks.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 06:05 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
nasche

Yes separate the payers

Breadbox, not to start an argument but I don't think we are that worried about statfox and their bottom line. I think what we are most concerned about is that we can not share freely the info that we get from statfox without being in trouble from above...we need a place that info from the sheets can be shared without ramifications...MY VOTE IS FOR A NEW FORUM...period.

Old Post 04-21-03 06:10 AM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
nasche

Sorry meant breadman...

oops

Old Post 04-21-03 06:12 AM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

:::If Statfox promoted the private forum AND the sheets they would see a nice increase in people buying the sheets.:::

that's a joke

Old Post 04-21-03 06:33 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

I hope you are taking into opinion the number of posts each member has that is giving their feelings on this subject. If you look, the majority of the people that post alot on the boards prefer it to stay free. It seems this has become too much about Nicks Star System. Everyone knows the majority of plays have been on teams going against Detroit. This may change it is still a system in its infancy. It works quite well to this point. To be statiscally valid it would need hundreds, maybe thousands of baseball games run through it.

If you go to a members only board, with Vig's contest the picks will still be there for the taking. Are you going to shut that down too. Look at the cappers there. The top guy is picking many games a day and tearing the books apart. He admitted to not being a statfox member. I just think the guys that spend the most time posting on the boards and interacting with everyone should be taken into strong consideration. Most of the people that are for a board do not post much to the board as it is.

The MOST important thing is that CJB, Breadman and I agree on something. I think Ragtop is pretty close with us on this one too. That is a miracle in itself and has to go for something, LOL!

Old Post 04-21-03 06:35 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It is amazing that people can't see why having a private forum and promoting that forum and the sheets would increase subscriptions to the sheets. I guess not everyone here has a business mind.

When you give something for free that is very valuable and NEVER ask for anything in return you'll have many take advantage of it. Almost any business owner will tell you that.

Currently there is no reason for people that find this forum and just want some picks to buy the sheets. And don't kid yourself, there are many that do just that.

I for one wish I would have come up with what StatFox has. I would make it impossible after a month for anyone to have access to the members forum unless they paid for the sheets.

I would be willing to make a nice little bet that that would increase the membership rate.

As far as people still doubting the Nicks Star System. What in the world do you people need for you to be a believer!!! Oh my God!!

The system is 20-2 this year and I think something like 57-9 since last August. It has never lost two days in a row!! What do you need?

People saying that it has picked some of the Detroit games, so it still hasn't proven itself is much like saying a horse handicapping system that picks lots of winners but they are favorites and therefore not a great system is ridiculous.

Anyway, I'll be happy with whatever StatFox decides to do. On principle alone I believe there should be a forum for just paying members. If that doesn't happen then so be it.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 06:45 AM
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

People are going to subscribe to the statfox sheets based on whether or not they find the information in the sheets useful, not based on their message board.

Old Post 04-21-03 06:58 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: