StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Hurtin today
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
nasche

Hurtin today

Chalk one up to a learning day...so far. Went with the yanks under (so many stars favored it). Also tried to scoot in on CSW not a nick star rating but thought just maybe...looked good but so far, can't quit my day job. Hope everyone else is doing better.

Old Post 04-21-03 09:00 PM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Yankees are a scoring machine.

Betting the under in their games is suicide.

I'm not big on totals anyway. Unless a couple of human gas cans are pitching, with a tired and lousy bull to back them up, and with a closer by committee. Add in a over dominant umpire with a strike zone the size of a postage stamp, and wind blowing out left/center at 25+ mph, then I might consider the over.

GoodLuck

Old Post 04-21-03 11:58 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nasche

yeppers

just seemed like wells would keep them at bay...and he did. The stars showed under and last outing with the two 2-0...could have been different. Painfull lessen but well learned...go yanks make us some money.

Old Post 04-22-03 12:21 AM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Keep your chin up.

Yankees are a cash cow, especially against teams they historically dominate. Take a long hard look at laying 1.5 runs in their road games in addition to playing the ML.

They have 2 components I look for...

Talent (arguably the most talented team in the world -look what they did without Jeter!)

Focus (reason to play hard, records are made to be broken)

Old Post 04-22-03 12:32 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

.......better to have lost and learned than to have lost!!!

Old Post 04-22-03 12:34 AM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nasche

good words

I hope that others learn from my mistakes also. It seemed as though the stars were all in line and with the hitters out...well! next time I will remember that the Yanks are hitters no matter what. not much more to say other than 0-2 today but seem to think the suns can keep it close. Thanks to all for the support and knowledge in these rooms...much better days to come.
No worries about the chin up...I am a conservative player and wish to keep the bankroll in the down days...no greedyness here. But go suns...:)

Old Post 04-22-03 01:28 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: