StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > See you all at the bottom of Vigs tourney!
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

See you all at the bottom of Vigs tourney!

I think I found last place with my 0-5 -25 units day. OUCHIE! I actually went 0-6 today and the closest any team i bet got was Detroit losing in the ninth. What a terrible day. I knew something was wrong when I was posting my picks on two hours sleep. No excuse, just trying to pick a dog. Proved that winning game number 3 in a row is very very tough when Oakland lost today. I may just start betting the dogs in those games. I have lost SOOO many on teams going for their 3rd win in a row this year. 1-2 is good, 2-3 is terrible, 3-4 is good up to this point of the season. I need to sit down and do some serious studying on this one night. Should not take long. Tommorrow if I feel better I will get on it. Not tonight got a bit of a cold along with the rest of the family. Miserable around here. Skipped the family Easter gathering this year cuz of rain and illnesses. Texas sure is awful for its pollen and ragweed this time of year.

Old Post 04-21-03 06:44 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Oakland and St. Louis stopped me from having a GREAT day but that's the way it goes.

You have some balls betting on Detroit! Even though they almost pulled it off I think you either bet against them (every day actually) or you don't play the game.

It seems to me the real money made in baseball is on the favorites. Selectively of course. I have done nice on some dogs but the favs are so much easier to bet, especially a good team that has a good pitching advantage. Almost like printing money!!

So far if a person was to have just bet the Yanks, against Detroit, and Nicks Star System you would have done incredibly well. The Giants have been nice also. Passed tonight because a gut feeling just said the Dodgers were due.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 06:51 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

DevilDog

When it came to betting on Detroit I did not lay alot down. Just a small bet and a teaser with Oakland who did not help me much either. The only reason that I got bold and bet them was the pitcher and they have been starting to hit the ball just a tad bit better. They would have won if they did not have the young infield commit 3 errors. They had many shots today. I think the pitch today Muerle(sp) is their best shot at winning a game. I know when you read my post over on the members board this is not gonna mean much but we can still talk baseball and disagree on the members board. I was harsh the last time I replied to you. I am on light sleep right now and sick to go with it and I think I am become very opinionated in my old age. Hopefully, you understand a little bit of where I am coming from. Either way, back to baseball. I had thought Oakland had gotten their bats on track and today 1 run. I guess they got tired of killing the ball the last two games. I have to do some research. Trying to win the 3rd game during a small win streak has been a tough challenge for teams this season. I have been watching this close and mentioned it when I made my picks today on Oakland. Should have listened to the inner voice. I picked the others because they seemed pretty evenly matched. They sure did not end up that way. Bad day, there is always another one in baseball and another and another and another. Ok, gotta find something useful to do. Take it easy.

Old Post 04-21-03 12:46 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: