StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The sharp money is on ffffffffffire ! ! !
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Midas
Banned User

The sharp money is on ffffffffffire ! ! !

This is unbelievable.

I woke up early this morning to find out what the sharp money was up to. There were 7 totals that moved early.

They were :

Cincinnati / Philadelphia over 9
Milwaukee / Pittsburgh under 8.5
Arizona/Colorado over 12.5
Toronto/Cleveland over 9.5
White Sox/Baltimore under 8.5
Tampa Bay/Kansas City under 10
Texas/Minnesota over 10

They hit all of them : a perfect 7-0.

I wish I parlayed them all.

Old Post 05-14-05 05:40 AM
Midas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midas Click here to Send Midas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brandonhop33
FoxDen Hall of Famer

is smart money the same as touts? how do they decide who is smart?

Old Post 05-14-05 05:45 AM
brandonhop33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandonhop33 Click here to Send brandonhop33 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Wish you posted them as soon as you found out this morning. That would be a great help.

Now? Nada... Zip...

Old Post 05-14-05 05:47 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Midas
Banned User

Eventhough the sharp money can strike at anytime, they do strike early in the morning when there is value on the board.

The move is usually sudden and significant : the classic sign of a sharp money attack.

Old Post 05-14-05 05:48 AM
Midas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midas Click here to Send Midas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Midas
Banned User

bigdadi

I didn't play them because never in my wildest dreams would I have thought they would hit them all.

I will be keeping a closer eye on them from now on.

Old Post 05-14-05 05:50 AM
lt7817

How can you tell if the money line moves sharply? by how much? I can keep track with those numbers. Just let me know. Thanks. So scary about PHO. They are coming back...

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 05:51 AM
lt7817 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lt7817 Click here to Send lt7817 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Usually I saw the totals line move during the time 11am - 1pm eastern time. That one move is a good indication of results.

Old Post 05-14-05 06:02 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lt7817

Please give me one example

Here are the lines:

14May05 BB-901 STL M MULDER -L +102 Over 7 -105 +1½ -205
01:10 PM BB-902 NYM P MARTINEZ -R -112 Under 7 -115 -1½ +175

14May05 BB-903 SFO B TOMKO -R +155 Over 7½ -105 +1½ -155
07:05 PM BB-904 HOU R CLEMENS -R -165 Under 7½ -115 -1½ +135

If tomorrow, I check the line again and I see that STL +110 and NYM -100. What does this mean? Who will win? I just want to be clear, because I have lots of time in the world to keep record of a particular site and some other sites. So, please teach me this method and we'll all make money. Thanks.

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 06:20 AM
lt7817 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lt7817 Click here to Send lt7817 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Midas reminds me ...

So I tracked back today's line move

Found Friday's "Significant" Total Move ...

Home Team Move Result
--------- ----- -------
PHL Over Over(W)
PIT Under Under(W)
DET Under RainOut
K.C. Under Under(W)
OAK Under Playing
SEA Under Over(L)

Old Post 05-14-05 06:20 AM
Midas
Banned User

Tracking sharp money action is not an exact science. It is also a matter of personal interpretation.

You can get sucked in really easily and become obsessed with them, lol. It is fine when you use sharp money moves as a confirmation tool and find out whether one of your plays you capped happens to be also a sharp money play.

Old Post 05-14-05 06:28 AM
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Being the first game of the series, I would suspect that some heavy hitters are tracking the Ump's movement/rotation.

Not surprised by this line movement or result. You won't find this tomorrow.

Keep an eye on the future first games of series for more fun!!!

Old Post 05-14-05 06:45 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
z24skibum
StatFox Hall of Famer

JD

That Umpire info is not available until 15 minutes before the games start. Usually that's the case in most first games of the series, but after that, that info is readily available hours before gametime. Don't know if you knew that or not.

Old Post 05-14-05 08:44 AM
z24skibum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24skibum Click here to Send z24skibum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Yes, I knew.

I spent 4 months a couple of years ago, tracking Umpires movements from ballpark to ballpark looking for patterns.

What I learned, is that umpires work in teams. These teams are regionally based. For example you might have 3-4 teams working the west coast, 3-4 working the midwest, etc. The teams just don't typically leave their region. The teams continue their rotation, HP>3B>2B>1B, from ballpark to ballpark. Team members rarely take vacations at the same time. Usually, there are substitution umps who fill in. These are the umps who have very few HP games.

Having an educated guess as to who is umping HP on the first game of a series is not impossible, and certainly worth the effort to track, if you are looking for an edge over nearly everyone else.

I believe that some of this information is leaked, and the books quickly adjust early in the day.

Hope this helps.

JustDave

Old Post 05-14-05 09:36 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
357vegas
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bigdadi

Where did you go to see the line movement?

Old Post 05-14-05 09:36 AM
357vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 357vegas Click here to Send 357vegas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

http://www.fastodds.com/odds/mlb/index.shtml

This is a great (free) resource for line movement.

Old Post 05-14-05 09:43 AM
357vegas
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the info JustDave.

Old Post 05-14-05 09:52 AM
357vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 357vegas Click here to Send 357vegas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

http://www.wagerline.com/mlb.asp

On the right of each game, there's a "line move" link telling the history.

Old Post 05-14-05 12:31 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

If I used SportsInsights to screen them out, the Boston/Seattle won't be in significant move.

Old Post 05-14-05 12:32 PM
Midas
Banned User

Today's action

There are 3 totals the sharp money is in love with today.

They are :

Boston/Seattle over 9
NY Yankees/Oakland over 9
Florida/San Diego over 7

Caution here, guys. They may have gotten lucky last night and even the sharp money has bad days so proceed with caution.

Old Post 05-14-05 07:13 PM
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

How does the casual observer tell the dfference between a sharp money move and a John Q Public move??

Old Post 05-14-05 07:44 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: