StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NBA Saturday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lt7817

NBA Saturday

Here is my selection:

WAS +3
WAS OVER 205

I know you will get 1 right, 1 wrong on this one. Any thoughts? I think:

MIA -3
WAS OVER 205

Any suggestions?

For baseball, this is what I got:

5 Units on Houston Astros -170 (Tomko - R, Clemens - R)

4 Units on Cincinnati Reds +125 (Harang - R, Wolf - L)

4 Units on Pittsburgh Pirates -116 (Santos - R, Redman - L)

At least one right in here, any thoughts?

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 06:05 PM
lt7817 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lt7817 Click here to Send lt7817 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BobbyBraveheart

Those baseball games are tough, they all start at the same time so we can't even really eliminate a game he gets right or wrong in the afternoon. Houston should win their game, I'm not sure about the other two.

NBA is tough as well. I was actually thinking Miami -3 and the under but if one of those will be right then I think you're right, Miami -3 and the over. If Washington wins the game has to go over, and that would mean he'd get both plays right. Hmmm, tough one.

Do you know how many plays he'll be taking tomrrow? Will it be more than 3 since there's 3 games?

Old Post 05-14-05 06:20 PM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
lt7817

If he gives 4 games, only 1 is right. If he gives 5 games, 2 right. But, no way that he will give you 2 rights today, guarantee! Either WAS and Under or MIA and the OVER. Pick one set.

Also, I'm looking at some other guys' records and I can confirm with you all that it's going to be OVER Mia tonite. The guy gave all losing games on weekdays, and now he's giving OVER MIA.

Also, another guy gave me FL tonite and I'll go AGAINST this guy. I'll take SD. So, here are the games that I'll be playing tonite.

MIA
OVER Mia
Tor
SD

Any thoughts?

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 06:31 PM
lt7817 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lt7817 Click here to Send lt7817 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BobbyBraveheart

Looks good, I'm on the Jays myself this afternoon.

Another thing to think about for NBA (may not apply to today) is there hasn't been an overtime game yet in round 2.....I figure there will definelty be one overtime game out of the game 4's. Not too sure but I feel one is coming.

Old Post 05-14-05 06:36 PM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

For baseball, if 1W 2L and start same time then you flip them and play all 3, should return 2W 1L ... profit

For basketball, if you have 2 sets MIA & Ovr or WAS & Und ... either you play 2 parlays to make a profit or just take MIA & Ovr ...

Old Post 05-14-05 06:43 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lt7817

You are right about the parlay. I was going to do it too, but I'm really sure that it'll be over (under 1st half, over 2nd half and over the game). Besides, another guy gave me Over Mia just for the confirmation. So, I just parlayed:

SD
MIA (money line)
Tor

How come I can't parlay Mia Over? How can I fix this problem? I'm with Pinny.

LT

Very hard on baseball. This is what I get from the guy. Mon to Weds, I got more wrongs than from Thurs to Suns. So, it's like a reverse. But, in baseball, he could give you all wrong in one day from Mons to Weds, and all rights from Thurs to Suns. One of the days. So, I use his tips just to analyze the other guys' picks, not to go for or against him.

Old Post 05-14-05 06:51 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

In Pinny there is a "Parlay Button" to press in order to view spread.

Old Post 05-14-05 07:10 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lt7817

But, they won't let me parlay MIA and OVER MIA. How come?

I clicked on Parlay button, and select NBA. Press Continue button. Then select Mia and Over Mia. Then Continue, but I got an error. Why?

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 07:18 PM
arewson
Banned User

Probably because they know you have a winnner! lol
Seriously you should be able to parlay side and over.

Old Post 05-14-05 07:20 PM
arewson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arewson Click here to Send arewson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

I went to Pinnacle and tried that parlay, it works!

After you pressed PARLAY button, next page select MLB & NBA, next page scroll down, click MIA & Over, went back to top or bottom of page, click 'Continue' and it comes out the parlay and ask you input how much.

Old Post 05-14-05 07:31 PM
lt7817

What do they mean by Round Robin? 2's x 3 and 3's x 1?

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 07:33 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Round Robin is just mutiple parlays, small ones & 1 big one

Example:
3 teams Round Robin has 3 x 2 teamer parlay and 1 x 3 teamer parlay
A, B, C

Parlay #1 A+B
Parlay #2 A+C
Parlay #3 B+C
Parlay #4 A+B+C

4 teams : 6 x 2er, 4 x 3er, 1 x 4er. ...
A+B
A+C
A+D
B+C
B+D
C+D
A+B+C
A+B+D
A+C+D
B+C+D
A+B+C+D

Old Post 05-14-05 07:39 PM
lt7817

Thanks.

Old Post 05-14-05 08:05 PM
BobbyBraveheart

LT

If you combine this guys baseball plays with RD's system you get a card of the following assuming that this guy will only get 1 of 3 right

Pittsburg -115
Philly -139
San Fran +150

Taken from combining:

RD - Bet against Cincy +165 (Game 1)
HF - Bet on PITT -120 (Game 4)
HF - Bet on CLEVE -145 (Game 1)
RD - Bet against Balt +120 (Game 3)
HF - Bet on KC -110 (Game 1)
*RD - Bet against Texas +125 (Game 1)
*HF - Bet on MINN -135 (Game 2)

5 Units on Houston Astros -170 (Tomko - R, Clemens - R)

4 Units on Cincinnati Reds +125 (Harang - R, Wolf - L)

4 Units on Pittsburgh Pirates -116 (Santos - R, Redman - L)

Anyways just thought I'd post it, think I'll just leave it alone but I'm interested to see how it does. Go Jays

Old Post 05-14-05 08:13 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

OLY current line

Miami -2.5

Old Post 05-14-05 08:36 PM
lt7817

I think Pitt would win too. But, let's see. I have Tor, Mia, SD, and OVer Mia. I think that would be enough for a day. I don't want to play hard on weekends, because LV is controlling every point and my heart is pumping up and down.

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 08:39 PM
lt7817

Go against ARI

I was going to play just four games today, but I have this sucker gave me ARI. This sucker gave me all right games since Monday, and since he's a sucker, I'll go against him tonite. Must play to believe it! I'm waiting for this sucker all morning to get his play, so that I can go against him. He finally shows me the love. I won't play from Pinny for this one. I'll play with my local guy here. Let them have the love from last nite, because he didn't let me play. For some reason, bookies don't like me. Oh well, I just want to make a living, not much just as everyone in here. Do you get restrictions from Pinny on how much you can play? I do.

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 09:01 PM
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Bobby Braveheart

Those picks you gave were from yesterday, here are today's ...

5/14 Plays:

HF - Bet on HOU -165 (Game 2)
RF - Bet on Cubs -112 (Game 2)
HF - Bet on MINN -112 (Game 3)

SPECIAL NOTE
Even though the Pirates lost an official HF 4 game series I am going to play them again today. They have started out this year 0-6 as a home fav and I am willing to chase them at least one more game. In addition, the two HF series losses last year (White Sox & Toronto) BOTH won their 5th game (after 6 home losses in a row) so there is some precedent there as well.

Old Post 05-14-05 09:09 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

How bad can a 'Bruised Thigh' can go?

Shaq is having a bruised right thigh that has bothered him since
the last month of the regular season.

Why does it take so long to heal? Is this a smoke screen to cool the lines down or what?

Old Post 05-14-05 09:41 PM
lt7817

Well, all I know is that WAS will win 1st half, making those who bet on Mia to freak out and letting those who bet on WAS to bet more. Love will come and hopefully good love will come to me!!! My first parlay:

SD
MIA
OVER
COL

$100 for $1000+

LT

Old Post 05-14-05 09:48 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: