StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Jake's Horses Sat Mar 29
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Jake's Horses Sat Mar 29

Was

Old Post 03-29-03 07:57 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Sorry.....

thought my 1st post of 1st race at Woodbine went through, and when I realized it didn't I went to try again, "was trying to post earlier but the Post New Message didn't come up...."

Old Post 03-29-03 08:11 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fatboy

I HAVE A HORSE AT TAMPA DOWNS TOMORROW BUT TURF ONLY I WILL POST IT TOMORROW IF IT COMES OFF THE TURF MOST LIKELY IT WILL SCRATCH ANYWAY.

Old Post 03-29-03 08:56 PM
fatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatboy Edit post   Report post
fatboy

JAKE HERE IS ONE FOR TODAY SMALL WAGER LAST RACE AT GULFSTREAM.

Vive Bene (KY)
Manoel R. Cruz
Lewis Schassel 3 Colt 122
Christophe Clement
Normandy Farm 8/1

Old Post 03-29-03 09:02 PM
fatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatboy Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Speaking of horses. I had one win yesterday. I own a percent in Miss Barbara Ray. She broke her maiden at Turfway yesterday. Wanted to bet her but she was a little low.

Like the Clement horse. He is a hell of a trainer. I have had to lay off the horses for a while because I just cannot seem to crack that nut. Sticking to college bball and some baseball when it comes.

Old Post 03-29-03 10:30 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

fatboy.....

after trying to post up the 1st at Woodbine, and having problems with the posting, we had company come by, one thing lead to another etc. Anyways the one at Woodbine did win and paid $14.10/3.90/2.50. Did have it posted at another site on their Horse Forum, so here's the copy and paste from there. Hope it comes out properly.

Jake DeNiro

Jake's Horses Sat Mar 29
Woodbine
=======
1st.....#5 Northern Turnstone

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-29-2003 07:52 AM

Funny you should mention the last race at Gulfstream, because I like many in that race, and my buddy and I got together this morning and decided to play a Tri just on that race. The only thing is we don't have your horse in there....E-eee-K. I personally keep going back to the 9 Hanna's Kat, a reclaim for the owner/breeder, blinkers on, high % trainer, showed early speed last outing. Horse is rising way above, just to make sure the owner/breeder doesn't have the colt claimed again, but the question is, is this colt her ####en pet? As you probably know, this does happen. I'm not afraid of the apprentice jock, what experience do you need if you can get your horse out of the gate and up front running, hang on baby. By experience I mean getting behind a horse or in traffic, getting in trouble etc. Surely hope he/she knows well enough as to how to set the pace. We'll see. The one that we keyed is the 3 Certam Sweep. What we have going is
========================================
======Key (3)/1-4-9-10/1-2-4-9-10
1-4-9-10/(3)/1-2-4-9-10
1-4-9-10/1-2-4-9-10/(3)

and, myself being an angle player as that's where I've made money, I personally bet the 9 Win/Show. We'll see.....GL and thanks

Old Post 03-29-03 11:06 PM
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

bbaffert

with the name I was always meaning to ask you what your interest in horses, if any was? Good Stuff....don't believe there's many horse players in the forum. GL

Old Post 03-29-03 11:12 PM
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Can't get on here today....

my buddy called, and our Tri at Gulfstream is off because of scratches, but I've still Win/Show on 9 Hanna's Kat.

Old Post 03-29-03 11:47 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Hey Jake!

Been loving the horses for many years now. I own portions of 4 horses now. Two are just turned 3 and have run in $50K and $100K stakes races so far. One is Choctaw Charlie he finished 4th in the $100K but has had a few injury setbacks since then. He is out of Indian Charlie and broke his maiden in his second start. I have one Cinammon Light who is having hell. I am into her for alot of money but she is just a 4 year old maiden STILL. She is getting close though. Moved her from NY to Florida and she should start at Calder. Had my other 3 year old baby girl win her maiden race the other day by 9 3/4 lenghts in a 5 1/2 furlong race. She was due. She was the most expensive of three horses and she had to drop into md claim to win. Either way, maybe she woke up now.

As far as betting. I have stopped messing with horse betting right now. I lost quite a bit in the first 2 months of the year and had to take some time away. I have good runs but they are always followed by bad runs. I get beat by noses out of Pick 3's and 4's all the damn time. I have read every book and tried everything but it is just tough for me. I am sure I will give it another run in the near future. I did bet on the Clement horse to win and place yesterday. Got some place money. Small profit but something. If I hear any news about one of my horses, like they are ready to run extremely well and are going for the win, I will post it.

Old Post 03-31-03 12:32 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

bbaffert.....

good stuff.....it's something that I have always wanted to do, own a horse, but.....maybe some day. I love the track.....especially the capping. I lost so much money at the track over the years that I could have bought a Kentucky Derby winner for sure. Realizing that, I'll be playing until the day I die, I finally took a stand and bought every book I could get my hands on to educate myself. That was years ago, and you know how long it takes to find out what works and what doesn't.....that takes years. Was it worth it, without a doubt. Just the fact of trying to educate myself instead of just betting fav's or just gambling away money. Now when I put money down on a horse, I'll give you every reason why without hesitation. I'm an angle player which has paid me some real nice prices. I could actually spend ? hour's writing about diffferent angles, that have paid off real well. Some angles that I use, I have never seen in a book, just came across them by keeping track of the most important guy's/gal's "the trainers". Before they started listing the trainer's info in the form, I was doing or keeping track of that on my own. I bet one in the same race that you had bet, actually FatBoy had mentioned the horse that got 2nd. But an angle/play that I have played many times and cashed large $ many times was Maiden Claiming/Owner-Breeder/reclaim etc. The horse after leading all the way ended up dead last. Would I bet that again.....without a doubt. I can now say that I have after many many years of "gambling"..... without a real opinion or reason why I'm laying down my hard earned money, to say that I have finally found two sports that I'm real comfortable with.....the Horses, for awhile now, and the NBA the last 4 years. Let me tell you it's a real nice feeling now that people who I personally know, no longer look at me as a race track bum.....a loser, because that's the way most people look at people who attend the track regularly, they lose respect for you. It's a real pleasure now to be able to give my very honest/comfortable opinion to friends when they ask for it when they're going to the track. I don't like saying where I live, but it was a pleasure to be invited to our home track with a very large group of media type people just to give some picks. Anyway's.....enough already, GL with your horses, and we'll talk again. Thanks

Old Post 03-31-03 02:40 AM
fatboy

Wel yesterday my horse placed and paid $6.60 and today as it figured they came off the grass and they scratched the horse but keep an eye on this horse GRASS only she will run at Tampa bay downs her name is Comedy Club so next time on the grass only place a small wager on her
GL

fatboy

Old Post 03-31-03 04:34 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: