StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Tulsa / Tulane
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
flipdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tulsa / Tulane

Todd Graham has done wonderful things for the golden hurricane over the past two seasons. With an electrifying offense that averaged (47.2) PPG LY I expect much of the same efforts this year.

Although Tulsa lost starting QBs and RB they should be able to get back on track, as they have done in the past (past 5 years have averaged no less than 28 PPG). Although there isn't a set starter in place in the QB position for the hurricane, I see no reason why Kinne or Bower will not be able to step up and run the offense. Especially considering the new QB will have 3 returning WR's that are familiar with the offense and run it to a T.

Williams who will be stepping up and taking the full slate of rush opportunities, should have no problems with a very dismal green wave rush defense who let up an average of (218.4) YPG. To add to that nightmare of a stat in 6 of 10 losses the Wave gave up (41) PPG or more. With Tulsa having the high powered fast moving offense it should be a very long 60 minutes for the Wave.

The only way that I see Tulane slowing down Tulsa is either A.) an incredibly poor display by the hurricane at QB (which I can't see being to bad considering they have 3 guys fighting for the position. or B.) is to pound the run and control the clock. Choice B is going to be easier said than done however, as the Wave averaged a very poor (118.4) RYPG. Not to mention they only averaged (16.7) PPG last year.

With Tulsa having the CUSA title in mind I expect a rout just like last years 56-7 blowout. Not to mention Bob Toledo is an absolutely gross (4-12) in conference play. I see no reason how the hurricane will win by less than 14 points. Even though this may be a joe public selection I see Tulsa coming out on fire. IMO the game line is set to low, possibly because of the losses of 2 big position players for the cane.

Play On - Favorites of 10.5 to 21 points (TULSA) - solid team from last season - outgaining their opponents by 75 or more yards/game.
(38-10 over the last 5 seasons.) (79.2%, +27 units. Rating = 4*)

The straight up record of the team this system pertains to is : (47-1 over the last 5 seasons.)
The average line posted in these games was: Team favored by 16
The average score in these games was: Team 39.5, Opponent 13.1 (Average point differential = +26.5)
The number of games in which this system covered the spread by 7 or more points was 30 (63.8% of all games.)

The situation's record this season is: (0-0).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (20-4).

Play Against - Any team (TULANE) - in the first week of the season, after closing out last season with 5 or more straight losses, with an experienced QB returning as starter, in the first two weeks of the season.
(37-11 over the last 10 seasons.) (77.1%, +24.9 units. Rating = 3*)

The straight up record of the team this system pertains to is : (42-7 over the last 10 seasons.)
The average line posted in these games was: Team favored by 13.4
The average score in these games was: Team 34.6, Opponent 15.6 (Average point differential = +19)
The number of games in which this system covered the spread by 7 or more points was 23 (46.9% of all games.)

The situation's record this season is: (0-0).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (16-1).
Over the last 5 seasons the situation's record is: (18-3).

2* Tulsa (-13.5)

BOL

Old Post 09-03-09 04:54 AM
flipdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipdog Click here to Send flipdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: