StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Wagering Strategy that was actually fun.
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Computer Guru

Wagering Strategy that was actually fun.

I was reading a post about a 4-team parlay with the big favorites today and it brought back memories of what my buddies and I used to do years ago with college & pro football.

It was 4 of us and we were each responsible for picking 1 game per day. We would each put up $25 to make a $100 4-team parlay. The fun part was that the loser(s) of their game had to pay the winners $25, so that as long as you got your game right, the worst you were going to do was break even.

The most an individual ever had at risk was $100 ($25 for the parlay and if the "group" went 3-1, the 1 loser would have to pay the 3 winners $25 each).

In theory, this "strategy" would work for any size parlay.

Old Post 05-10-07 06:43 PM
Computer Guru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Computer Guru Click here to Send Computer Guru a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

So how did that work out for all of you long term?

Old Post 05-10-07 07:15 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: