StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NBA playoff thoughts tonight?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

NBA playoff thoughts tonight?

Phoenix at +9 looks like good value

Anyone have any other thoughts or opinions on any other games?

Old Post 04-21-03 09:44 PM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

Utah +9 might not be bad either. Utah hasn't lost by 9 against Sacramento 9 out of their last 10 games. That blues they've played in Sacramento their last 2 games and have lost, the law of averages may suggest that Utah may be due?

Old Post 04-21-03 09:50 PM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Right now I'm liking (just thinking)

SA and under
Indy under
Utah and under

I'll get it down to 2 or 3 plays

Really think SA is a wounded bear tonight. Phoenix offense very erratic and can be stopped by strong defensive effort by the awakened Spurs.

In the Utah game, most likely not going to see the turnovers yet the line is basically the same as the last game (esp the total). Tells me to expect an intense playoff game were both teams now have a better feel for each other and defense will be prevalent.

Old Post 04-21-03 10:03 PM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Indy and under

Old Post 04-21-03 10:07 PM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
patfrat

PHO/SA - UT/SAC

I've seen indications that neither the Admiral nor Kevin Willis will play tonight for SA. Duncan can't play ALL game long, can he? Strong PHO backcourt exploits weak SA frontcourt and paint coverage.

I think in an average playoff game, you can't give anyone 9+ points...

I think that holds true for UT as well. The old boys will keep their team on an even keel in ARCO Arena. Not gonna let themselves be beat by 10+. Simply too many points to give.

Old Post 04-21-03 10:53 PM
patfrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patfrat Edit post   Report post
bbc

I'm looking at Indiana -7, Phoenix +9, and Utah/Sac uner 188

Indiana had a three minute meltdown that cost them from covering (and winning). If they avoid that today, they should win by 10 or more.

Phoenix is just not a good matchup for San Antonio. Even when San Antonio made its best runs in game one, they were still not close to covering. This all coming with Marbury not having a good game. imagine if he plays well today.

Utah now 18-52 over-under in the playoffs since '96. I have to keep going with this until it loses a couple of times. Sweated out game one, but Sac is still great defensively at home, and Utah still wants to slow it down. Another game in the high 80's or low 90's I think.

bbc

Old Post 04-21-03 11:03 PM
bbc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbc Edit post   Report post
J-Rock

I will be playing the favorites tonight guys...here's why
1.) Home game is very important to win....esp for Spurs and Pacers.
2.) Everyone will bet on Suns/Celtics, but the lines are the same as game 1.
3.) Because I say so......
Laying the points tonight and playing every game over the totals. Seems like most payoff games are close and fast paced. Even if not, you always have a chance for OT.

Old Post 04-21-03 11:39 PM
J-Rock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Rock Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm with JR...

Going with the public in these games will bite you down below.

Old Post 04-21-03 11:41 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

seems like the public is on the favorites tonight, especially Indiana who has gone from -6.5 to -7.5.

Going w/ Utah +9 for 2 units:
*UTAH is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) after playing 2 consecutive games as a road underdog this season
*SACRAMENTO is 1-5 ATS (-4.5 Units) in home games off 2 or more consecutive home wins this season
*SACRAMENTO is 1-6 ATS (-5.6 Units) in home games versus good shooting teams - making >=46% of their shots this season

Taking Boston +7.5 for 2 units:
This Boston team can win in the playoffs, observe their run last yr.
*BOSTON is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) after 2 or more consecutive overs this season
*INDIANA is 1-5 ATS (-4.5 Units) revenging a SU loss vs opponent as a home favorite this season.

Phoenix +9 for 8 units:
Huge public sentiment for SA, how else do you explain why this line is the same after PHX has gone 3-1 in the regular season and took the 1st game of series in OT, plus no Robinson or Willis tonight. How would this not be a close game?
*PHOENIX is 17-3 ATS (+13.7 Units) versus good teams - outscoring their opponents by 3+ points/game this season.
*PHOENIX is 18-5 ATS (+12.5 Units) when playing against a good team (Win Pct. 60% to 75%) this season.
*PHOENIX is 10-3 ATS (+6.7 Units) as a road underdog of 6.5 to 9 points this season.
Plus, Phoenix has covered 9 of last 11, Spurs 1-5 ATS in last 6.

Old Post 04-22-03 12:21 AM
jeffn86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffn86 Edit post   Report post
batoj

re:

i dont see why some ppl here like the indy/boston game to go under...181 is nothing!
no nba playoff game has gone under that total as of yet...i am going to play the over big time.
game 1 total was 179' and they finished with 203 for the game! an easy cover...i'm thinking the game one jitters will be out of them and paul pierce is not going to shoot that bad from the field as he did in game 1...this game is definitely going over...
comments welcome.

Old Post 04-22-03 12:54 AM
batoj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for batoj Click here to Send batoj a Private Message Edit post   Report post
themann
StatFox Hall of Famer

Kings and Spurs, Give up the points in the Kings game and play the under in the Spurs. The Kings can lay what ever number they want on Utah. The Spurs are defensive minded and will play that way . GLTA I hope the public doesnt see these picks!!!!

Old Post 04-22-03 01:04 AM
themann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for themann Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tease the Utah Game

I think the Utah game is a PERFECT game to tease. Teasing games has been fairly profitable for me this NBA season.

6 point tease to Utah +15 and Under 193.5

Seems like a very good way to go on this game.

Dog

Old Post 04-22-03 01:10 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm playing Under Utah for the above mentioned reasons and over SA.

If the injuries do anything they may hurt SA defensively. All games at SA this year have gone over. Phoenix has never scored under 92 in a game with SA this year. Phoenix might watch the tapes and realize that they weren't that offensively sound in the victory and score more. A more aggressive SA without Mr. Passive playing will score and get to the line and hit their throws while stopping the clock.

I am also playing a couple out lines (JVF style) against each other that have been working so far (although a small sample) in the post season.

A good reason that the Boston game may go under is the damn 3 ball that they are so in love with. I think this actually hurts scoring. Both teams would have no problem going into a half court style of play. Boston to through up three's by going inside/outside and Indy to feed O'Neal on the inside were he owns Boston. GL

Old Post 04-22-03 01:13 AM
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Devil Dog recheck your tease #'s.

Old Post 04-22-03 01:14 AM
Herb

FYI folks, Being here in Beantown, just watching pre game hype with Tommy Heinson and Mike Gorman. They are saying that Paul Pierce is really struggling with the FLU today. He was sick yesterday but much worse today. This team has a tough time wihout Pierce and Antoine playing their best...

Good Luck...

Old Post 04-22-03 01:18 AM
Herb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Herb Edit post   Report post
batoj

re:

boston does shoot a lot of 3's...but everytime that happened, they took the board and ran with it...it's a nice time to push the ball when the other team bricks a 3..and at times boston will hit that trey....im putting 10 stars on the over.

Old Post 04-22-03 01:19 AM
batoj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for batoj Click here to Send batoj a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Greg

Spurs (-9) Going against public opinion on this one for sure. 1) Spurs are a better team without Robinson in there, and I think Robinson will only play part the game. 2) Who in there right mind would take the Spurs at that number after losing the first game. Normally would play all 3 games, but I'm loading up on this game and this one only.

Greg

Old Post 04-22-03 01:20 AM
Greg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Breadman, what do you mean

The numbers I gave were accurate. I teased the game 6 points to Utah +15 instead of +9 and the over/under from 187.5 to 193.5 and under.

Dog

Old Post 04-22-03 01:27 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

My bad, thought everyone had 188 for the Jazz game. GL

Old Post 04-22-03 01:31 AM
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I just woke up and freaked a bit when I saw your post. Should have relaxed.

Old Post 04-22-03 01:32 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: