StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Heavy favorites and run lines go together
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
defcon

Heavy favorites and run lines go together

Heavy favorites are attractive when you focus on the run line. Betting on the run line can be a bit tricky though. One trap : a winning team playing at home wouldn't need to play the 9th inning if they are winning the game and therefore shortening the number of innings played.

I hit some nice streaks last year focusing on run lines. Once teams have played enough games to generate reliable data, I will test some strategies I used last year.

Old Post 03-31-03 09:09 PM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Right.

I'll mostly play runlines laying 1.5 runs with visiting teams.

Visitors look for insurance runs in the 8th and 9th. This option isn't available to the home team in the 9th inning.

Never forget how Boston covered for me last year on the RL against these Devil Rays. I was down in the 9th by 2 runs, bases became loaded, and you can guess what happened. TB was terrible late in games!

Not sure yet how they look this year on paper.

Anyone have info on this?

Old Post 03-31-03 09:31 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
defcon

A stroll on memory lane

I remember that game. I sweat russian bullets until Boston covered in the 9th inning.

Old Post 03-31-03 11:15 PM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: