StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Central Michigan
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Central Michigan

Can anybody confirm this ?
#1 RB

[RB] 12/22/2014 - Thomas Rawls expected to miss Wednesday vs. Western Kentucky ( Academics )

GLTA

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-24-14 04:46 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

@CMLIFE
Follow

BREAKING: The CMU football team has announced senior running back Thomas Rawls will not play in The Bahamas Bowl due to "an academic issue."
4:56 PM - 22 Dec 2014

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-24-14 04:53 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Saying the Chippewas lean on Rawls on the offensive end would be a striking understatement. They have two backs with 65 or more carries in Devon Spalding and Saylor Lavallii, but neither has more than 360 rushing yards on the year.

Spalding has turned heads in a few recent contests and should be called upon to replace Rawls. In back-to-back November wins over Eastern Michigan and Miami (Ohio), Spalding amassed over 300 yards on the ground and four touchdowns—good for most of his season total.

Against a Western Kentucky defense that has been gashed all season long, Spalding will need to post a similar performance for the Chippewas to have a chance.

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-24-14 04:55 PM
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sounds like this Spalding guy could pick up the slack. Thanks for the info.

Old Post 12-24-14 05:10 PM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Finesse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Important Side Note

My son pinned Saylor Lavalli in a wrestling match once. It was a while ago though, they were 5 or 6 years old lol. They were in the same wrestling club. I could also mention,Conf USA teams are 9-0 su,ats vs MAC opponents in bowls. Also MAC teams off a su loss of 7 or more pts are 2-12su, 1-13 ats in bowls

Old Post 12-24-14 05:35 PM
The Finesse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Finesse Click here to Send The Finesse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks gentleman

just made the call

W. Kentucky -3.5

GLTA

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-24-14 05:46 PM
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 12-24-14 05:52 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Damn WKU cost me in the Marshall game. Two freakish games in a row.

Tough loss man.

Old Post 12-24-14 09:48 PM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

L O S T

at a loss for printable words

GLTA

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-24-14 10:08 PM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Who :

" Isn't "

G.L. to All !

My meds will not allow me to be overcome with excitement , at my age one could notice the Dead Sea when it was just sick !

Old Post 12-24-14 10:11 PM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I completely blew total call on this game but simply shocked at collapse and blowing it WKU backers!!

Old Post 12-24-14 11:58 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

blowing it for WKU backers I should say.wow

Old Post 12-25-14 12:03 AM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Somebody talk me down from the ledge after that bad beat!

Old Post 12-25-14 12:08 AM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My guess is that had CMU converted at end this would have been largest comeback in Bowl History? I know 2006 Insight Bowl witnessed Texas Tech coming back from 38-7 to win 44-41 over Minnesota. I remember that because I turned game off in 2nd quarter only to return 2 hours later a see that Tech pulled it out.

Old Post 12-25-14 01:08 AM
The Finesse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

W. Kentucky was obviously the right play. This was a classic example of a team winning incredibly easy (up 5 td ' s in the 4th qtr) and shutting it down mentally. In sports, once you shut it down you cannot turn it back on.

Finesse is a reference to how cleverly the books move their lines on certain games. To finesse the public into betting the wrong side.

Old Post 12-25-14 05:41 AM
The Finesse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Finesse Click here to Send The Finesse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hopefully

Coaches will think twice about taking the foot off the gas in the second half not allowing those dreadfull back door covers

Merry Christmas To All

GLTA

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-25-14 04:30 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: