StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Wildcard Saturday NFL
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
flipdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wildcard Saturday NFL

How could you possibly think that the Seahawks will be able to compete against the world champs? How does a below .500 team even make it into the playoffs? Especially after the seahawks ended the season on a downward spiral, and then were lucky enough to beat the Rams to win the division. Well those are easy questions to answer, its the NFL where anything is possible. Playing to the seahawks favor is their home stadium, where it may be the biggest homefield advantage in the league. The joint gets rocking and the "12th" man definetely plays a big part. Seahawks did have some impressive upset wins against talented competition this year. Saints are the obviously the stronger club, but to me DD seems a little out of whack here. The seahawks either win or get blown out, there really is no comfortable median with them. I love the fact that the Saints are on the road, somewhere that they have struggled all year. The only ATS wins on the road this year for the Saints have been against division opponents. Outside the division they are currentely 0-5 ATS on the year, with SU losses at Arizona & Baltimore. Seahawks love when they are home and are currentely 5-3 SU & ATS on the year. Throw in the fact that the Saints embarrased the Hawks earlier in the year, and I think they have plenty of reason to hang tough in this game. Let's get the Saints out of the dome and into an extremely hostile environment and see what they can do.

Seattle +10
Seattle +450

Old Post 01-08-11 05:34 PM
flipdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipdog Click here to Send flipdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
flipdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The colts have been unimpressive all year and they were very fortunate to win a very weak division to get into the playoffs. Indy has been in a must win situational down the strech and you have to wonder how much is really left in the tank? On top of that injuries have really plagued the Colts this season. However #18 has been grinding away and picking up wins for his team. Unfortunetely he doesn't play defense. This is where the Colts will get hurt today. Indy D has had trouble stopping opponents all year, their run defense ranks 25th in the league. How well will they be able to control the Jets run game and the #4 ranking? I just don't see it happening. It should be noted that the Jets are taking this game very personal after Manning lit them up last year in the second half. Jets have made some big improvements that should be able to cover Mannings go to's like white on rice. Jets are a road tested team that is hungry to advance. I hate going against Manning as I always seem to lose, but I feel that the Colts load has been blown this year. Jets get their revenge tonight.

NYJ +3 -120

Old Post 01-08-11 05:50 PM
flipdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipdog Click here to Send flipdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LOVE IT.

Old Post 01-08-11 05:53 PM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
drtony
FoxDen Hall of Famer

dang flipdog

not even do we have identical plays

u r as sarcastic as i am!
love it too!

here's more for your seahawk play!

Steven Glasser of ESPN Stats & Information passes along this note: Seattle is the fifth team since 1978 to enter the playoffs with a point differential of minus-50 or worse, and the previous four won in the wild-card round.

Three of the previous four wild-card winners currently play in the NFC West.

The chart puts Seattle and the four others into perspective by showing their point differentials, records and wild-card results. The final column shows records and point differentials for the wild-card opponents, based on information from Pro Football Reference.

Also from Glasser: "Since 1990, when the NFL expanded the playoffs from 10 teams to 12 to include an extra wild-card team, the six teams that made the playoffs with a point differential of minus-20 or worse all won their opening-round playoff games."

Old Post 01-08-11 07:19 PM
drtony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drtony Click here to Send drtony a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TigreSon
Banned User

Flip

The man who taught me about middles...great to see this from you.

Keep up the solid work

Peace and Victory

Old Post 01-08-11 07:26 PM
TigreSon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TigreSon Click here to Send TigreSon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: