StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > NFL week 8
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

NFL week 8

Mid-way point....some pretty desparate teams out there trying to salvage something. I don't particularly care for desparation as a motivator...nor hype about it.

Quite a bit of hype about the MN game. Did anyone watch the Indy/GB game last week? I saw bits and pieces....and something looked weird to me in that one. It looked like a preseason game, on Indy's part. Then I looked at their W/L record and saw that Tennessee was on deck as another away game.

Indy is not in desparation mode really, scheduling-wise that is. So I will give them at shot.

INDY +4

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-26-08 06:16 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

I will join you on this one tomorrow eve TDBabe.

Hey, I hear NJ is trying to legalize sports wagering...

http://unmetneeds.com/

LIFE: Sometimes you're the baby, sometimes you're the diaper

Old Post 10-26-08 06:20 PM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anything for today Carol? Colts should be fired up .

Old Post 10-26-08 06:20 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Hi guys

Sorry doc....nada for today. I personally have too many conflicting reasons to go with any of them. Situational thoughts are absent.....which is disappointing. The only one I was trying to key in on is the NYG/PIT game....being a non/conf game the NYG have two division games on tap against Dallas and Philly. You could think about that one, plus spilling over to the others. ......nah, I'll just let the dust settle and look at next week.

GL fellas

Chico - I loved your write-ups....same ones I was considering. NJ considering it? Tell me more. Guess I am out of the loop. lol

Old Post 10-26-08 06:30 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

One of your representatives was on the Daily show speaking about it recently, I will try to dig up some info...

Old Post 10-26-08 06:41 PM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills/S0500/143_I1.HTM

he was also on Outside the lines on ESPN recently

Old Post 10-26-08 06:52 PM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks Chico. The Federal law would have to be changed first.....because Nevada is the only state allowed to accept these bets right now. If it's on the ballot, you know which way I will go on this.

It would be nice if racetracks got into the action too....'cause if the onlines go down, a 12 minute ride would be better than an hour and 20 for me. lol

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-26-08 07:57 PM
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It makes perfect sense ( why it wont happen )since AC is the East coast Vegas. Books dont create alot of revenue though.

Old Post 10-26-08 08:28 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Looks like desperation was a motivator in some of the early games.....

Old Post 10-26-08 10:14 PM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

WOW, don't tick off my new Niners coach. Saw his press conference after the game....still trying to find a copy. But here's a section of a piece espn has in print.

In Singletary's first game in charge, he couldn't immediately fix a porous defense -- but he benched quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan after three turnovers and ordered hotheaded tight end Vernon Davis off the field after a foolish penalty.

Before Singletary went into the 49ers' locker room after the game, he removed his hat and spoke to the fans above the tunnel, saying: "I apologize. I apologize to you guys. I apologize."

Singletary, known for his fiery motivational speeches, was promoted from assistant head coach to replace Nolan, who went 18-37. The Niners came out with little passion early -- and thanks mostly to O'Sullivan's mistakes, the Seahawks had a 20-3 halftime lead with just 111 yards of offense.

Shaun Hill replaced O'Sullivan right before halftime, finishing with 173 yards passing and a TD throw to Jason Hill. Frank Gore rushed for 94 yards and caught seven passes for 65 more, but San Francisco nearly came apart at the seams heading into its bye week.

O'Sullivan fumbled on San Francisco's first two possessions -- bringing his NFL-leading total to 11 -- and threw that crushing interception to Wilson in the final minute of the first half before getting benched in favor of Hill, the longtime backup who led the 49ers to two wins late last season.

After Davis caught a 7-yard pass late in the third quarter, he slapped a Seahawks defender's head after the tackle for a 15-yard personal foul. Singletary pulled Davis from the game and yelled at the former No. 6 overall pick in full view of his teammates, commanding Davis to sit on the bench -- and then ordering him to the locker room at the next timeout.

Old Post 10-27-08 02:02 AM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Can't find the clip.....but got this off their website in print. It's part of what he said on the video.

Singletary also discussed what happened with Vernon Davis, who left the field a few minutes after being flagged for an unsportsmanlike penalty late in the third quarter.

"It's something I told players at the beginning of the week," said Singletary. "I will not tolerate players who think it is about them and not the team. We can't make decisions that cost the team, and then come off the sidelines and it's nonchalant. I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else. Rather than play with 11, when I know that right now, that person is not sold out to be part of the team. It's more about them, than it is the team. You can not play with them. You can not win with them. You can not coach with them, can't do it. I want winners. I want people who want to win.

"I told him he'd do a better job for us right now taking a shower and coming back and watching the game than going out on the field, simple as that," continued Singletary.

Singletary said he would have to "think about" whether or not Davis would be the starter following the bye.

He also said that Davis attempted to talk to him after the game, but that he told his tight end, "You don't want to talk to me right now."

Old Post 10-27-08 02:17 AM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td..

Do you live near a racetrack ?

Singletary is going to be a good head coach. This is what the 49ers needed.

Old Post 10-27-08 03:05 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Craig

Yes I do....the closest about 12 minutes from me.

Heard this on the news this morning, so I looked for an article.

Could Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice become the next team president of the San Francisco 49ers? NFL Network reported Sunday morning that the 49ers are interested in speaking with Rice about a "high-level position within the organization."
Rice, a self-described NFL fanatic who has expressed interest in joining the league in some capacity, is seen as someone who could help the 49ers in their pursuit of financing for a new stadium.

Old Post 10-27-08 03:15 PM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

OK, it's Monday. Bytore is pressuring me on this Indy pick. Like I will be responsible for his money if they lose or don't cover.....and/or screw up his mega parlay scheme.

With friends like that! LOL

Bytore, buddy......I love ya like a younger brother. But family and money don't mix! lol

Here's the skinny.......season stats point to Tennessee.
Trends point to Indy.

You have two forces working against each other.

My take has nothing to do with either.......and approaching it from strength of schedule, the fact that TEN blew out KC last week, that Indy basically got blown out by GB last week, and betting against TEN going 7-0 in a division game.

These two have always played each other tough....which is one reason this game was scheduled on Monday Night....it's a game that draws a crowd. HYPE HYPE HYPE......Tennessee the giant killers! Indy has lost its lustre! Haynesworth will kill Peyton.....No Bob Sanders.

Hype could win tonight.......so tread lightly.

Old Post 10-27-08 09:27 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"Like I will be responsible for his money if they lose or don't cover.....and/or screw up his mega parlay scheme"

I would never do that!!! lol!!!

You will only be held partially responsible...

I have been trying to read the numbers too! I have more success betting on passing in big games. So I do favor Indy as well.

Plunging is what it is! lol!!!

The fun is, I can plunge. If wrong, I have to win back the loss.

I am 50% sure to win back the loss.

I do it a lot. It's a fight however, and one cannot stop. It's another way to break even on trades.

Not for the light of heart! lol!

I'm looking at 40 shares. If I lose from the get go, down roughly $60, about $1.50 a share. I will need to sell. My winnings of the last few days. I'm ready!!! Bring the plunge on!!! lol!!!

If the power goes off, I'm so screwed here. lol!

Old Post 10-27-08 10:05 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wait...

I will wait for an Indy lead before plunging!!!

Lost my mind there Tdbabe!!!

The excitement of MNF!!!

I am not to guess outcomes.

I am to ride the trend! Livermore just spoke to me about plunging as I sipped a coffee. He is in my head I tell ya...!!!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-27-08 10:48 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nizzle

go indy!

GL

Nizzle

Old Post 10-28-08 01:05 AM
nizzle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nizzle Click here to Send nizzle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

0-1 = 15-10 lounging. Gettum next week!

Old Post 10-28-08 05:39 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm on the phone with nephew Tdbade.

He is trying to mess with my mind!!! POKER!!!

I know **** about it!!! lol!!!

Been too long...

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-28-08 06:54 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: