StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Correct me if im wrong...this is crazy
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Mshven87

Correct me if im wrong...this is crazy

On bodogs there is line for Billy Joels national anthem at the beginning of the super bowl. Whether or not it will be over 1 minuit and 44 seconds. If I was friends with billy joel and he told how long he was going to sing for...couldnt you theoretically make millions. If for some reason someone gets a hold of how long his national anthem is going to be...it would be great to know ...we could all be rich =)

Old Post 02-02-07 05:32 AM
Mshven87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mshven87 Click here to Send Mshven87 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jhayes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i like the under. actually i'd rather have him singing piano man at halftime than prince singing purple rain. is there a way we could make that happen? is it too late?

Old Post 02-02-07 05:35 AM
jhayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhayes Click here to Send jhayes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The books have a hedge against that, max bet on props such as that is usually $300 or so.

Old Post 02-02-07 05:37 AM
AkiraWulf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AkiraWulf Click here to Send AkiraWulf a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

msh

they have a minimum wager on the bets, which gives them the ability of changing the line and / or the odds to make sure to much money doesnt go on either side.

My YouTube Channel

Old Post 02-02-07 05:37 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

HE has sang this before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7qnMitnDSY ....world series went 1:57

Old Post 02-02-07 05:39 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
amich1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

nice find trizzles

seems like he'd have to alter it a bunch for a 13 second difference no? i wonder where bodog got the # from...

Old Post 02-02-07 05:42 AM
amich1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amich1 Click here to Send amich1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hmm, and they're offering +140 on the over. I'll take that bet.

Old Post 02-02-07 05:47 AM
AkiraWulf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AkiraWulf Click here to Send AkiraWulf a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jhayes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

you should bet the house on it.

Old Post 02-02-07 05:49 AM
jhayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhayes Click here to Send jhayes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jhayes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

it also depends on the weather and the altitude. if it is very humid he could have trouble getting a deep breath and he could cut it short. and what if his asthma acts up??? :)

Old Post 02-02-07 05:51 AM
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

strizzles and others

It was 1:57, however, he didnt start singing until 19 seconds into the video. So, this would put him under by 6 seconds.

Old Post 02-02-07 05:55 AM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Humidity is generally not a huge issue at 6:30 in Miami in the winter, though. The forecast doesn't seem to be negative, either.

Old Post 02-02-07 05:55 AM
amich1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

here's the question

does his anthem start w/ piano playing or "singing"?

Old Post 02-02-07 05:56 AM
amich1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amich1 Click here to Send amich1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

According to bodog, it starts when Billy starts singing

Old Post 02-02-07 06:02 AM
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

this is the superbowll however and u would think it would be a bit longer. Google the avg length of Anthems during the SB and come to an avg

Old Post 02-02-07 06:05 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

seriously?

Betting the over/ under on the anthem? ok maybe I can see that, but actually trying to cap it and taking weather into account? wow. I have learned so much in my time here. this is great stuff.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 02-02-07 01:55 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jrg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Does humidity favor Heads or Tails? LOL.

Old Post 02-02-07 06:04 PM
jrg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jrg Click here to Send jrg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fwljr3
FoxDen Hall of Famer

lol

were all sick.. very sick individuals!! GL on the coin toss and anthem... something tells me that my local guy wont be taking action on those!! :-(

Old Post 02-02-07 06:10 PM
fwljr3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fwljr3 Click here to Send fwljr3 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'd Take The Under

Joel is pissed because he's just doing the anthem, instead of the halftime show. He's gonna sing the song, haul ass to his box, so he can drink and enjoy the game ...

Old Post 02-02-07 06:14 PM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jason Fox

I think this is crazy that you guys are trying to handicapp how long it will take Billy Joel to sing the national anthem.

Good luck with the bets...

Old Post 02-02-07 06:57 PM
Jason Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Fox Click here to Send Jason Fox a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kctatum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Statfox Jason

Have you ever seen the movie Tin Cup? Degenerate gamblers will bet on anything.LOL

Put me down for under 1min 44sec.
Also i will take Tails both for 1 unit.

Old Post 02-02-07 07:03 PM
kctatum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kctatum Click here to Send kctatum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: