StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bears Support Getting Scary
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Highbeams
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bears Support Getting Scary

While it's not unanamous, almost every post I open favors the Bears, many outright. Many thought expressed align with mine. I think this is scary, and I hope I don't feel foolish wathcin Manning jump on the Bears early and often,or worse, late and often.
Does the consensus here bother anyone else?

Old Post 02-04-07 05:50 PM
Highbeams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Highbeams Click here to Send Highbeams a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nizzle

a little bit, but its been like this plenty in the past and we've won it. Only a small % of people research online and look in forums anyway. Hopefully we're on the right side.

GL

Nizzle

Old Post 02-04-07 05:52 PM
nizzle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nizzle Click here to Send nizzle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Smokey La

Many cappers took the Colts early

Most play favs early, and they did, including in the forums...its about even right now, dont sweat it.

Old Post 02-04-07 05:58 PM
Smokey La is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smokey La Click here to Send Smokey La a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

was just thinking the same thing. Not many on the Colts in the few forums I have checked. Much of this is ususally caused by 1 or 2 good cappers on one side then others siding with them. A snowball effect if you will. I have been guilty of this as well. In any case Im anxious as hell and did not sleep well ready to get this thing rolling. GO COLTS lol...

Old Post 02-04-07 06:03 PM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i agree highbeams

truth is, the media has "favored" indy all week but all the betting has been on chicago, particularly alarming for me is the ML betting on Chicago....when combined with about 50% of spread betters taking chicago and 70%+ taking Chicago on the ML the REAL consensus favorite is clearly Chicago

this makes the superbowl a no play for me

I was expecting a huge spread consensus swing toward Indy, which could still develop but right now I think the public including sharp betters are being set-up

Old Post 02-04-07 06:04 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sportsradio
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yes, its very scary......

I was sitting here thinking the very same thought.

I hate it when 80 to 90% of semi-sharps are on the same side. However, the true "squares" are on Indy and pros and semi-sharps are ALL on the Bears.

In my mind I'm fluctuating between "is it really this easy" and/or "I knew Peyton would get that last wasted TD and win by 10!"

We truly have to look at history and have confidence in math and hope they play "true to form!" I can argue either team with fairly sound logic.
I do wish Tommy Harris was playing. He doesn't recceive enough credit in my opinion. He's the FORCE the defense is now lacking for the Bears.

Pros bet the +7- and now 7 and Indy ML, and generally the under.

If it were last years version of the Colts I would take the favorite and look for the typical better team blowout but theres too much pressure on P. Manning!
It's all about adjustments today. Peyton got the job done against NE in an ugly way. The question is....can he do it again today. Even in an ugly way. Even as I type this and ramble on.....it's a "wish bet" or "square bet" that the game has a storybook ending. %'s are with the Bears and Peyton having an average or below average day. (I just don't see him "loose and having fun today" I could very obviously be wrong. Time will tell.)
An Old School comment, with over 22 years of handicapping and experience I draw on the fact that, its hard enough to win the game besides winning and covering.

Yes, the "herd mentality" on the Bears scares the hell out of me.

GL to everyone. I like Indy under 21- first downs as a 1x

Old Post 02-04-07 06:22 PM
sportsradio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sportsradio Click here to Send sportsradio a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: