StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl XLI
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Super Bowl XLI

want to preface this by pointing out that this pick is not being made to spite Peyton Manning. I take alot of pride in my Super Bowl handicapping record. I started with the Broncos/Packers SB, had the Broncos. Lost the Giants/Ravens side, pushed on the Rams/Titans side (damn you Mike Jones), lost the Steelers/Hawks side and total(thanks to the refs. I don't normally use the refs suck excuse often, but Stevie Wonder thought that SB was poorly reffed). So that puts me at a grand total of 5-2-1 on SB sides, and 3-1 on totals, which I didn't start playing in SB's until Tampa/Oakland and that adds up to 8-3-1 in the last 8 Super Bowls. I bet to make money, and if that means placing a wager on Manning and rooting for the Colts to win, I'll do that (did it twice this year, against Denver and Cincy). With that said and out of the way.

The Colts have played ONE good half of offense in the playoffs this year, and that was against a Pats team that had absolutely NOTHING left in the tank. The Pats D was lacking in depth and speed, and it showed in the second half of that Colts game. The Bears do not have that problem. They have depth, they don't need to blitz to get pressure on the qb, and Joe Addai and Dominic Rhodes are going to be fairly ineffective rushing the ball. The Colts obviously have the better QB and wideouts in this one, but they Benson and Jones are better RB's, the Clark matchup at TE is a wash, the kickers are a wash, the Bears have better LB's, a better secondary, a better D-line, and a better return man. The Colts haven't faced a two-pronged rushing attack as healthy and talented as this since they faced Jacksonville. That didn't turn out very well for them. The thing about this Bears defense is not that they are stifling, but they can cause a turnover at any time, and they have just as good a chance at scoring on defense as the Colts offense does of scoring on them. This matchup reminds me of the Giants/Ravens and Bucs/Raiders matchups, in terms of the Bears have the better defense and everyone is asking how in the world the Bears can stop the Colts? Belichick(in the first half) and Rob Ryan (Ravens Coordinator) gave everyone the blueprint to shutting down the Colts offense. The Pats in the first half stifled the Colts, and the Ravens really clamped down on them, holding them to five field goals and had numerous turnover opportunites that Ray Lewis inadvertently tipped away (twice). I think Grossman will be fine, and that the Bears ability to score on defense will make the difference in this one

Bears 38 Indy-23

www.twitter.com/mattyinmaine

Record since 1/1/2010: 19-7

Old Post 02-04-07 02:53 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jrg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good luck, go Bears!

Old Post 02-04-07 03:15 PM
jrg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jrg Click here to Send jrg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Aces215

Good luck. I just hope the public keeps that line at 7. My bookie doesn't open until 10 this morning. :)

Old Post 02-04-07 03:40 PM
Aces215 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aces215 Click here to Send Aces215 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

BWELL

glad to see we're on the same page today
GL

Old Post 02-04-07 04:28 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

local lines

My local uses lines from pinny as posted on yahoo and I'm down to bears + 6.5. That's what I get for dragging my feet.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 02-04-07 04:32 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
steveko
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bwells

like it
good luck

Old Post 02-04-07 04:40 PM
steveko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveko Click here to Send steveko a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: