StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > your friendly neighborhood super bowl tease info
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
beachbum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

your friendly neighborhood super bowl tease info

building off a thread started by the shade i believe about teams doing well in super bowls with a better team defense in terms of pts allowed during the regular season.............here is some info

in the last 25 super bowls i believe there have been 13 instances in which one team has been more
than 4 ranking spots ahead of the opponent in terms of pts allowed. in all 13 instances this team has been teaseable and is also 8-3-2 ATS. these 13 games are also 11-2 teaseable to the over as well.

one can also look at these games and isolate a situation where one team has a higher ranking in terms of pts allowed and is significantly better at defending the run (we'll use a difference of .4 or more yards per rush allowed- i.e. less ypr allowed) in these last 25 super bowls this situation has arisen 9 times and these teams are 8-1 with a teaser line (not sure ats). the outlier here is the 1998 super bowl where GB was ranked slightly higher than denver in terms of pts allowed and had sig better ypr allowed on D but did not cover and lost su as well.

i think this info points to the following play: chicago +13.5, o41 total pts. but good luck to everyone with all of your other plays and remember don't wager a heckuva lot just because its the super bowl.....just another game don't go crazy...take bigdadi's advice.

Old Post 02-04-07 04:39 AM
beachbum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beachbum Click here to Send beachbum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: